Rookie Tre Flowers likely to start Thursday night.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Injuries to Maxwell and Neiko means Tre will likely get the start. So here we go this is the beginning of a new era of Seahawk football. New players across the board will play vs Indy it's time to put the pads on and see what we got. It's just one preseason game so can't read to much into it but we can at least get some insight on where things stand.

toffee

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2rgci2hp said:
Injuries to Maxwell and Neiko means Tre will likely get the start. So here we go this is the beginning of a new era of Seahawk football. New players across the board will play vs Indy it's time to put the pads on and see what we got. It's just one preseason game so can't read to much into it but we can at least get some insight on where things stand.

THere were both positive and negative reports on Tre's training camp performances. Couldn't wait to see him in a real game.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
toffee":d9ahw8ee said:
Northwest Seahawk":d9ahw8ee said:

THere were both positive and negative reports on Tre's training camp performances. Couldn't wait to see him in a real game.
I'm with you. He's a very intriguing rookie this year. Tomorrow will be a good test for him. I really hope he does well.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Cool. Let's see what happens.

EDIT:

This even though I'd really like to see Thorpe start as well, given his pre-draft measurables.

Doesn't matter. Rookie comes in and gets a shot PS game 1...meh, what the hell. Let's see what happens.

toffee

Reaction score
My eyes will be on these three players tomorrow.

Tre Flowers, Tedric Thompson, and Jamarco Jones.

If these three can start and hold down their fort, my gosh, we will have a function OL and rebirth of LOB. We might just make playoff this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I can see it already, Flowers on a corner Blitz and Luck again out for the season. He is a Safety in a body learning to play corner ya know.

adeltaY

Reaction score
That'll be cool to see. They say Luck will play the entire first quarter - estimated 15-20 plays, so I'm sure Tre will be tested at least a few times.

Sidenote - does it seem like we have quite a few guys nicked up already? I get they're extra careful given it's preseason, but Rob mentioned this on his most recent SDB article and I was thinking along the same lines.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, really looking forward to seeing him tonight. Pre-season is the only time I have the program ready....so many players....

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
toffee":1srtu43u said:
My eyes will be on these three players tomorrow.

Tre Flowers, Tedric Thompson, and Jamarco Jones.

If these three can start and hold down their fort, my gosh, we will have a function OL and rebirth of LOB. We might just make playoff this year.

I heard for the second time now, once on the live stream, and once on one of the podcasts I follow, that Solari loves Jamarco Jones. They said he never lunges, and from what all I have read, he is quicker than he tests, due to technique. I am starting to get really excited about his potential. And as I stated in another thread, Pff had him as their third best tackle. Ifedi is on the thinnest ice possible, he may have already lost the starting spot.

So many story lines, I feel like a kid on Christmas. This is the most excited I have ever been for a preseason game.

Edit: Adding to this, my excitement comes solely from the new guys. Before, I would be stoked about a guy or two that were new, but really excited to see the established dudes play for the one or two series they were going to play. I would then be just interested in seeing the depth, but wouldn't view it as can't miss. This year, every second of the preseason is can't miss to me. Gotta love it. Happy football day to all!! Go Hawks!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":38yjyh3b said:
I can see it already, Flowers on a corner Blitz and Luck again out for the season. He is a Safety in a body learning to play corner ya know.

Lol, that would be funny, but Luck might plow Tre over too, that's a big, hard hitting qb.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Why would anyone think an injury in a preseason to ANYONE is funny?

Ick.

Also, what does this say about Thorpe? I thought he was our backup for Maxwell? Is he not working out? Injured?

?

Jville

Reaction score
Kegnaeygrf1sucajfnns

Just thought it would be useful to volunteer a link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-really-impressed-with-cornerback-tre-flowers-in-his-first-training-camp[/urltargetblank]

I can relate to the mirror story. I did the same thing with a full length mirror in my youth.

32006484_989646354536825_3332714885904596992_n.jpg
Yet as much as a fellow cornerback, a Super Bowl-winning head coach and a Pro-Bowl receiver are all contributing to Flowers’ early success, the person driving him most to succeed right now, could be seen running around Wednesday, barely coming up to her father’s knees. Like so many players with young children, Flowers is driven to succeed as much for the future of his 1-year-old daughter Bailee as he is for himself.

“She’s my biggest motivation, knowing that I’ve got to provide for her,” Flowers said. “I don’t want her to grow up like I did. I’m not saying I had it bad, but I want to spoil her as much as I can. She’s the biggest reason I’m doing this.”

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":hbqcvm7w said:

Ick.

Also, what does this say about Thorpe? I thought he was our backup for Maxwell? Is he not working out? Injured?

?

I meant trucking him would be funny, not injuring him for the season. My bad for not clarifying that better. I would never want anyone to get hurt.

But this is football, and would love to see Tre knock him on his ass.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A good trucking for sure. Shoot, I've seen video's of Luck basically telling guys "good hit" etc. He's a good guy, players seem to respect him a lot too.

Own The West

Reaction score
32006484_989646354536825_3332714885904596992_n.jpg

Good to see he gets along with Russell Wilson too. :lol:

Atradees

Reaction score
love that pic with Tre's kid. This feels like a different team with potential. I hope Tre can pick Luck. Tre and T2.........wouldnt that be something?

Smellyman

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1gdfg4bp said:

Ick.

?

First sentence from the OP indicated he was injured.

Latest posts