Here we go again, Ifedi

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I am glad Pete is actually benching him (finally). He has gotten a free pass since he was drafted, despite being objectively terrible in nearly every way.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Good. Better right now than week 3 or 4. Time to bench the knucklehead if he hasn’t figured it out by now, quit wasting everyone’s time we’ve got a division to win back.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Man if Ifedi busts i'm going to be really disappointed in Pete and John. John if some of these draft picks don't shine this year I think it's time the Allen's start thinking about a new GM.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1wxb039m said:
Man if Ifedi busts i'm going to be really disappointed in Pete and John. John if some of these draft picks don't shine this year I think it's time the Allen's start thinking about a new GM.

Based on O lineman that Cable wanted and recommended?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3n3vkmzs said:
Northwest Seahawk":3n3vkmzs said:

My statement was clear maybe read the whole thing again.

seabowl

Reaction score
If Cable were still here would Pete have been so forward with his statement? Just another reason why Cabevell had to go.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I see what you did.

Part 1 Upset if Ifedi washes out.

Part 2 2017/2018 draft selections better step up.

2017 Draft looks great.
-3 starters (Maybe 4 if ET is gone - Pocic, 'Quill Griffin, Carson and T Thompson).
-1 major contributor (Naz Jones)
-2 special teams contributors (David Moore and Delano Hill)
JS also signed Justin Coleman Dion Jordan and JD McKisstic.

2018 Draft looks great too.
6 players will contribute immediately.
Penny, Green, Dissly, 'Quem Griffin, Dickson and Martin.
Poona Ford made a statement today too.
And he signed Jaron Brown, Mingo, Stephen, and Tom Johnson.

I agree JS hit a dry spell in 2014-16 drafts, but he drafted PRich, Britt, Caisus Marsh, Frank Clark, Lockett, Jarran Reed, CJ Prosise, Vannnett and Joey Hunt in those years so it wasn't a complete disaster.

James in PA

Reaction score
Positive Pete’s ripping of Ifedi was the #1 thing that jumped out at me from today’s press conference. I’d feel so much better about a roster that DOESN’T include Ifefi. I’m so done with this guy. Dude just brings that negative vibe from last season that we’ve been trying to clear outta here. If you’re a malcontent, you’re gone. Bye Sherman, bye Bennett. And if you just suck, you’re gone too! Bye Walsh, Lacy, Cabevell and (hopefully) Ifedi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Level of uncertainty here, regretful that Ifedi isn't working out, we don't really have a RT in the waiting, The starting RT or a competent starting RT will have a major impact on our offense. This is not trivia.

We have Fant, whoes readiness is a big question mark, so is his competence.
We have Battle, I don't know enough to comment.
We have Fluker, statistically he is better at RT than RG, with Sweezy, this may be our vet solution?
We also have Jones, are we brave enough to start a rookie? How good is Jones at RT? I would like to see him with 1st team at some preseason games.

I eyes on starting RT and FS for preseason games.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Hand him a dust pan and broom and tell him to keep the locker rooms spotless and we will call you if we need you on the field.

Sometimes players just can't handle the NFL level of pressure that is required to succeed at this level and this appears to be the case here.

I hope he can fix whatever is wrong, NOW, but I for one won't hold my breath.

GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3cparoop said:
chris98251":3cparoop said:
Northwest Seahawk":3cparoop said:

John and Pete have multiple picks that have far exceeded expecations of where they were drafted, they have UDFA's more then any other team in the league contributing thru the Super Bowl run. YOU USED IFEDI not me to make your arguement, if thats your example then the faults on you. Based on our success with O line man it was looking like you were referencing our ineptitude with them, that's on Cable influencing John and Pete that those guys were great for his system.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I really wish Clark would just deck the guy again, except this time into the Sound.

IrishNW

Reaction score
kf3339":1hvft6or said:
Sports Hernia":1hvft6or said:
This probably is why Sweeney was brought back.

Makes sense to me.

Sweezy will mop the floor with ifedi if they compete for a starting job. He may not be the most talented player but Sweezy knows how to grind

sweezy not sweeney*

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2dbjj42g said:
Northwest Seahawk":2dbjj42g said:
chris98251":2dbjj42g said:
Northwest Seahawk":2dbjj42g said:

John and Pete have multiple picks that have far exceeded expecations of where they were drafted, they have UDFA's more then any other team in the league contributing thru the Super Bowl run. YOU USED IFEDI not me to make your arguement, if thats your example then the faults on you. Based on our success with O line man it was looking like you were referencing our ineptitude with them, that's on Cable influencing John and Pete that those guys were great for his system.

I said if Ifedi is a bust and some of these players they have drafted don't shine they may need to consider a replacement and that's in the context of all the poor drafting over the past few years.. That's not saying that if Ifedi and only Ifedi busts out then they should think about a change . So it's your fault that you can't grasp that statement. Bust after bust at the top of the rounds isn't sustainable. You want to argue John's done a great job drafting I disagree he's only done ok the last few years and if some of these draft picks emerge as real talent then that changes everything, if not then criticism is warranted. Let's turn down the burner . These things don't last if your not consistent. Were seeing a decline in talent at some point they have to find some players that can do more than start and play good at times. Pete and John have done exceptional in the draft from the context of building this team when they took over and winning a championship. But we don't live in the past at some point they have to find better talent if they want to even just get back to the playoffs, and you don't need to be so confrontational.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1vxyvdea said:
chris98251":1vxyvdea said:
Northwest Seahawk":1vxyvdea said:
chris98251":1vxyvdea said:

I said if Ifedi is a bust and some of these players they have drafted don't shine they may need to consider a replacement and that's in the context of all the poor drafting over the past few years.. That's not saying that if Ifedi and only Ifedi busts out then they should think about a change . So it's your fault that you can't grasp that statement. Bust after bust at the top of the rounds isn't sustainable. You want to argue John's done a great job drafting I disagree he's only done ok the last few years and if some of these draft picks emerge as real talent then that changes everything, if not then criticism is warranted. Let's turn down the burner . These things don't last if your not consistent. Were seeing a decline in talent at some point they have to find some players that can do more than start and play good at times. Pete and John have done exceptional in the draft from the context of building this team when they took over and winning a championship. But we don't live in the past at some point they have to find better talent if they want to even just get back to the playoffs, and you don't need to be so confrontational.

One way to look at their draft success is when the last time they drafted an all-pro caliber player was. (yes, I know Lockett has been All-pro as a returner). They haven't since 2012, but a big reason for that is that they were set at so many starter positions. Now, with most of those all-pros gone, we have a chance to see if their replacements are of a similar caliber. I think Frank Clark is most likely to be the newest Seahawk to earn that honor for us and he will certainly get a chance to prove that this year. I believe Shaquill can be that good in a couple seasons as well.