Brandon Marshall doesn't fit the description.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I watched his press conference and can't help but think that this is not the same guy we had sometimes heard can be a distraction on other teams. His press conference was intelligent, genuine, articulate, and generally just a damn good listen.

Maybe the injuries and contract situation gives him a certain appreciation, sure, but he seems a vet that you really want in your locker room. The Seahawks benefit greatly if he can make it back.

toffee

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing watching his presser and interviews.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well it's his last stop in his career...don't think he would do himself any favors by being an idiot. Hopefully hes got something left

chris98251

Reaction score
He has got a lot of help for his disorder and learned to manage it and his life. He is not the same guy before his treatment program.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall had some mental health issues.

He got treatment for it. If you can remember back when the NFL was trying to shove pink ribbons down our throats in at attempt to market to women by pushing questionable charity activity - he was pushing to wear green ribbons to bring the issue of mental health and the mentally ill to the table.

The NFL stomped on him for that and a lot of the press about him being a 'bad guy' came out around then. I doubt it was a coincidence. The NFL takes a very mercantile and venal approach with its charities and they did not want people pushing other agendas when their real objective was selling pink jerseys, not bringing awareness to breast cancer.

He has always been a thoughtful and articulate player, some of his time in Chicago was stormy but the stuff in NJ was just because that team was falling apart. Even the tail end of his Chicago time he was outspoken but on issues, player health, rights, etc. He wasn't really a bad seed at all in the end there.

There was nothing to be concerned about in him being a bad influence on this team. He is stellar and a tremendous talent in the RZ.

I was ecstatic they got him.

Jville

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall's 8/2/18 press conference transcript with embedded audio link to today's recorded press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/marshall-brandon-08-02-18/[/urltargetblank]

(On his chemistry with Russell Wilson) “Yeah, there’s some things that we got to clean up and there’s some things that we got to see. There’s some mistakes that we’ve got to make and correct, but the good thing about Russ is he loves ball and he loves talking ball. He loves watching film. We spend a lot of time in the classroom talking about different looks, talking about third down, talking about red zone. So today, we were out there. There were some things that we talked about – the first fade that we had, we missed because I did a release that he wasn’t used to. Walking back in between plays, we were able just to correct it that fast and then the second one you saw was a touchdown. So when you have guys that have played a lot of ball, seen a lot of ball, and have high football IQ, it’s easier to get on the same page than guys that really haven’t had that experience so I think that we’ll be alright.”

OpHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1jc8i1z7 said:
He has got a lot of help for his disorder and learned to manage it and his life. He is not the same guy before his treatment program.

Yes, I remember some years ago watching a segment on him and his mental health issues. I believe it was around his time in Miami. He seemed to have had a reckoning of sorts. Total life makeover. I'm not worried about him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He’s crazy articulate. I have a lot of skepticism about what he has left in comparison to some of these young, hungry, athletic WRs we have fighting for a roster spot. But he put all my skepticism to bed in that press conference and made me feel very excited for what he could contribute as a leader on this team. After football, he can make a million a year as a commentator or he could make a great WR Coach.

James in PA

Reaction score
Rooting for this dude to make the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Brandon has been inspirational in recent years dealing with his mental health issues, and he's done so magnificently. I am crossing my fingers his career goes out on a high note wearing Seahawks blue and green. Pulling for the guy!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Marshall will take JG's place in the red zone.
Happy to have him here.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":bta0d0dc said:
Happy to have him here.

That would be great to see. He could definitely become a physical short yardage receiver for us.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":3mu6boq7 said:

So much this. Mental health issues can’t be understated and people need to understand why he had some of the issues he had

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1eugh173 said:
Happy to have him here.

I’m glad. I’m more excited to run the ball in but have a TE in the other 80 yrds of the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adeltaY

Reaction score
This is why I don't entertain locker room cancer stories unless someone speaks on record with specific facts about a player's actions. I always though Brandon was awesome and am glad to have him here.

FinNasty

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3sp2o3ca said:
I watched his press conference and can't help but think that this is not the same guy we had sometimes heard can be a distraction on other teams. His press conference was intelligent, genuine, articulate, and generally just a damn good listen.

Maybe the injuries and contract situation gives him a certain appreciation, sure, but he seems a vet that you really want in your locker room. The Seahawks benefit greatly if he can make it back.

He's always been that way. He'll get emotional on the field b/c he plays with passion... but he gets a bad rap.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
vin.couve12":wh474sos said:

I have been a huge fan, and follower of B Marsh for a lot of years now. He is one of the only people I know of that deserves the second chance he got, and he has made the best of it. I can say this, most of the people he has clashed with, are people that are considered locker room distractions themselves. The latest was with Sheldon Richardson. I know he was ok here, but there was a reason the Jets moved him. Not saying Marshall is perfect, but he is a good guy. He pulled some bad stuff, including a DV incident. That behavior isn't excused, but he got a diagnosis, got help, and is trying to atone for his actions. He has turned his life around, and I hope he is inspiration for some in similar situations.

I hope he makes the team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
His history is everything works great for 2 years...then he blows it up. He's a good dude and Im hoping it works. Always been one of my favorite players. We probably only would need him for one or two years anyways....then he will retire.

Watch that if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkqLq1Akmf0

bigskydoc

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3eel0lyw said:
Happy to have him here.

And he won't disappear between the 20's like Graham did.