Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Cut Prosise tomorrow

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Cut Prosise tomorrow
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Re: Cut Prosise tomorrow
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 pm
  • Came here to say the same thing.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 pm
  • I don't see how they can keep him this year .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm
  • Bust....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm
  • Cut him
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:21 pm
  • Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.

I agree. This year is his last year to make a sustained impact though.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 pm
  • Mr. Glass has been stealing from the Seahawks long enough, cut him.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 am
  • Put him back at WR and he's a lot like a big Tate. Moore is kind of looking like that now. The demands of playing RB vs WR are very, very different.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Put him back at WR and he's a lot like a big Tate. Moore is kind of looking like that now. The demands of playing RB vs WR are very, very different.

That is a good idea, and his only hope. Otherwise cut him.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 am
  • AgentDib wrote:Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.

He is ineligible for PUP since he attended camp.

Too bad. The guy had some moves when he could show them. Not doing us much good in the training room, though.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 am
  • Fade wrote:Mr. Glass has been stealing from the Seahawks long enough, cut him.

That is kinda where I'm at. Quit paying these guys to sit in the damn hot tub 24/7/365.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 am
  • Nah. No reason to cut him now. It's not like there's some stud out there right now to put in his place. Unless you want to pick up Christine Michael in a few weeks :lol:
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:14 am
  • No gain in cutting him right now other than satisfying the frustrations of some fans. I doubt he makes the 53, though, in any event.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am
  • It has to be mental doesnt it? Almost like he is terrified of getting hurt again so he won't play unless he feels 100%. Very strange.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am
  • Doubt he makes it through the final cuts as the team will keep Davis over him as Davis is more reliable and everything Prosise could potentially do if he were ever healthy can be done by Penny or McKissic.

Think he's shy and afraid of contact and would be a huge player if he played touch football if he could have every other game off for one booboo or another.

He's a player with promise that will never fulfill that promise, a waste of of a roster spot, all kinds of potential unrealized b/c of his inability to

Of course if he gets cut he will suddenly become healthy and excel in NE or some other place. I rather suspect he is very much on the roster bubble and doesn't deserve to be kept if competition is truly the basis for selection of the team.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 am
  • Watch him go to another team and tear it up like Spencer Ware, Justin Forsett and Alex Collins...
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 am
  • The animosity people feel for Procise simply because he's injury prone is absurd.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 am
  • Trrrroy wrote:The animosity people feel for Procise simply because he's injury prone is absurd.

I'm seeing more frustration than animosity and the frustration seems pretty warranted. Explosive talent that teases you but gets injured stepping off the bus, and that's not much of an exaggeration at all.

I agree with those that say hang on to him if it isn't a big financial risk, but come on. Every Seattle fan slapped their forehead in unison hearing about his injury. It was the facepalm version of Beastquake.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 am
  • He’s sort of like a trophy wife who never puts out... seriously he occupies a roster spot that robs someone else of an opportunity. He is the antithesis of “always compete”.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Because he's taking up a roster spot that could be better used on someone who might be available to PLAY.
    I mean hell...there are players that are more deserving to be on the Seahawks 53.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.

Because he's taking up a roster spot that could be better used on someone who might be available to PLAY.
    I mean hell...there are players that are more deserving to be on the Seahawks 53.

I get what you're saying, but it's still training camp/preseason and they have a 90 man roster to work with right now.

However, when the time comes for the cut down to 53 in a few weeks, if Procise is not healthy and ready to go then yes, he should be an automatic cut IMO. It's really a shame and I genuinely feel bad for the guy, but you have to be available to play at some point or you cannot be taking up a spot on the 53 man roster.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote: but gets injured stepping off the bus, and that's not much of an exaggeration at all.

Yeah-I'm gonna go ahead and say you are, in fact, exaggerating. In dramatic fashion.
    I get your frustration but, just no.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm
  • I think cutting him would send a good message.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:I think cutting him would send a good message.

That you'll get cut if you get injured?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I think cutting him would send a good message.

It's the fact they he's constantly injured, and never plays through the pain. When you hear about a guy like Demaryius Thomas who has been playing with a bum hip the last two years, it opens your eyes to who can handle the pain. Obviously CJ has no pain tolerance. It's beyond the point of "bad luck" with him now. He's a turd. Cut him and move on. He's a wasted draft pick.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm
  • I hear that there are players in the NFL that are truly afraid. I don't blame them, it's a brutal game. I think back to Shawn Alexander after we lost Hutch. He would just fall down right before getting hit.

Anyone think Prosise may have taken a big hit and just be afraid of the game now?

There has to be something to CJ that is beyond injuries it would seem. That being said, like was said earlier, some team picks him up on the cheap if we cut him then he outperforms. Story of our life.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I think cutting him would send a good message.

It's the fact they he's constantly injured, and never plays through the pain. When you hear about a guy like Demaryius Thomas who has been playing with a bum hip the last two years, it opens your eyes to who can handle the pain. Obviously CJ has no pain tolerance. It's beyond the point of "bad luck" with him now. He's a turd. Cut him and move on. He's a wasted draft pick.

Are you sure about this? Are you sure none of his injuries are legit and its a matter of "playing through pain"?

Dude broke his shoulder blade. I'm pretty sure playing with a broken shoulder blade would be a bad idea. But what do i know?

Unless you are in the room with the player and the medical staff, this kind of post is unsubstantiated slander.

