Trust The Process.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That was a sign I saw at TC today via the live feed on .com. I like it a lot.

As fans, no, as diehards, it's in our blood to want our team to be great NOW. The past five years have spoiled us. Achieving the highest pinnacle in the game, widely considered ELITE for most of that time. Seeing the Seahawks listed #1 in most major Power Rankings for so long almost became mundane.

Now here we are in a whole new world filled with new faces. Outside of a handful of stars, this team is basically unknown to us all. I attended my brother-in-law's wedding yesterday and I was asked by several people;

"So what do you think about the Seahawks this year?"

I was nothing but pure honesty.

"I have no clue."

Because that is the truth. None of us do. I have ideas...I have inclinations...Feelings...But none of those things add up to squat until we can see the product on the field, week in and week out.

What I can say with any semblance of certainty however is that I DO trust the process. I have NO doubt (honestly, none) that Pete Carroll and John Schneider are capable of rebooting this team and find success again.

The hard part is the waiting game. The blood, sweat and tears in TC where new heroes can be found. Somewhere out there in the not-too-distant future, I promise you there will be jerseys for sale with new names on the back that will mark the beginnings of a new era filled with promise. Some of tomorrow's rock stars are sweating on the practice field of VMAC today.

I imagine there will be heartache ahead. Games lost that we will insist marks the beginning of the end. But I ask you, I plead with you to trust the process.

We WILL be back to the mountain top. Our Lombardi will have a mate within 10 years.

Book it.

Seymour

Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind they "can" build another champion. It's more about the likelihood they actually do. I cannot say I 100% trust the process anymore unfortunately. Cable and Bevel were part of the process far too long, and ate up at least 1 SB win IMO. Pete hangs on too long and is too slow to react, so although I know he can, he'll need to she me this time that he actually will.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Won't lie, I've lost quite a bit of trust goodwill for Pete and John the past two years with the combo of consecutive below average drafts and poor trades.

But this is the year they get to get my full confidence and trust back by showing us they still have an eye for defensive talent and to get the offensive run game back on track.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2y7b8i2e said:
...But this is the year they get to get my full confidence and trust back by showing us they still have an eye for defensive talent and to get the offensive run game back on track.

See? I can work with that.

Jville

Reaction score
Project people love change.

I revel in it. it's easy for me. I'm comfortable trusting processes built for change, adaptation and evolution. Admittedly, not everyone is immersed in project work. To those who are not, I can only suggest learning how to dance with change. Learn and adapt. Seize every opportunity to learn new steps and trust the process.

And with regards to John Schneider's roster project, I say churn that roster. :2thumbs: "I'M IN"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":37ief7v2 said:
Sgt. Largent":37ief7v2 said:
...But this is the year they get to get my full confidence and trust back by showing us they still have an eye for defensive talent and to get the offensive run game back on track.

See? I can work with that.

When you've been a Hawk fan since day one you learn a little perspective goes a long way.

Talk to any of us pre-Holmgren lifelong Hawk fans who lived through the Behring years, we would have cut off a body part to have a coach, GM and owner like Pete, John and Paul to entrust with a rebuild..............AFTER already winning a SB and being one of the best teams in the league for almost an entire decade.

But we also know that if Pete and John don't show Paul some progress in another rebuild this year, they're probably not getting another contract extension.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1le0o62p said:
10 years?! Lets go with 1-3 years :)

You've got a short memory. Six playoff appearances, four division championships, two conference championships, all divisional round or higher with two SB's and one Lombardi.

Outside of NE, what other team had this much success? 1-3 years? Jesus.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I misread, thought he meant we'll get another sb within 10 years, yeesh, easy...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Next level dumb comment. 1-3 years? MOST of the NFL would love to have the track record that that Hawks have the last several years. :roll:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Aros":250bz2cv said:
We WILL be back to the mountain top. Our Lombardi will have a mate within 10 years.

im saying we'll have one in 1-3 years

soxhawk

Reaction score
Damn guys, all he said was he'd rather have another lombardi within 1-3 years instead of within 10.

Given the team we had and the chances we wasted, it's a statement most would agree with.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2rig7ldt said:
I misread, thought he meant we'll get another sb within 10 years, yeesh, easy...

I'M ON EDGE MAN THIS IS AN IMPORTANT YEAR...............SERENITY NOW!!!

puZsw95.gif

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we will be OK. We really just have to be reasonable about what we think we should expect.

I don't think expecting a SB is very reasonable. Just get better.

Vegas does not even think we make the playoffs. (at least according to the #s I have seen).

They have the Falcons, Panthers, 49ers and Cowboys over us right now. Hell, they even gave the Raiders a better shot than us. But we were a team that missed the playoffs entirely last year.

We just need to be better. Not great, not amazing - and certainly not a viable threat as a SB contender.

That is a pretty easy bar for them to reach I think.

There will probably be some amazing games and some head-scratchers, but it should be worth it to attend games again and it should be worth it to watch again.

We just got spoiled. But as Ifedi is learning, nobody is going to give you anything. You have to earn it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's all in good fun :2thumbs:
Thru thick and thin. Luckily not much thin lately.
And this will come as a shock, but I'm in agreement with Twisted on this. They really just need to be better than last year. I expect them to be back in the playoffs in 2019. And w/out hesitation. As horrific as that O Line was and w/all those injuries, it didn't feel like a 9 win team for a lot of the season. And they were a few missed FG's by wide right Walsh from being an 11 win team last year. It feels like 9-7 this year would be more impressive, for various reasons. But last year, the team never felt consistent at all. They had that nice little run in the middle, but overall, it just was a strange feeling season from day 1.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I expect this team to stumble out of the gates a bit with the new players, new coaches, and new scheme. September could be a little rough. But if they show steady improvement throughout the year, I will be happy.

I want this Seahawks team to be the squad that NOBODY wants to play in December.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
EXACTLY. Cautious optimism, and that's ok. But with this many changes and this many new players......it may take some time to gel.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3kk6six6 said:
I want this Seahawks team to be the squad that NOBODY wants to play in December.

And you may get your wish old friend.

Latest posts