Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Penny Injured?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Penny Injured?
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Penny Injured?
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:06 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:07 pm
  • Just heard on Danny, Dave, and Moore, per Clayton, that he injured his hand today. He hasn't expounded on it though.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm
  • I am happy to hear not a discipline issue. .......not happy to hear an injury.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 pm
  • I'm going to wait to hear some details before I meltdown and punch a baby in the face and throw a table through a window.

Can we please get a frickin break with the RB injuries?

Ugh...
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 pm
  • Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:01 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.

Ouch.

Mariners disease.

:snack:
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.

Why does this sound 100% accurate?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.

Because the glass is half empty you pessimists!
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:26 pm
  • It's Deja Vu all over again!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:49 pm
  • naholmes wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.

Hey now, it's hard to be optimistic when Seattle's RB position has been dubbed "The most dangerous job in America" over the last few years!
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:02 pm
  • naholmes wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:

Sounds more like frustration to me. The past two years have been very freakish with RB injuries. I am still hoping it was because our O-Line was so poor.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:14 pm
  • OR we could not jump off the ledge over something that could very well be a non-issue.

There's always THAT. :P

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm
  • naholmes wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:

Yeah, it's not "Pessimists", it Pissymists. :lol:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 pm
  • He probably High Fived Prosise and well you know that shit can be contagious.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:He probably High Fived Prosise and well you know that shit can be contagious.

You win the internet today.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm
  • The title of “Seahawk running back” is becoming as dangerous as “Spinal Tap drummer”!
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:31 pm
  • Aros wrote:OR we could not jump off the ledge over something that could very well be a non-issue.

There's always THAT. :P

Where's the fun in that? :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Wait just a minute, I thought y'all said Penny sucked and was a wasted pick after the first preseason game and now you're having a meltdown over a hand injury? I can't keep up, please advise me if I should be bummed over the wasted pick or bummed over an injury. :stirthepot:

Ohhh, nevermind, I figured it out. He is a wasted pick because he is injury prone, right?
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 pm
  • oregonhawkfan wrote:Wait just a minute, I thought y'all said Penny sucked and was a wasted pick after the first preseason game and now you're having a meltdown over a hand injury? I can't keep up, please advise me if I should be bummed over the wasted pick or bummed over an injury. :stirthepot:

Ohhh, nevermind, I figured it out. He is a wasted pick because he is injury prone, right?

Well, one game, one injury. How much more prone can a player be? :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 pm
  • It's a right of passage for our 1st pick to get hurt every season
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:The title of “Seahawk running back” is becoming as dangerous as “Spinal Tap drummer”!

I’m going to be beyond pissed if he spontaneously combusts! Beyond Pissed! :x
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:The title of “Seahawk running back” is becoming as dangerous as “Spinal Tap drummer”!

I’m going to be beyond pissed if he spontaneously combusts! Beyond Pissed! :x

but you gotta admit it would be a whole lot flyer than a gardening accident! :irishdrinkers:
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm
  • Hilarious exchange. :D
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:53 pm
  • Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm
  • I'd give my two cents, but it seems I'm missing a Penny.

:oops:
    "You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:27 am
  • SE174 wrote:I'd give my two cents, but it seems I'm missing a Penny.

:oops:

No
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:42 am
  • Well I heard some bad news.....I heard McDowell was running out of cash and sold his ATV and unused helmet to Penny for you guessed it $999.99

The discount is for... a Penny saved is a Penny earned (ironic huh?). :lol: :snack:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 am
  • Turtles, I appreciate them
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am
  • Seymour wrote:Well I heard some bad news.....I heard McDowell was running out of cash and sold his ATV and unused helmet to Penny for you guessed it $999.99

The discount is for... a Penny saved is a Penny earned (ironic huh?). :lol: :snack:

Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    naholmes wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:

Yeah, it's not "Pessimists", it Pissymists. :lol:

In this case shouldn't it be Pennymists?

But I agree with Aros. It could just as well be nothing, so I'll wait for the next update.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:47 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Turtles, I appreciate them

Frogs are so much faster tho.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 am
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.

Doubt he plays even if the injury isn't bad. No reason to throw Penny back into a game for pre-season and risk it getting worse.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.

