Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What players are watching for tonight?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
What players are watching for tonight?
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:04 am
  • It has been a long time since we have seen our Seahawks on the field. This years team is going to have a lot of new faces and an major influx of youth.

Which players are you most excited to watch tonight?
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Wenhawk wrote:It has been a long time since we have seen our Seahawks on the field. This years team is going to have a lot of new faces and an major influx of youth.

Vannett
    Green
    Flowers
    Penny
    Shaquem
    Thompson
    Roos
    Dickson
    The kickers
    All receivers not named Baldwin and Lockett
    Last edited by Thepeelsessions on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Tedrick Thompson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

• Wenhawk wrote:It has been a long time since we have seen our Seahawks on the field. This years team is going to have a lot of new faces and an major influx of youth.

We've had so much turnover, that this year I just can't pick one or two guys that I want to keep an eye on. I will probably take 4 - 5 hours to actually watch the whole game tonight, just so I can replay a lot of the plays and try to watch different parts of the field to get a sense of a bunch of the new guys.

Offensively, I really want to focus mostly on the line and how they play. Defensively, It's the DB's and the defensive line I'm most interested in.

Lots of new blood and I'm excited to see them take the field tonight.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:It has been a long time since we have seen our Seahawks on the field. This years team is going to have a lot of new faces and an major influx of youth.

Vannett
    Green
    Flowers
    Penny
    Shaquem
    Thompson
    Roos
    Dickson
    The kickers
    All receivers not named Baldwin and Lockett

Martin
    Poona
    Reed
    Jones(Jamarco and naz)
    Soo many guys
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Battle and Jones
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:We've had so much turnover, that this year I just can't pick one or two guys that I want to keep an eye on. I will probably take 4 - 5 hours to actually watch the whole game tonight, just so I can replay a lot of the plays and try to watch different parts of the field to get a sense of a bunch of the new guys.

Offensively, I really want to focus mostly on the line and how they play. Defensively, It's the DB's and the defensive line I'm most interested in.

Agreed...A lot to dig into tonight...Going to be fun! I know it's only preseason but with all the turnover and new faces it's going to be exciting to get our very first glimpse of this "Rebooted" Seahawks team.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Not so much watching players, but I'm excited to see what Shotty's offense looks like, and more importantly if Russell looks any different than his normal "run for your life and huck the ball downfield" playbook.

Can he and the first team offense come out, look halfway productive and efficient running the ball and some play action? It's only pre-season, so I'm not going to be too worried about if the offense looks bad, but I do want to see "different."
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aros wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:We've had so much turnover, that this year I just can't pick one or two guys that I want to keep an eye on. I will probably take 4 - 5 hours to actually watch the whole game tonight, just so I can replay a lot of the plays and try to watch different parts of the field to get a sense of a bunch of the new guys.

Agreed...A lot to dig into tonight...Going to be fun! I know it's only preseason but with all the turnover and new faces it's going to be exciting to get our very first glimpse of this "Rebooted" Seahawks team.

Oddly enough, although I believe this will be a down season (I think we'll be competitive and maybe even pull off a playoff spot, but I don't see us going all the way), I'm more excited about this pre season than I have been in a number of years. The unknown elements about this years squad has me more excited about these pre season games than I've been for awhile now.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• This is the most excited I have been for preseason in a long time because I think there is a real chance for a lesser known guy or two to make the team. That hasn't been the case for a while. Also can't believe I am saying this but excited to watch the kicking game.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Brandon Marshall - saw him at camp and he looked huge beside the other receivers
    zelter
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'm confident our interior DL and DB will be fine, and RW had no OL last year and the passing attack was adequate. So:

1) The Pass Rush -- DE mostly
    and since they're not on the field at the same time...
    1) The Rushing Attack -- RBs and Guards.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• zelter wrote:Brandon Marshall - saw him at camp and he looked huge beside the other receivers

Is he even playing?

I'd guess if Marshall plays, it'll MAYBE be only one series to get some contact and run routes at full speed to see how his body reacts.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Special teams.

I feel that both the Kicking and Punting spots could see the most improvement this year of any position group here.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• On offense, Jones and Pocic.

On defense, I'd like to say Flowers and Martin, but I have a feeling I'll have a hard time taking my eyes off Shaquem.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• With so many ?'s and new faces all over the field, it's literally-every single player that wasn't a starter last year.
    So much to be intrigued by.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• I can't wait to see the new retooled running attack. Lord god, people, this could be devastating. I want to see our new te that was supposed to be the best run-blocking te in the draft. Was that Dissey? Boy it's gonna be a long haul from here to the misty fields of February.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Re: What players are watching for tonight?
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am
  • never have been so excited to see what the kickers bring to the table
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am
  • Griffin Brothers
    Barkevious Mingo
    Will Dissly
    Chris Carson
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
  • Tonight, I'm watching all the newbies. My DVR is set.

And, I've got fresh batteries in the remote control for slow motion forward and back.

Because, control suites me .........
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:35 am
  • -Penny in both returns & rushing/receiving/blocking - It's the 1-st opportunity for Penny to show why he was a 1-st round pick in the draft + Carson and the entire running game (even if vanilla offense) Hoping for ball control & field position improvements and a really productive running game to help RW out. (assuming OL can get to "league average").

-Both of the Griffin boys - (both should just be really fun to watch, can't wait for the 1-st official one handed interception.)
    -Tre Flowers (a possible Sherman replacement - eventually)
    -Rasheed Green (a possible Bennett replacement - eventually)
    -Jacob Martin (a possible sleeper as a strong pass rusher/LEO like Clemmons - eventually)
    -Will Dissley (a possible Miller clone, strong blocker & sneaky receiver - eventually)
    -Jamarco Jones (a draft day overlooked guy with + upside for the OL, hope he can excell @ ORT - eventually)
    -Poona Ford (looks a lot like a pit bull to me, I'm expecting him to really step up when given the chance.)

I'm excited to finally see some pads on hitting for a change. The Season is upon us starting today with these practice games, -- at last. I'm recording the game so I can look it over the following week & hope to get a better understanding of their new offensive schemes and at least an idea of how they look on defense, not to mention the new players and how they look and fit in. GO HAWKS.

:smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• The Colts D line, are they in the backfield or on their asses ? It will be a indication of our blocking changes working.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'm watching to see how Procise does. NOPE....LMAO Scratch another one! :roll: :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Battle and Jones

Its a good thing I only listed two players. Sheesh.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information