Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFL.com Preseason Power Rankings - SEA #25

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• The man knows nothing about Seattle. The Baldwin injury is concerning though i'll give him that.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Seattle is probably the most feared #25 rated team in NFL history lol. 15-18 range is more realistic.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Elliot has been in the LSD laced stuff again. Eventually Earl has to Join the team or contract tolls. He doesnt recognize all the familiar Bennet, Sherm etc so we must be going to suck. Time to see what was sitting behind those all pros that didn't let them off the bench. I think we as fans are going to be pleasantly suprised. Our demise has been greatly overstated.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

• homerun1970 wrote:Elliot has been in the LSD laced stuff again. Eventually Earl has to Join the team or contract tolls. He doesnt recognize all the familiar Bennet, Sherm etc so we must be going to suck. Time to see what was sitting behind those all pros that didn't let them off the bench. I think we as fans are going to be pleasantly suprised. Our demise has been greatly overstated.

I think game one and game 2 will hurt.....but after that...the tornado cometh.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I'm not opposed to being ranked lowly if the reasoning is sound, but his explanation is awful. If I didn't know better, I would think it was written by a bitter rival fan who hates Seahawks fans and just wants to rile them up. Too much hyperbole, and I can't believe it came from a professional site.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Two things in the article stood out to me. Every Seahawks fan he spoke to had them rated about 25. Who the hell are these Seahawks fans he spoke to?! He also said that people say RW can win 3 games by himself but if this were true, why isn’t he mentioned with Brady, Rogers, and Brees? Ummm, I think he is. :roll:
    I put them in the 12-15 range with the potential to surprise and be higher. This writer obviously didn’t ask me what I think!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• I don't think some people are understanding who Russell Wilson is. He is one of the best 'gamers' in the nfl today. You can try to quantify it, but really you can't measure what he does on the field. Some guys just know how to get their team to victory against all odds.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Recon_Hawk wrote:I don't think some people are understanding who Russell Wilson is. He is one of the best 'gamers' in the nfl today. You can try to quantify it, but really you can't measure what he does on the field. Some guys just know how to get their team to victory against all odds.

Yep. The Seahawks were a bad team last year too. They were without Sherm, Cliff, and Kam for basically half the year. Sheldon Richardson was pretty much a bust. And Russell still led the team to what should have been 12 wins if it wasn’t for Blair ****ing Walsh (who isn’t on the team anymore. Addition by subtraction).

I’m not losing any sleep over Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson being gone. I think Brandon Marshall and Jaron Brown are more than capable to pick up their slack. The OL will easily be better and the running game should actually be improved. 9 wins is an easily obtainable goal.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Vegas says we are #18.

They tend to be more right about sports predictions than they are wrong.

So the guys putting actual money on these rankings are not putting us anywhere near #25.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Above the Cardinals! Barely...
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Which of you die hards did he speak too? I figured as much you were on that last bandwagon bus out of town last season.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Actually Vegas has Cardinals below the Browns.

So putting us below them is stupid.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Putting my NFL hat on, not my Seahawks hat...

I would put the Seahawks around 15-18. Anything below that is trolling or stupidity.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• OMG, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Power Rankings are meaningless, preseason power rankings are even more worthless. The only power ranking that means anything is the one after the last game when one team is holding the shiny silver trophy in the air. The rest is just a popularity contest.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• There's not a lot of room above 25 when you're getting all riled up about teams like the 49ers.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• Once again the Hawks are disrespected by the mediots. Once again I believe that they will have to write how wrong they were in all of their off season ranting about how much we are going to suck. Same ol' song with the same ol' ending. When will they learn?
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• The worst year we've had in half a decade went 9-7,a couple chip shot field goals from 11-5...yes we lost some pieces, but last I checked a mvp caliber qb and dpoty caliber MLB is typically enough to keep you in the mix...
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

• Bring on the doubters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

• The #25 was based upon no improvement on OL, depleted DL, back field, and receiving Corp., under those assumptions, #25 made sense.

The homer in toffee will rebut that Pete and John created the LOB v1 with no names, castoffs, and our Earl, an undersized FS. No reason Pete couldn’t create LOB v2?

John also approach the OL issue by getting blocking TE, improved RB Corp., the media haven’t wrap their mind around that yet. we also draft my boy Jamarco Jones, a true sleeper of the draft. I am betting on Jones starting the season as our RT.

One common trait of our new comers? everyone got chips on their shoulders, guess what? That’s Pete’s system at its best, underdog, chips on shoulders.

If our running game starts to work, and LOB v2 shows some life? We can be way better than #25.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• nrayorr wrote:Once again the Hawks are disrespected by the mediots. Once again I believe that they will have to write how wrong they were in all of their off season ranting about how much we are going to suck.

Last year at this time the same guy had the Seahawks rated #7 in the NFL and they didn’t even make the playoffs.

