Tomorrow and Thursday Are Final Live TC Coverage

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PSA:

Tomorrow the 15th (11am PST) and Thursday the 16th (10am PST) appear to be the final two days where they will offer live coverage, fyi.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I tried to watch it one time this year and all I got was a bufferin....and a headache with it. No thanks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Worked fine for me but the streaming video is essentially nothing but warm-ups.

The discussion is fairly interesting.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it's not so much the video as much as it's the round-table discussion that I like. The players aren't doing much to gleen from. I wish they would show actual 7-on-7s or other live action drills. Still, it's nice to listen to while I work.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, thanks!

You can tell how bad the smoke and air quality is in Western Washington lately. I can't imagine running around in it in pads is a great idea. I won't even go out in it. Horrible.

Makes for some strikiing red Suns at sunset though...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    375.6 KB · Views: 512

Jville

Reaction score
Welcome to the wildfire season.

Over the last 5 years, it has become the new norm where I live. So far this year, we've been living continuously in considerable wildfire smoke for a full month now. Most here are staying inside. I see only a small few with air masks who continue to get out at dawn and speed walk or run. It is simply amazing how, after a month, so few people are using air masks and modifying their diets. Foods that help cope with air pollution, as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cleanse both the lungs and the blood that flows thru lungs. The top 10 rated are apples, cantaloupe, blueberries, broccoli, collard greens, kale, ginger, flax seed, pumpkins and garlic. During the wildfire season I have also become particularly fond of fennel seed.

Eye drops have become essential for eye health. Although, on very unhealthy to high hazard pollution days, I have resorted to use of wrap around motorcycle safety glasses that seal to the face. It's been a nasty one month + and counting. I'm thinking the smoke will continue here well into October again this year. Perhaps some day, city lawyers and politicians will move on to other things and return the care of the outback and rural America to foresters and people who actually live and work there.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jville":9six07ds said:

Over the last 5 years, it has become the new norm where I live. So far this year, we've been living continuously in considerable wildfire smoke for a full month now. Most here are staying inside. I see only a small few with air masks who continue to get out at dawn and speed walk or run. It is simply amazing how, after a month, so few people are using air masks and modifying their diets. Foods that help cope with air pollution, as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cleanse both the lungs and the blood that flows thru lungs. The top 10 rated are apples, cantaloupe, blueberries, broccoli, collard greens, kale, ginger, flax seed, pumpkins and garlic. During the wildfire season I have also become particularly fond of fennel seed.

Eye drops have become essential for eye health. Although, on very unhealthy to high hazard pollution days, I have resorted to use of wrap around motorcycle safety glasses that seal to the face. It's been a nasty one month + and counting. I'm thinking the smoke will continue here well into October again this year. Perhaps some day, city lawyers and politicians will move on to other things and return the care of the outback and rural America to foresters and people who actually live and work there.

Good info, thanks! I fear this will become the New Normal moving forward. I am happy that I eat most of those foods on your list on a daily or near daily basis. I saw a lady running earlier with her kid in a stroller...No masks, no protection.

:34853_doh:

I haven't ran in 5 days due to the poor air quality but I was jonesing so I ran on my treadmill in the garage with the garage door closed and giant fan on full blast today. I thought about putting a mask on but it seemed to be okay.

Sorry for the off-topic. Kind of bummed the final TC coverage is tomorrow. I love listening to Wyman. The scenery is "meh" (minus the lovely co-broadcaster on our left when watching) but the dialogue is a good distraction from work. I am surprised they haven't been forced to practice inside the facility on these really bad smoke days though.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":1f4189fy said:
Jville":1f4189fy said:

Good info, thanks! I fear this will become the New Normal moving forward. I am happy that I eat most of those foods on your list on a daily or near daily basis. I saw a lady running earlier with her kid in a stroller...No masks, no protection.

:34853_doh:

I haven't ran in 5 days due to the poor air quality but I was jonesing so I ran on my treadmill in the garage with the garage door closed and giant fan on full blast today. I thought about putting a mask on but it seemed to be okay.

Sorry for the off-topic. Kind of bummed the final TC coverage is tomorrow. I love listening to Wyman. The scenery is "meh" (minus the lovely co-broadcaster on our left when watching) but the dialogue is a good distraction from work. I am surprised they haven't been forced to practice inside the facility on these really bad smoke days though.

Our faces are unique and so to is our fit to a face mask. Studies indicate that only about 10% of face masks are effective because of leaks. Roughly 90% of users don't take the time to eliminate leaks and insure a good mask to face fit. Also, most of the population is unaware that typical pharmacy face mask don't filter to a small enough size to be effective in filtering out fine wildfire smoke. I've found that a "Totobobo" mask with F96 replaceable filters works best for me. It was originally designed to fit a wide range of faces out of concern over bird virus pandemics. It is effective against air borne pathogens as well as wildfire smoke, volcanic ash, pollen, spores, ect. [urltargetblank]http://totobobo.com/#home[/urltargetblank] It's available thru Amazon of course.

Because annual wildfire smoke is now the new norm in my neck of the woods, I also purchased a portable Austin air cleaner with 5 stages of filtration a few years back. It is what many hospitals and the government use in many areas including areas where there is a potential for poison gas. I use it during the fire season to supplement my central air filtration. It also makes an amazing difference in the quality of sleep as it filters all the gassing from household furnishings, carpets, chemicals, ect. [urltargetblank]http://austinair.com/austin-air/[/urltargetblank]

Returning to the topic of Dave Wyman, I enjoy his stories and perspectives. He adds a lot to our enjoyment. Today's last Training Camp Web Cast for 2018 is scheduled to begin at 10am. For what it is worth, I prefer the periscope link [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks[/urltargetblank] over the main site link. It doesn't seem to get hung up with error messages and it seems to stream live better without buffering messages.

Today's last Training Camp Web Cast for 2018 is scheduled to begin at 10am. [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts