Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Trade Lockett ??

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Trade Lockett ??
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:52 am
  • As a receiver I think Seattle could move on but should/could they keep on 53 just as a return man?
    canucklehead
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Trade Lockett ??
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am
  • What do you think would be a reasonable trade offer for him?
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:57 am
  • I think that you're wrong.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 am
  • Hmmmmm......think happy thoughts....

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am
  • Trade Lockett?? Nope.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 am
  • Lets just start here.. Trade for what? He is an UFA next year and free to get the best deal. You are not getting anything for him right now and the entire thought is pretty ridiculous.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am
  • I think I'd rather sign him long term.

But that's just me.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 am
  • Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

In that case, we should trade Carson, Jordan, Clark and Doug too.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am
  • Trade one of the better players from a unit with more questions than answers? No thanks!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:54 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

Think about how many late round draft picks we could get though :stirthepot:
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 am
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

Think about how many late round draft picks we could get though :stirthepot:

Good call, maybe we could break our record of most 7th round picks in one draft that we set this year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 am
  • With the question marks surrounding Baldwin’s injury, no way we’re trading our #2 WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 am
  • What? Why?

He has looked great in training camp. Seems to have the injury fully behind him. I am expecting good things.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:What? Why?

He has looked great in training camp. Seems to have the injury fully behind him. I am expecting good things.

Exactly! He just started coming on late last year and has had a good camp. His value is low and ceiling high and at a thin position (thin on proven talent high on potential). You don't even consider letting guys like that go for next to nothing!! :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 am
  • Arent we still working on trading a player with bigger trade value and who has less optimism in this team?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:55 am
  • Honey bunches of nope
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

Well, hasn't everyone been bitching all year that anyone who signs a second contract gets immediately injury-prone and lazy and that no rookies should be re-signed at all in order to keep everyone young, cheap, and hungry?

Under that logic, hell yeah, trade Lockett! 6th round picks all day, Pete can coach up them DB's! And while I have you all here, why is Bobby Wagner still on this team? Shouldn't we trade him before he gets hurt?
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

Well, hasn't everyone been bitching all year that anyone who signs a second contract gets immediately injury-prone and lazy and that no rookies should be re-signed at all in order to keep everyone young, cheap, and hungry?

Under that logic, hell yeah, trade Lockett! 6th round picks all day, Pete can coach up them DB's! And while I have you all here, why is Bobby Wagner still on this team? Shouldn't we trade him before he gets hurt?

I say trade the entire team and stockpile 53 draft picks next year.

I mean, we'll have to forfeit every game with no players this year....................but in 2019? WE'LL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:34 am
  • But why?
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 am
  • canucklehead wrote:As a receiver I think Seattle could move on but should/could they keep on 53 just as a return man?

We can’t even get a 2 right now for the best safety in football. Keeping Lockett brings more to the team than trading him for peanuts.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:40 am
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:25 pm
  • Trade no he has very little value. Resign maybe not we'll see how he does this year but he's another WR like PR that really hasn't done much but as a returner he's really good . I'm not sure you resign him just as a returner. This is a make or break year for him Seattle just can't afford to keep players that aren't producing anymore . Were in a quasi rebuilding situation and he's keeping other possibly more talented WR's from getting meaningful playing time. Then there's the salary cap and Wilson's deal that will cost a king's ransom if he keeps playing like he has and I see no reason he won't.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:41 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Brilliant!!!

I feel you Montana, but I'll say that it's the third contract people are worried about, not the second. That being said, there are plenty of players on their third contracts who are monsters. Calais Campbell is a great example from last season - it would've been well worth it for the Cards to keep him. Not all old players are bad or fading.

The "young, hungry, cheap" thing has become a meme. There are tons of young, hungry, and cheap players in this league who never make it past the 90 to 53 cut. Are they good? That's what matters more than anything.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 pm
  • We were 2nd in the NFL on kick return yards and 4th on kick return average, all while Lockett was not 100%. Now he's 100% an the league has changed kickoff rules in a way that favours a strong return game. Why trade?
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:We were 2nd in the NFL on kick return yards and 4th on kick return average, all while Lockett was not 100%. Now he's 100% an the league has changed kickoff rules in a way that favours a strong return game. Why trade?

Because Russell Wilson's receiving yardage has been woefully low - he needs to pump up the stat. :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:06 pm
  • This is an excellent head start on the posts asking if we can trade the people we will be otherwise cutting in a couple of weeks.

The real question behind any trade is whether a player will have more value to other teams than they do to your team. It's hard to see why that may be the case with Lockett, who is currently both our punt returner and our #2 receiver. Keenan Reynolds has looked very good so far but they aren't necessarily competing for a single spot.

Northwest Seahawk wrote:he's keeping other possibly more talented WR's from getting meaningful playing time

It's true that we have seen more of Tyler Lockett than we have of most of our young receivers right now. It's a very common mistake for fans to bank on the unknown being better but most of the time they are worse and the known commodity is getting reps for a reason. There are a lot of moving parts to a football team and dumping contributors in the hope of finding gems in the rough is only a good strategy if you're trying to get the #1 pick next year.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm
  • Tough time to trade anybody. In a few weeks, the league will be flooded with players after the cut-downs. I don't see that Lockett is the kind of player that will get that "gotta have him" vibe from GM's around the league. Most teams won't be burning draft capital this time of year.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:45 pm
  • Pete needs to start talking glowingly about Ifedi is the answer, see a lot of injury reports concerning O line man coming up. 1st rounder that we let go for a 3rd and take the hit in the media and laugh all the way to the bank.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Pete needs to start talking glowingly about Ifedi is the answer, see a lot of injury reports concerning O line man coming up. 1st rounder that we let go for a 3rd and take the hit in the media and laugh all the way to the bank.

Makes more sense than moving Lockett. :mrgreen:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:Trade one of the better players from a unit with more questions than answers? No thanks!

1 WR sets are the new schotty hotness?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:43 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Brilliant!!!

Not everyone. And a lot having to do with position and specific people. Like among Sherman, ET, Kam, RW, ADB, Wagz who wasnt worthy and got injured within that window and when?

Like run me down a list of players that were testy 2nd contracts?

Who among our OL was worthy of a 2nd? ;)
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 pm
  • A very, very small chance he could be traded would come leading up to the deadline. The Seahawks would have to get off to a rocky start. Even then it would still be a small chance of it happening.

Not really going to happen so not worth dwelling on.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 am
  • “I could (not) care less how people felt. Some people thought I had a bad season last year. I thought I had a great season, the way that I felt. Not too many people would have been able to go out there and play all 16 games, like I did, or even do half the stuff that I did. So I take that credit upon myself. I could have easily sat out and taken the easy way out, but I don’t ever do that. Coming into this year, I’m stronger mentally. I’m stronger physically. There’s a lot of things that I can do. I can go back to how I play my game.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -and-more/
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Pete needs to start talking glowingly about Ifedi is the answer, see a lot of injury reports concerning O line man coming up. 1st rounder that we let go for a 3rd and take the hit in the media and laugh all the way to the bank.

Lmao......... That's funny, but I think the league knows what Ifedi is. I think a team would sign him as a free agent, but they wouldn't give a 2025 7th round pick for the guy. But then, there is always the Colts.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am
  • Tyler Lockett Feels "Stronger Mentally" And "Stronger Physically" Heading Into 2018 Season >>>

“Just look to continue to further my game," he said. "Obviously going into each year, there’s things that you want to be able to work on, things that you want to get better at. My four years when I was at Kansas State, my fourth year is when I put everything together. Whenever I was a great receiver as well as a great returner, and so that’s the thing that I want to be able to do is I want to be able to put everything together. I don’t want to just be a great returner and an average receiver. I want to be able to be a great receiver and a great returner as well and I think this is the year where it happens.” -- Tyler Lockett https://www.seahawks.com/news/wednesday-round-up-tyler-lockett-feels-stronger-mentally-and-stronger-physically
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 pm
  • Lockett will have a big opportunity to raise his game this season. He has millions of reasons to be motivated. This is the absolute worst possible time to trade him away. They could expect to receive similar to the 7th rounder that Cleveland just got for Corey Coleman, who’s done less than Lockett but was a 1st round pick a couple of years ago.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Brilliant!!!

Not everyone. And a lot having to do with position and specific people. Like among Sherman, ET, Kam, RW, ADB, Wagz who wasnt worthy and got injured within that window and when?

Like run me down a list of players that were testy 2nd contracts?

Who among our OL was worthy of a 2nd? ;)

I've seen a lot of people wringing their hands over the loss of Unger and Okung.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:12 pm
  • If we kept both guys we'd have been in a much better spot. That's somewhat hindsight bias because at the time both had real injury concerns. It's "bad luck" for the FO that Okung has made 31/32 starts and Unger has made 47/48 since. Good for the players, though.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:41 pm
  • I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

The best we can get is probably a 4th round or a 5th round pick . ( Patriots, GB, Dallas,Jax)
    Oakland gave a 3rd round pick for Martavis Bryant.