The year before that he had them rated #6 and they got toasted by the Falcons in the divisional round.

The year before that he had them rated #2 and they didn’t even win their division, and it took a blown chipshot for them to make it out of the wild card round before getting posterized by the Panthers.

I don’t think the Seahawks are going to finish at #25 this year, but if this guy has been wrong it has been that he’s been constantly overrating them.

This story about how mediots are constantly underrating the Seahawks is cooked up, and way overbaked.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:The #25 was based upon no improvement on OL, depleted DL, back field, and receiving Corp., under those assumptions, #25 made sense.

The homer in toffee will rebut that Pete and John created the LOB v1 with no names, castoffs, and our Earl, an undersized FS. No reason Pete couldn’t create LOB v2?

John also approach the OL issue by getting blocking TE, improved RB Corp., the media haven’t wrap their mind around that yet. we also draft my boy Jamarco Jones, a true sleeper of the draft. I am betting on Jones starting the season as our RT.

One common trait of our new comers? everyone got chips on their shoulders, guess what? That’s Pete’s system at its best, underdog, chips on shoulders.

If our running game starts to work, and LOB v2 shows some life? We can be way better than #25.

^This.

I agree with everyone of these points.

I also will mention that I think Mingo could really shine in our system which makes our LB core complete since Irvine left to the Raiders. In addition I think our DL will surprise to the upside this year will a healthy mix of quality vets and young guys that want to prove themselves.

Last Jones has been on my radar as well and see him as a RT as well for us. It doesn't make sense keeping him and Fant on the left and he has a lot more experience as a tackle. Besides, we are more than likely going to have a blocking TE on that side a lot, so he just needs to not make stupid penalty mistakes. That is something that I just don't think Ifedi will ever get right at this point. May as well see if Jones or Battle can do the job.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    nrayorr wrote:Once again the Hawks are disrespected by the mediots. Once again I believe that they will have to write how wrong they were in all of their off season ranting about how much we are going to suck.

Last year at this time the same guy had the Seahawks rated #7 in the NFL and they didn’t even make the playoffs.

The year before that he had them rated #6 and they got toasted by the Falcons in the divisional round.

The year before that he had them rated #2 and they didn’t even win their division, and it took a blown chipshot for them to make it out of the wild card round before getting posterized by the Panthers.

I don’t think the Seahawks are going to finish at #25 this year, but if this guy has been wrong it has been that he’s been constantly overrating them.

This story about how mediots are constantly underrating the Seahawks is cooked up, and way overbaked.

Cool find!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Let me check to see if I care about rankings..............nope, still don't. :irishdrinkers:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't see the team being any worse than 2010-2011, which puts them as a middle-of-the-pack team, not a bottom-dweller.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• As Popeye pointed out, they have been overrated for years.

This is really just the sign that some of the talking heads are done with overrating them. Which generally manifests as underrating them.

Pretty normal.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• I don't like our chances to get in to a BCS Bowl with that pre-season ranking.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:As Popeye pointed out, they have been overrated for years.

This is really just the sign that some of the talking heads are done with overrating them. Which generally manifests as underrating them.

Pretty normal.

Yeah. Agreed.

TBF tho, if you make it to back-to-back Super Bowls it’s only reasonable that you’re going to be overrated for a few years until you definitively prove otherwise. And totally agreed that pendulum can then back the other way too. I

Like most people I don’t really give a rat about team rankings (let alone preseason team rankings), but my skin in the game on this one is I’m pretty curmudgeonly about media bashing, particularly when it’s just objectively wrong. :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• How’s is there no improvement to the OL? Clearly the OL is improved from last year. Are you expecting them to go from the worst OL to a Tier 1 OL in one offseason?
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Really it boils down to one thing. One thing that Bevell never could get right.

Keep the defense off the field long enough to get a breather. You can only do that with a solid run game and solid play calling.

If the offense can regularly generate some first downs and give the defense a needed rest, especially in the early, humid/hot games, the Seahawks may actually put up a better record than last year.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Mick063 wrote:Really it boils down to one thing. One thing that Bevell never could get right.

Keep the defense off the field long enough to get a breather. You can only do that with a solid run game and solid play calling.

If the offense can generate some first downs and give the defense a needed rest, especially in the early, humid/hot games, the Seahawks may actually put up a better record than last year.

It's not discretely about resting the defense. It's about giving the opposing offense more opportunities while not capitalizing at all on your own, even for better field position. As much as giving the defense a spell matters, so does the morale hit of seemingly putting more and more and more on the defense to not just play good, but great, almost every single drive where that's a taller task than merely getting a first down.

Yes, giving up 3rd and longs is terrible and it happened routinely but the margin for error on the offense was seemingly a mile wide while the margin of error for the defense was non existent.

Which is fine, I guess, if you have the horses that can run in those conditions.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information