3 WR locks to make the 53 .

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Barring some catastrophe Baldwin Lockett and Jaron Brown will be on the 53 and see playing time. Feel free to disagree if you want but barring injury they will be on the team and playing game 1.

Tical21

Reaction score
I love the upside of Brown, but that Baldwin guy might be in trouble. I heard Keenan Reynolds has been fantastic.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If they’re all healthy, absolutely.

After those three, it’s tough because there are so many guys who are balling out right now.

Marcus Johnson is surprisingly approaching near lock status because of his combination of WR work with the first team & as the special teams gunner.

Brandon Marshall appears to have a very good chance to make it if he continues to make progress in his return from injury. He just brings too much savvy as a veteran and leader.

Then I would say Keenan Reynolds, who looks like an all-round talent who just needed some time to master the WR position.

Moore would be right there as well, but he has a hip issue. Is that enough to release him with an injury designation at the cutdown?

Darboh is a favorite WR of Russell Wilson coming into camp. He brings some physicality and blocking to the split end position.

Stringfellow has enormous potential. I compared him before to Alshon Jeffrey. I hope he makes it to the p-squad to develop further.

Who am I missing?

Edit - Grayson has been surprising people too, has special teams upside, and is probably the fastest player on the roster.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":njqzu7u0 said:
If they’re all healthy, absolutely.

After those three, it’s tough because there are so many guys who are balling out right now.

Marcus Johnson is surprisingly approaching near lock status because of his combination of WR work with the first team & as the special teams gunner.

Brandon Marshall appears to have a very good chance to make it if he continues to make progress in his return from injury. He just brings too much savvy as a veteran and leader.

Then I would say Keenan Reynolds, who looks like an all-round talent who just needed some time to master the WR position.

Moore would be right there as well, but he has a hip issue. Is that enough to release him with an injury designation at the cutdown?

Darboh is a favorite WR of Russell Wilson coming into camp. He brings some physicality and blocking to the split end position.

Stringfellow has enormous potential. I compared him before to Alshon Jeffrey. I hope he makes it to the p-squad to develop further.

Who am I missing?

I agree with all of the above . Darboh's made some tough catches this training camp if he can do it in the preseason that would go a long way to helping his cause and he's healthy. Marcus Johnson is a guy I think has a good chance to make the team. As for the rest well there keeping at least 5 and probably 6 to start the year if they can.

GLio14

Reaction score
Marshall may not be a "lock" to the outside, but I think internally, he's pretty much in, unless he craps the bed in the preseason. So that would leave us with two more slots, which will be tough. You have Johnson, Reynolds, Moore, Darboh, Stringfellow, and Grayson.

From what I can tell, Marcus Johnson is winning people over, just based off of comments I've seen from reporters. That last spot will be tough to figure out. We don't even need 6 receivers, but with the loaded competition the Hawks have, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep 6. I have a feeling that Darboh is on the outside looking in. I really think the team values Moore over Darboh.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Outside of Baldwin Lockett Brown it's way to early to predict how there leaning. Moore apparently has an injury I have no idea what's involved but any injury is bad when your fighting for a roster spot.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2ff0mt44 said:
I love the upside of Brown, but that Baldwin guy might be in trouble. I heard Keenan Reynolds has been fantastic.

You forgot your :sarcasm_on: button.

Maybe, if he’s kept, Reynolds makes the PS. The battles are going to be for 3, 4, and 5. A 6th might be kept if the player in question is raw but is showing exceptional development. I suspect Darboh is in trouble and lagging behind better WRs, he’s just not special. I predict the team keeps Marshall.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3i79rsjj said:
Tical21":3i79rsjj said:

You forgot your :sarcasm_on: button.

Maybe, if he’s kept, Reynolds makes the PS. The battles are going to be for 3, 4, and 5. A 6th might be kept if the player in question is raw but is showing exceptional development. I suspect Darboh is in trouble and lagging behind better WRs, he’s just not special. I predict the team keeps Marshall.

Everyone's ready to dump Darboh i'd like to see him play this preseason before I go there.

getnasty

Reaction score
I say they keep 6 and those guys are Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, Marshall, Darboh and Johnson. The rest of them will battle it out for practice squad.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":3vdvouk2 said:
I say they keep 6 and those guys are Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, Marshall, Darboh and Johnson. The rest of them will battle it out for practice squad.

And we'll see how many clear waivers. I have my doubts that some will get through to our Practice Squad.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If they keep a 6th WR, there is probably a special teams tie in it. Reynolds has been a standout for the Special Teams Coach.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":y7uxl09u said:
getnasty":y7uxl09u said:

And we'll see how many clear waivers. I have my doubts that some will get through to our Practice Squad.

If it plays out that way it's the best WR group Seattle's had since the Superbowl years.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The nagatives on Marcus Johnson are can he create separation in his routes? And will he miss tackles as a gunner? That’s going to take time to sort out.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I have Baldwin, Lockett, Brown and Johnson as locks. Either Darboh or Marshall makes the roster. Not both. Maybe not either.

Injuries will likely sort this out.

I do think they'll try and get Stringfellow and Reynolds to the PS. They may get them there, but it'll be a nightmare keeping them there. When injuries hit, other teams will come calling.

Jville

Reaction score
getnasty":17a0wm0x said:

The case for carrying 5 receivers is that they have already identified J.D. McKissic and C.J. Prosise as competent receivers they can trust and carry in lieu of a 6th receiver. They also have the depth of a number of practice squad eligible wide outs for retention and development. Who develops the better symbiotic relationship with Russell Wilson will also be a deciding factor.

They're still in the early stages of evaluation so trade offs will be interesting as they unfold.

MrThortan

Reaction score
14 WRs on the roster right now. Lots of competition. I was really concerned about the position before the draft. Feeling much better about it now. I think Baldwin Lockett and Brown are safe bets. Preseason games should be a lot of fun.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Marshall's biggest risk is that (I assume) he doesn't play special teams. That's fine for the starting receivers but if you're looking to catch on as the 4th or 5th receiver, you gotta do ST.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im going to say: Marshall, Lockett, Baldwin, and Brown....yes 4.

Im thinking Keenan Reynolds makes it along with Darboh (they will used draft capitol spent as the tie breaker).

ETA: When you look at it we are actually deeper than last year.

Jville

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2srqwbv9 said:
Is Stringfellow PS eligible?

Absolutely. Damore'ea Stringfellow is eligible for the practice squad. I count 9 wide receivers on the Seahawk roster with practice squad eligibility.

Who is eligible for a spot on the practice squad?

Each team can keep 10 players on its practice squad.
Up to four of those 10 players can have two accrued NFL seasons. So, was a player on the 53-man roster for at least six games of two NFL seasons? Sorry, (beyond the 4 exceptions) they’re out of luck.
It used to be that three weeks of an NFL season spent on a practice squad counted as one full season of practice squad eligibility. Now, that number has been increased to six weeks, which expands some players’ eligibility.
A player can spend no more than three seasons on any practice squad.

Link to practice team eligibility explanation >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer[/urltargetblank]