Bobby's contract

quadsas

Reaction score
Anyone dreading this offseason considering our last two big stars held out, and next year is his contract year?

Didn't care much about Earl and Kam holding out, but Bobby's would be heartbreaking

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think we extend him before then. Earl likely would have been too had he not been so dumb about it... Guess we'll never know for sure.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Bobby will probably want $12.5M/year average with 45 - 50% guaranteed

HawkFan72

Reaction score
How the Hawks deal with Earl now could have a huge impact on what Bobby plans to do next year. We should all hope the Hawks continue to play hard ball and don't give in. It might deter Bobby from holding out next offseason.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
HawkGA":2835tdz1 said:
Won't Russ come up about then?

I dont think we need to worry about Russ's extension, he's getting one regardless and he'll get paid without any problems

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
quadsas":qj85u4mr said:
HawkGA":qj85u4mr said:

I dont think we need to worry about Russ's extension, he's getting one regardless and he'll get paid without any problems

Russ is going to get $30 million plus. That is going to eat up a huge chunk of cap, and IMO, is a major factor why they are not extending Earl.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":h6wswi72 said:
quadsas":h6wswi72 said:
HawkGA":h6wswi72 said:

Russ is going to get $30 million plus. That is going to eat up a huge chunk of cap, and IMO, is a major factor why they are not extending Earl.
You get it...

truehawksfan

Reaction score
It depends on whether the Hawks want Wags or not.

If not, we may see a ET or Kam situation. But, KJ Wright is in a contract year and he's in camp.

If so, we may see a Duane Brown situation. He was in constant contact w/his agent and got a deal done.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
It’s pretty much the exact same situation, yeah. Age 30 season, and will want to reset market with high guarantees. Not sure the hawks will want to do that. These 4 year extensions have created some really tough situations for the team.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Wagner isn't going anywhere. I don't believe KJ is either. I believe the evidence for this is both from what I have heard from Pete all off season(just personal observations of things he has said, though he hadn't been specific at all about their contracts) , and the fact that they brought in Ken Norton JR as the new d coordinator. I think it was their plan to build around this lb group. Also, from everything I have heard and read, they never planned on extending Earl, no matter if they need to extend Russ or not. This has been reported both locally, and by national press like Rap Sheet and others. From what I have read, the organization was in fact done with Earl after the whole Dallas incident last year. They want guys to buy in, simple as that. Bobby and KJ have never been critical publicly like the guys that are gone, to my knowledge.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The 30-years-old rule used to be a line that meant running backs would dwindle. But it's become a lazy measuring stick for a lot of people for most positions.

Barring something weird or injury, I think Bobby will be pretty damn good into his mid-thirties, like plenty of linebackers of his caliber (with a great athletic profile and smarts) before him.

I'd be surprised if there was any hesitation to put him under contract through 2022 or 2023 (when he's 33). The only reason not to, in my opinion, is if the team is so bad that it doesn't think it'd be competitive for several years, which I don't see happening.

original poster

Reaction score
Bobby will get paid, there won’t be any drama attached to it or rumours of holdouts etc.

One day we will just hear that an extension is imminent and that’ll be that. Bobby is a true leader, leads by example and I’d bet he’d set the perfect example by knowing he will get paid and waiting for it to come without all the nonsensese attached to it.

Just like K.J. He is in a contract year and he’s still around, they don’t all do it.

Latest posts