I don't see the Seahawks extending Lockett. PR got paid 8mill a year, Lockett is gonna be paid about the same or even more than that.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:58 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

The best we can get is probably a 4th round or a 5th round pick . ( Patriots, GB, Dallas,Jax)

I don't see the Seahawks extending Lockett. PR got paid 8mill a year, Lockett is gonna be paid about the same or even more than that.

We have to field a receiving Corp man. Baldwin is getting up there in age and if we don't have Lockett, assuming he proves worthy of a sizeable contract, we are in trouble. Imagine Baldwin gets hurt next year and we have no Lockett. It would be scary. Even if one of our picks this year or next year panned out to be a good WR, we'd be relying on a rookie or second year player to be a #1 WR.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:05 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

We have to field a receiving Corp man. Baldwin is getting up there in age and if we don't have Lockett, assuming he proves worthy of a sizeable contract, we are in trouble. Imagine Baldwin gets hurt next year and we have no Lockett. It would be scary. Even if one of our picks this year or next year panned out to be a good WR, we'd be relying on a rookie or second year player to be a #1 WR.

And remember that ADB didn't hit his stride until his 5th season. Patience is sometimes rewarded.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm
  • Honestly, there has to be 1 position where the Seahawks have to spend as little as money as possible, and I believe that's the WR Position.

This Year
    1. Baldwin
    2. Lockett
    3. Brown
    4. Marshall
    5. Darboh.
    6. McEvoy

Next Year.
    1. Baldwin
    2. Brown
    3. Darboh
    4. McEvoy
    5. Johnson
    6. Draft Pick

This team would still be good without Baldwin or Lockett.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:Honestly, there has to be 1 position where the Seahawks have to spend as little as money as possible, and I believe that's the WR Position.

This Year
    1. Baldwin
    2. Lockett
    3. Brown
    4. Marshall
    5. Darboh.
    6. McEvoy

Next Year.
    1. Baldwin
    2. Brown
    3. Darboh
    4. McEvoy
    5. Johnson
    6. Draft Pick

This team would still be good without Baldwin or Lockett.

Or a running back. Or an offensive line. Or perhaps even an interior DL that causes some measure of havoc on passing downs.

I mean, sure, you can't pay everyone but my goodness, the Hawks already didn't pay entire position groups bar one player in Baldwin and can you really tell us that the 2017 iteration was good.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:42 pm
  • Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:18 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time

Uh the Hawks are a run first team. Look at the Patriots they have Edleman and everyone is trash.

" We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball?"

Lol.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:31 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time

Uh the Hawks are a run first team. Look at the Patriots they have Edleman and everyone is trash.

Lol.

If they're a run first team, why were they so laughably bad at it in 2017 with little recourse? Whatever the Hawks believe themselves to be didn't seem to align with what they did.

One could look at the situation and accentuate the positive and get a little creative but if you call yourself a run first team and you're in the lower half of rushing DVOA and your leading rusher is your QB, then you're either lying to yourself to maintain some figment of identity or you really screwed up badly at some point.

For Pete's sake, the Hawks weren't even in the top half of rushing attempts. Some of that is dictated by circumstance of the gamestate but some of that's also being borderline incompetent at it and having to delve into other options.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 am
  • poly1274 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time

Lol.

I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling.

You left out the most important word in the sentence I actually wrote - consistently. Baldwin and maybe Lockett are the only guys on the roster who have got open and caught the ball consistently and you're okay with not having either on the field?

The last time the Hawks were a good run first team was 2014 when we had prime Lynch, a good run blocking line, and Wilson ran for 800+ of those yards with six TDs. That isn't happening again. mrt144 explained clearly how we haven't been able to run worth a damn in the past two seasons. Moving up to the 15th best running game would be a massive improvement. Even a top-10 running game with a garbage passing attack won't get us anywhere, no matter how much John Fox would approve.

You bring up the Patriots and leave out arguably the most dominant offensive player who isn't a QB in Gronkowski. Not to mention they have a very good OL and Tom freakin' Brady. McDaniels calling plays is just the cherry on top. Even Chris Hogan is better than our guys below Baldwin and Lockett.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:21 am
  • One of the few hungry, humble, talented dudes out there. He was obviously slowed down from the injury but if he performs like the potential he has shown, make him a Hawk for life. I’ve met him in person and he just seems like a great all around guy.
    Seahawks4eva
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information