Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rookie Tre Flowers likely to start Thursday night.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Injuries to Maxwell and Neiko means Tre will likely get the start. So here we go this is the beginning of a new era of Seahawk football. New players across the board will play vs Indy it's time to put the pads on and see what we got. It's just one preseason game so can't read to much into it but we can at least get some insight on where things stand.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:Injuries to Maxwell and Neiko means Tre will likely get the start. So here we go this is the beginning of a new era of Seahawk football. New players across the board will play vs Indy it's time to put the pads on and see what we got. It's just one preseason game so can't read to much into it but we can at least get some insight on where things stand.

THere were both positive and negative reports on Tre's training camp performances. Couldn't wait to see him in a real game.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Injuries to Maxwell and Neiko means Tre will likely get the start. So here we go this is the beginning of a new era of Seahawk football. New players across the board will play vs Indy it's time to put the pads on and see what we got. It's just one preseason game so can't read to much into it but we can at least get some insight on where things stand.

THere were both positive and negative reports on Tre's training camp performances. Couldn't wait to see him in a real game.

I'm with you. He's a very intriguing rookie this year. Tomorrow will be a good test for him. I really hope he does well.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Cool. Let's see what happens.

EDIT:

This even though I'd really like to see Thorpe start as well, given his pre-draft measurables.

Doesn't matter. Rookie comes in and gets a shot PS game 1...meh, what the hell. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• My eyes will be on these three players tomorrow.

Tre Flowers, Tedric Thompson, and Jamarco Jones.

If these three can start and hold down their fort, my gosh, we will have a function OL and rebirth of LOB. We might just make playoff this year.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• I can see it already, Flowers on a corner Blitz and Luck again out for the season. He is a Safety in a body learning to play corner ya know.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• That'll be cool to see. They say Luck will play the entire first quarter - estimated 15-20 plays, so I'm sure Tre will be tested at least a few times.

Sidenote - does it seem like we have quite a few guys nicked up already? I get they're extra careful given it's preseason, but Rob mentioned this on his most recent SDB article and I was thinking along the same lines.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Looking forward to see what this kid can do.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• No doubt, really looking forward to seeing him tonight. Pre-season is the only time I have the program ready....so many players....
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:My eyes will be on these three players tomorrow.

Tre Flowers, Tedric Thompson, and Jamarco Jones.

If these three can start and hold down their fort, my gosh, we will have a function OL and rebirth of LOB. We might just make playoff this year.

I heard for the second time now, once on the live stream, and once on one of the podcasts I follow, that Solari loves Jamarco Jones. They said he never lunges, and from what all I have read, he is quicker than he tests, due to technique. I am starting to get really excited about his potential. And as I stated in another thread, Pff had him as their third best tackle. Ifedi is on the thinnest ice possible, he may have already lost the starting spot.

So many story lines, I feel like a kid on Christmas. This is the most excited I have ever been for a preseason game.

Edit: Adding to this, my excitement comes solely from the new guys. Before, I would be stoked about a guy or two that were new, but really excited to see the established dudes play for the one or two series they were going to play. I would then be just interested in seeing the depth, but wouldn't view it as can't miss. This year, every second of the preseason is can't miss to me. Gotta love it. Happy football day to all!! Go Hawks!
    Last edited by Jimjones0384 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:I can see it already, Flowers on a corner Blitz and Luck again out for the season. He is a Safety in a body learning to play corner ya know.

Lol, that would be funny, but Luck might plow Tre over too, that's a big, hard hitting qb.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Luck getting knocked out for the season wouldn't be funny at all.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Why would anyone think an injury in a preseason to ANYONE is funny?

Ick.

Also, what does this say about Thorpe? I thought he was our backup for Maxwell? Is he not working out? Injured?

?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Exactly. I don't care who the team is or the player, injuries are never funny. Ever
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Just thought it would be useful to volunteer a link >>> https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-really-impressed-with-cornerback-tre-flowers-in-his-first-training-camp

I can relate to the mirror story. I did the same thing with a full length mirror in my youth.

