Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks Rasheem Green May be the Next Great End in Seattle

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I'm watching him being interviewed and it occurs to me that he is a different sort of character, eccentric pauses and those sci-fi eyebrows and facial expressions! I like that in a defensive end!
    https://12thmanrising.com/2018/08/10/se ... d-seattle/
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • DomeHawk wrote:I'm watching him being interviewed and it occurs to me that he is a different sort of character, eccentric pauses and those sci-fi eyebrows and facial expressions! I like that in a defensive end!
    https://12thmanrising.com/2018/08/10/se ... d-seattle/

    That reminds me of how Maxwell had been said to be like during interviews. I like Green a lot. I think he has mass potential.
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


  • Totally agree. He could be one of the New Gen Gems.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12787
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Yep, this draft is going to produce at least 6 contributors
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I like him but keep in mind that was a third string tackle he was playing against in the first pre-season game.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3433
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • Beast is beast regardless. He's a 1st round talent that they got in the 3rd round.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Part of me is chuckling at the usual first pre-season game overreaction stuff.

    But, part of me is intrigued as well.

    Excited to see what he brings in regular season games against first stringers.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9315
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


  • Nah, he's going to be a beast, I have no doubt.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Why am I getting a hella long dog commercial?
    In a cemetery full of Tomahawks.
    Givin’ middle fingers to the pigeons doing somersaults.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2581
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • hgwellz12 wrote:Why am I getting a hella long dog commercial?


    LOL...my thoughts exactly.
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9777
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


  • He sure looked beastly and special in the Indie game.

    It'd be a huge benefit to the team if he is the monster he looked to be as combining him with Clark and the others may give the team a ferocious pass rush.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5396
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • It's an article below puppy commercial
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17708
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • He demonstrated the power/length/speed combo that has had a lot of people excited about him. He was a high 2nd round talent who fell all the way to the 3rd round. Still raw in some areas: a little slow in his get off at times, relied too much on spin and bull rush, would like to see more aggressive countermoves, etc. But it's a good start to his Seahawks career. He looked much better at keeping outside contain than originally thought. Will be interesting to see him play against a strong run game, like the Vikings have.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2476
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • ImTheScientist wrote:I like him but keep in mind that was a third string tackle he was playing against in the first pre-season game.


    Joe Haeg is a good player who would probably be our 3rd best offensive linemen, IMO. He's a more athletic version of Ethan Pocic, who is better suited playing inside at guard.

    Green's tremendous length -- and violent hands -- were too much for him at LT.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2476
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:I like him but keep in mind that was a third string tackle he was playing against in the first pre-season game.


    Joe Haeg is a good player who would probably be our 3rd best offensive linemen, IMO. He's a more athletic version of Ethan Pocic, who is better suited playing inside at guard.

    Green's tremendous length -- and violent hands -- were too much for him at LT.


    Haeg was a 5th round pick and their 3rd tackle. Sorry, but those are the facts and not opinion.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3433
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:I like him but keep in mind that was a third string tackle he was playing against in the first pre-season game.


    Joe Haeg is a good player who would probably be our 3rd best offensive linemen, IMO. He's a more athletic version of Ethan Pocic, who is better suited playing inside at guard.

    Green's tremendous length -- and violent hands -- were too much for him at LT.


    Haeg was a 5th round pick and their 3rd tackle. Sorry, but those are the facts and not opinion.


    And Chris Carson was a 7th round pick. Maybe that’s why you don’t like him. :D
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2476
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • hgwellz12 wrote:Why am I getting a hella long dog commercial?


    A better question might be: Why are you looking for an article on Rasheem Green in a video entitled, "Dog-Gone Facts About the Puppy Bowl?"
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale




  • User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2476
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:Why am I getting a hella long dog commercial?


    A better question might be: Why are you looking for an article on Rasheem Green in a video entitled, "Dog-Gone Facts About the Puppy Bowl?"


    It was the only video on the page.
    In a cemetery full of Tomahawks.
    Givin’ middle fingers to the pigeons doing somersaults.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2581
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Haeg was a 5th round pick and their 3rd tackle. Sorry, but those are the facts and not opinion.


    So if he was any good he should have had a better showing? He's barely 21 and showed up well his first time in an NFL uniform, if he had 3 sacks would excitement be warranted? What about 5?

    If preseason play didn't matter they'd already have the 53 man roster set
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


  • You want to crown him, then crown him!!

    Image


    Green was the best player on the field last week, but I'm gonna need to see some regular season games where teams scheme, and it matters before I get too excited.
    Last edited by Sgt. Largent on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13589
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Y
    Green was the best player on the field last week, but I'm gonna need to see some regular season games where teams scheme, and it matters before I get too excited.


    Exactly! Can you imagine the Hawks scheming and running stunts with Green? It'll be epic!
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1878
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am




It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information