Now I can get on board that Prosise has been prone to injury. That's abundantly clear. But I would never go so far as to question his toughness when I have no clue as to the actual severity of his injuries. For all we know the dude's been lobbying to play and its the medical staff that have been forcing him to sit.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote: but gets injured stepping off the bus, and that's not much of an exaggeration at all.

Yeah-I'm gonna go ahead and say you are, in fact, exaggerating. In dramatic fashion.

Dude injured himself warming up pregame in the past mang.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

Dude injured himself warming up pregame in the past mang.

Mr.Glass has returned to his normal routine..
    Nothing to see here..For real!
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:17 pm
  • I wonder if Prosise often thinks to himself, “OK, this has GOT be the last one. Once I get through THIS injury, I’m gonna be a BEAST!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 pm
  • At $660K there's only an upside to cutting him right now if you could bring in someone cheap and healthy who might make the roster in 3 weeks time. Better to let it play out and see what happens.
    flv
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 pm
  • flv wrote:At $660K there's only an upside to cutting him right now if you could bring in someone cheap and healthy who might make the roster in 3 weeks time. Better to let it play out and see what happens.

What?

They will have to cut at least 1 of these Runningbacks when the roster is trimmed to 53.

Carson
    Penny
    Davis
    McKissic
    Prosise

Who would you cut?

It's simple for most. Mr. Glass.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 am
  • Fade wrote:
    flv wrote:At $660K there's only an upside to cutting him right now if you could bring in someone cheap and healthy who might make the roster in 3 weeks time. Better to let it play out and see what happens.

What?

They will have to cut at least 1 of these Runningbacks when the roster is trimmed to 53.

Carson
    Penny
    Davis
    McKissic
    Prosise

Who would you cut?

It's simple for most. Mr. Glass.

If that's the situation in 3 weeks time then that's the decision you make in 3 weeks time. There's no reason to cut him, or any of the other 46 players who will be cut, at this point...unless there's a better choice of player to be signed.
    flv
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 am
  • Haven't you been paying attention ,the injured player has to be paid a couple of years brought back to health and then released to benefit another team.

Has anybody seen Paul Richardson lately ?
    calihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 am
  • You cut him right now to set a precedent for the rest of your kids, and to prevent him from ever taking a single practice rep away from someone who might do your team some good someday.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:48 am
  • Tical21 wrote:You cut him right now to set a precedent for the rest of your kids, and to prevent him from ever taking a single practice rep away from someone who might do your team some good someday.

Again out of context, the principle is a kid that is good at say age 10 but isn't interested and have parents worried about him getting CTE and injured etc versus a kid that may not be as good at age ten but has a interest and is willing to practice and work hard and will probably contine to play thru High School where the other kid will go another direction. First kid is only there because the dad want's him to learn to be tough or something or learn team work.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:37 pm
  • calihawk wrote:Haven't you been paying attention ,the injured player has to be paid a couple of years brought back to health and then released to benefit another team.

Has anybody seen Paul Richardson lately ?

Paul Richardson was not released.

He was not re-signed because someone else offered more money than Seattle was willing to pay. There is a massive difference.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:23 pm
  • When talking about our RB's First thing out of JS mouth is that Prosise is having a great camp. I still like his talent above Davis, McKissic. Still holding out hope
    metwelve
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm
  • metwelve wrote:When talking about our RB's First thing out of JS mouth is that Prosise is having a great camp. I still like his talent above Davis, McKissic. Still holding out hope

Prosise is the most talented back on the team. It doesn't make any difference though because he is made of glass.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 pm
  • Cut him. I'm tired of the idea that is Prosise.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:24 am
  • Trade him to the redskins.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:36 am
  • There is zero reason to cut him from the 90 man roster. He isn't taking a roster spot from anyone who would be anything more than a camp body.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:43 am
  • Except that a camp body would actually be out there playing and practicing.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 am
  • And the camp body could potentially play for us someday. If you're that much of a pussy, you shouldn't be allowed on this football team. It can be contagious. Ask Jarvis Landry
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:And the camp body could potentially play for us someday. If you're that much of a pussy, you shouldn't be allowed on this football team. It can be contagious. Ask Jarvis Landry

Pretty tough, calling Prosise a pussy from your couch, and not to his face. You are out of line on this, and this kind of bullsh** shouldn't be tolerated. But let me guess, you are tough, and could play running back in the NFL, right?

Even Bob has the same thought, zero reason to get rid of him now

Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) Tweeted:
    I get this an awful lot about Prosise. One more time, there is zero reason to cut a potentially impactful player and resource at this point since the roster does not have to be cut until after the final preseason game. https://t.co/tRjISXnkBm https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/10 ... 98560?s=17
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:56 pm
  • So many of the x players have stated that the team quit buying in to Pete’s “ Always compete” mantra. Do you believe keeping a player in n the roster who refuses to compete because he might finally compete later sends the correct message to the team? IMO you and Bob are dead wrong but only Pete and John’s opinion really count anyway.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 am
  • Really sucks because he clearly has a lot of talent. Some guys just are flat out injury prone, and he's clearly in that category. Of course, someone will claim that the front office is at fault, because they somehow are supposed to know a guy is going to get hurt :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:36 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Really sucks because he clearly has a lot of talent. Some guys just are flat out injury prone, and he's clearly in that category. Of course, someone will claim that the front office is at fault, because they somehow are supposed to know a guy is going to get hurt :roll:

7 different injuries in 28 months I've heard coming into work this morning. :shock:

Pathetic.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:52 am
  • Really sucks. When I heard it before kickoff on Thursday, I was just like........are you flippen kidding me right now?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information