Yet as much as a fellow cornerback, a Super Bowl-winning head coach and a Pro-Bowl receiver are all contributing to Flowers’ early success, the person driving him most to succeed right now, could be seen running around Wednesday, barely coming up to her father’s knees. Like so many players with young children, Flowers is driven to succeed as much for the future of his 1-year-old daughter Bailee as he is for himself.

“She’s my biggest motivation, knowing that I’ve got to provide for her,” Flowers said. “I don’t want her to grow up like I did. I’m not saying I had it bad, but I want to spoil her as much as I can. She’s the biggest reason I’m doing this.”
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• TwistedHusky wrote:Why would anyone think an injury in a preseason to ANYONE is funny?

Ick.

Also, what does this say about Thorpe? I thought he was our backup for Maxwell? Is he not working out? Injured?

?

I meant trucking him would be funny, not injuring him for the season. My bad for not clarifying that better. I would never want anyone to get hurt.

But this is football, and would love to see Tre knock him on his ass.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• A good trucking for sure. Shoot, I've seen video's of Luck basically telling guys "good hit" etc. He's a good guy, players seem to respect him a lot too.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Good to see he gets along with Russell Wilson too. :lol:
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• love that pic with Tre's kid. This feels like a different team with potential. I hope Tre can pick Luck. Tre and T2.........wouldnt that be something?
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Why would anyone think an injury in a preseason to ANYONE is funny?

Ick.

?

First sentence from the OP indicated he was injured.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Thats right. I forgot his first name with Neiko.

Thank you for clarifying.

BTW That picture of Flowers with his daughter is awesome.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• It was 15 years ago that I watched my first game with my son. He was born late at night on Aug 8th. On Aug 9th we watched as we whooped up on the Chargers.

I was excited about MY youth that game, I am excited about OUR youth this game!
    Allweatherfan
    NET Practice Squad

• Atradees wrote:love that pic with Tre's kid. This feels like a different team with potential. I hope Tre can pick Luck. Tre and T2.........wouldnt that be something?

Killer T's?
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Own The West wrote:Image

That kid has OT written all over, strong glutes probably pamper enhanced, oversized hamstrings, calves to die for strong midsection, great hand placement, just luv that stand too.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    Atradees wrote:love that pic with Tre's kid. This feels like a different team with potential. I hope Tre can pick Luck. Tre and T2.........wouldnt that be something?

Killer T's?

They have to nick name worthy... and maybe the Killer Ts can be. Many people forget the Boom which caused turnovers hasnt been at 100% in some time.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Own The West wrote:Image

I chuckled.

Good one
    :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• He’s still learning how to be a CB, but it’s a great opportunity to get him a lot of live playing time at the position. I’m interested to see how he turns his hips, which seemed a bit stiff in college. On the other hand, his length, athleticism, instincts are all there to develop into something good.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• How did tre do last night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Had one interference for grabbing receivers arm which was very obvious with the view from the end zone camera and what a official would see. He will learn not to do that, rest of it he was pretty much on his guy and making tackles and plays. He will start reacting faster with more reps and will have another step to work with.

I would give him a solid B for his debut based on new position, rookie, and first start.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 25405.html

Apparently Pete liked Flowers' game.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• I remember shaq Griffin getting picked on last season in the first few games he played. He learned from it and ended up having a good season.
    sedrohawk
    NET Rookie

• Sending Tre Flowers good chi, if Tre could perform at Shaq Griffin '17 level, we are pretty good. LOB v2.0 is slowly taking form.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Image

That kid has OT written all over, strong glutes probably pamper enhanced, oversized hamstrings, calves to die for strong midsection, great hand placement, just luv that stand too.

You're drooling.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Image

You're drooling.

haha you're right, not an everyday event to discover a future LT.

toffee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information