Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Britt Injured?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Britt Injured?
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:03 pm
  • Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Re: Britt Injured?
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm
  • Tweaked back during warmups.

Held out as a precautionary move.

EDITED .....
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:19 pm
  • If Hunt is really there only option if Britt gets hurt that's a huge problem. Wouldn't Posic move to center if something really did happen to Britt.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:23 am
  • I read in the paper this morning (hard copy, no link) that Posic did indeed come in and play some center during their 'game' yesterday.
    Vaclav44
    NET Rookie

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:55 am
  • Vaclav44 wrote:I read in the paper this morning (hard copy, no link) that Posic did indeed come in and play some center during their 'game' yesterday.

Yep, and Ohdiambo took his spot at LG. Plus, Ohdiambo recently got his citizenship approved, so good day for him. Happy for him.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Vaclav44 wrote:I read in the paper this morning (hard copy, no link) that Posic did indeed come in and play some center during their 'game' yesterday.

Yep, and Ohdiambo took his spot at LG. Plus, Ohdiambo recently got his citizenship approved, so good day for him. Happy for him.

How did Ohdiambo perform at the mock game? Heck, how did the OL do against our DL?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 am
  • In a mock game, I could see them getting Hunt in as the backup center just so they could keep Pocic getting reps at guard if they think he'll be starting there. Some center reps are good too as he presumably will be the backup center on game days but in a practice game I don't think it makes sense to shuffle up your line to deal with an injury. I always thought it was weird when Holmgren would move Pork Chop over to LT during Walt's holdouts. You knew Walt was coming back, let Pork Chop get the practice in at a position he could have potentially played.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:34 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Vaclav44 wrote:I read in the paper this morning (hard copy, no link) that Posic did indeed come in and play some center during their 'game' yesterday.

How did Ohdiambo perform at the mock game? Heck, how did the OL do against our DL?

Didn't hear anything about odi, but that might be an ok thing. Sounds like the rbs had a really good day, but mostly against second team d. Starting offense went 4 for 4 on td drives. Carson, Marshall, Reynolds and one other person caught tds, can't remember 4th person.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:

Didn't hear anything about odi, but that might be an ok thing. Sounds like the rbs had a really good day, but mostly against second team d. Starting offense went 4 for 4 on td drives. Carson, Marshall, Reynolds and one other person caught tds, can't remember 4th person.
    as an OL, no news is indeed good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:09 pm
  • his (Britt) absence pushed incumbent backup Joey Hunt onto the field early and required undrafted free agent Skyler Phillips from Idaho State to slide from his normal guard spot to center. Hunt had a couple of high shotgun snaps, an issue that Phillips, one of my favorite sleepers this year, did not appear to have. Hunt, bigger and stronger than a year ago, is clearly the favorite to retain his roster spot but by proving some positional versatility, Phillips (perhaps unexpectedly) helped his cause Saturday. ---- Rob Rang

So they have Justin Britt, Joey Hunt, Ethan Pocic and Skyler Phillips as centers. Nice depth.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information