Doubt he plays even if the injury isn't bad. No reason to throw Penny back into a game for pre-season and risk it getting worse.

There actually is a reason. Penny has not proven his his roster spot yet (draft position should mean little if always compete is to be taken seriously). So right now, he's still just 1/2 a step above Prosise.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.

There actually is a reason. Penny has not proven his his roster spot yet (draft position should mean little if always compete is to be taken seriously). So right now, he's still just 1/2 a step above Prosise.

That's all just talk. There's a reason we put up with McDowell's nonsense for an entire year, because of his draft position.

Same with Penny, you don't risk further injury with a 1st round RB that's expected to carry half the load this year. You get him back to 100% health, even if that means missing a pre-season game.

So unless his injury is REALLY minor, you're not going to see him on Saturday.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

That's all just talk. There's a reason we put up with McDowell's nonsense for an entire year, because of his draft position.

Same with Penny, you don't risk further injury with a 1st round RB that's expected to carry half the load this year. You get him back to 100% health, even if that means missing a pre-season game.

By roster spot I'm not saying he could get cut this year. I'm saying where he may begin the season in pecking order for running backs and the amount of playing time he will get.

That is still undetermined, and you can bet Schotty will tune the playbook to the back more than Bevell ever dreamed of. (Bevells famous last words...."it's not about them it's about us and we do what we do" when asked if he'd draw up special plays for Jimmy Graham year 1. :177692:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

By roster spot I'm not saying he could get cut this year. I'm saying where he may begin the season in pecking order for running backs and the amount of playing time he will get.

That is still undetermined, and you can bet Schotty will tune the playbook to the back more than Bevell ever dreamed of. (Bevells famous last words...."it's not about them it's about us and we do what we do" when asked if he'd draw up special plays for Jimmy Graham year 1. :177692:

Right, but you brought up Prosise, which is laughable. Dude couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it to be ahead of anyone on the depth chart. He'll be lucky to even make the team at this point, Pete has to be done with his injury nonsense.

So I think Penny's safe from missing one pre-season game to get back to 100% while Davis and McKissic get snaps..............Pete's sure as heck not going to push Penny if he's injured.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Right, but you brought up Prosise, which is laughable. Dude couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it to be ahead of anyone on the depth chart. He'll be lucky to even make the team at this point, Pete has to be done with his injury nonsense.

So I think Penny's safe from missing one pre-season game to get back to 100% while Davis and McKissic get snaps..............Pete's sure as heck not going to push Penny if he's injured.

Agree, but my point is...this early on do we know for certain that Penny is more durable than Prosise? Nope....we don't, but odds are he HAS to be though...(that I'll admit) LOL. :2thumbs:

Agree Pete will not push him if he's at risk, but he also won't just sit him just to save him since he was our top pick either (pretty much my point).
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:24 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Agree, but my point is...this early on do we know for certain that Penny is more durable than Prosise? Nope....we don't, but odds are he HAS to be though...(that I'll admit) LOL. :2thumbs:

Agree Pete will not push him if he's at risk, but he also won't just sit him just to save him since he was our top pick either (pretty much my point).

Actually we do, 1 pre season game, Prosise Injured Penny played, advantage Penny so far.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Nuts!

Sure hope this is nothing serious.

Let's hope this isn't any indication of what is to come at RB this season. Thankfully we do know that Davis is at least reliable.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 pm
  • Unlike Prosise, Penny has no real injury history from college which is why I suspect this might not be anything that keeps him out of practice for long. Hand injuries are problematic for RBs as the ball is so repeatedly tugged at as they are tackled and their hands need to be strong to prevent the ball being knocked/pulled out.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 pm
  • I'm honestly hoping that Procise will see some meaningful snaps in a Seahawk uni this season, and actually become a consistent contributor, preferably for the 'Hawks and not another team. I'm as baffled as anyone else at the neverending small injuries and unavailability, but I can't help but wonder if there is something else going on that the team is hiding from the public. For example, what if it eventually comes out that Procise has been battling some form of cancer the last couple years? I have NO INFORMATION to indicate that; PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, but dealing with treatment, surgeries, and trying to keep his body at an NFL level through such treatment, and being held out by the team to allow assorted surgeries to heal... I mean, seriously, something along that line is about all I can come up with that plausibly explains the situation. Maybe there is some other disease or condition that weakens connective tissue or bones or something.

Prosise's primary injury, reported after the Nov. 2017 game vs. the Eagles (in which Prosise had a 72-yard TD run) was a broken scapula. Assuming that we take the team at its word on the injury.

From Wikpedia:
    "Usually, it takes a large amount of energy to fracture the scapula; the force may be indirect but is more often direct.[3] The scapula is fractured as the result of significant blunt trauma, as occurs in vehicle collisions.[4] About three quarters of cases are caused by high-speed car and motorcycle collisions.[4] Falls and blows to the shoulder area can also cause the injury.[4] Crushing injuries (as may occur in railroad or forestry accidents) and sports injuries (as may occur in horseback riding, mountain biking, bmxing or skiing) can also fracture the scapula." it also says, "Signs and symptoms may be masked by other injuries that accompany the scapular fracture.[2]"

What if Prosise's scapula fracture injury involved more than just a simple scapula fracture? It seems to take a LOT of force and trauma to break a scapula. Maybe Prosise was in an trauma-rich unreported auto (or ATV) accident with a host of tissue injuries, and the team just picked "broken scapula" as the one to report? Does anyone have a video link to a specific play in that Eagles game where Prosise got clocked that would account for a scapula fracture?

I'm sure I should just post this in a new thread, or post in the "CJ Prosise Weekly Unavailability Thread." It seems to me that we've been piling on Prosise, mocking him, for a year now, and it's truly hard for me to conceive that a guy like Prosise who has been able to make it to the NFL level and play VERY well (when healthy) would be a malingerer or "soft". Never mind the Percy Harvin counterexample; Prosise is no Pus, er, Percy Harvin. I mean, Prosise really seems like a good dude, smart, well-spoken, can even write, does what he can to be involved in the community, and was a Golden Domer in college, which, love or hate, Notre Dame isn't exactly a place where weaklings and quitters congregate to play college football. I don't recall ever hearing Pete criticize Prosise or roll his eyes when asked about Prosise (correct me if I'm wrong), where we DID hear Pete question Percy Harvin's injuries back in the day. Never heard a peep about Prosise being a locker room problem, or being less than a hard worker. (like all the crap we heard about McDowell that the 'Hawks chose to ignore and draft him anyway). So there's just a whole lot that doesn't add up on the C.J. Prosise front.

So it's maddening, frustrating, so see Prosise unavailable, week after week, and I can't help but feel we are being unfair to a man who is doing the best he can in a challenging situation, where a lot of the facts are likely being concealed from the public by the team.

I know that I injured my rotator cuff a year ago, just throwing way more than my shoulder was ever used to, and a year later, even though my strength and range of motion are back, I still can't throw worth crap, and during my rehab, I learned what a complicated and fragile joint the shoulder can be. It's a bloody miracle the thing works at all, IMO. To play RB/WR at an NFL level, that shoulder joint comes into play a LOT, and if it's not properly healed, it would be hard for a player like Prosise to really be ready to play, and the risk of ongoing reinjury/setbacks will always be there until it is truly healed.

I just can't help but feel we are getting very incomplete information on Procise's injury(ies) and that we have been unfairly dogging a guy who is plenty tough and committed, but just dealing with a crappy situation where his body is setting the timetable and that body has a mind of its own.

Would love to hear BigSkyDoc's take on this.

=== EDIT: POSTED ABOVE, IN "Weekly Prosise unavailability thread", responses there please... ====

Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140310&p=2189891&hilit=prosise+unavailability#p2189891
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 pm
  • Broken finger, out for 3-4 weeks. Ugh.

We've had extremely bad luck with injuries the last 3-4 seasons. Please god tell me this isn't yet another.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 am
  • To me this only improves the chances for Davis to secure a roster spot.

This injury certainly sucks and to me is hugely disappointing, it drops Penny down the DC for now. Hopefully the time estimate is not wrong.

It’s now or possibly never for Promise

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:09 am
  • He'll be ready for week 1. It's gonna' be ok :2thumbs:
    You're right about seeing playing time for the other guys, let em battle it out.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:44 am
  • Whilst this topic is the older one I’m going to lock it anyway and we can continue the discussion in this thread -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147394
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information