Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW OWNERSHIP

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW OWNERSHIP
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:48 pm
  • .NET Family,
    I'm extremely pleased to announce that .NET has been sold to a couple of great guys, one of which is a .NET'er since 1998 and throughout the many phases of the site. Jamie (Wenhawk) understands what makes this forum the special place it is, and wants to keep that feeling of community moving forward. I'm extremely excited for he and his business partner Tony (Touchdown) to take the reigns and inject some new ideas and blood into this place we love.

As for Neal & I, I wanted to personally thank you all for an incredible ride over the last 12 years I've owned the site. We've went from around 35K unique visitors per month in 2007 to well over 1/2 a million per month regularly. This is due to all of you, making the site interesting and creating excellent conversations & opinions.

Most of all, I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the following:
    1 - All of you who have donated your time or money to help keep the forum up and running for so long. The dozens of moderators, admins, and chat mods who donate their time never get the recognition they deserve, and those of you that donate your money to help cover the costs of our not-for-profit business have made a huge difference in keeping this small business afloat. I sincerely can not thank you enough.

2 - Les (Radish) who will always be remembered for making this forum into more than just a place to talk sports. He made it into a family and community. He'll always be the heart and soul of this place, and he's missed every day.

3 - Neal (Anguish) who stepped up and helped me architect this site into the powerhouse it is now, asking for nothing in return, because of his love for the Hawks and .NET. You probably haven't even noticed just how stable and fast this forum is for the past several years, but for those that remember the days after the Scout.com break, that wasn't always the case. He is the primary reason this site is a success over the past 6 years, and I can not thank my co-owner enough for everything he's done.

So to all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for always putting up with my decisions, even when you may not have agreed with them (PWR forum anyone?). We have long-timers come and go, but there are always new fans finding the site and keeping the conversations rolling. I'm also thankful for all of the "real life" friendships I've made through this site, and for any one of you that might be interested, I'm always up for coming to an away game watching party and buying everyone a beer. Just say the word and I'm there.

Neal & I will still be around, of course, and providing whatever help Wenhawk & Touchdown need. Please help me by congratulating them in this endeavor, and again, I thank you for making the last 12 years some of the best I've ever had.

If you're interested in keeping up aside from here, I'm fairly active on Twitter using @Rockhawk so feel free to follow and I'll give you a follow back.

Go Hawks!!!

Mark
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW OWNERSHIP
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm
  • Terrific news.

Congratulations to Wenhawk and Touchdown!

I really miss Radish. I know we all do.

-s
    Happy
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:00 pm
  • Happy wrote:Terrific news.

Congratulations to Wenhawk and Touchdown!

I really miss Radish. I know we all do.

-s

Without a doubt. Hope you're well "Happy".
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:02 pm
  • Congrats Wenhawk and Touchdown. You've got large shoes to fill...I'm sure you will do well with the site. I look forward to seeing .NET continue to thrive.

Thanks RockHawk and Anguish for all your efforts to make this the place for all things Seahawks and more!!!

Go Hawks!
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm
  • Thank you Mark and Neal for all you've done for the site. I dont think people realize how much time, money, and effort you've put in to keep this place the way it is. Thank you.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 pm
  • Bravo Zulu gentlemen thank you for all the hard work.
    " I don't come to bow, I come to conquer." Bob Marley
    HommyHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 pm
  • I come here often, even though I don't post as much as many do.

Thank you Mark and Neal, and Wen and Touchdown (past and present/future owners), for making this a place I want to keep returning to for relayed news, dialogue, and fandom. I hope the reality of this place has and continues to outgrow your vision. That would be really fantastic.
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:30 pm
  • Well congratulations and thanks you's all around, nice to know that it's being kept in the family.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:24 am
  • This warms my heart. Thank you Neal and Mark for your terrific ownership keeping NET thriving through the years. Congratulations to Jamie and Tony! If there's anything I can do to help out in any way please do not hesitate to ask. Go NET! Go Hawks!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 am
  • Leave faster, plz.

...kidding. In fact, I hope you don't leave at all. Thanks for everything you guys did.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Leave faster, plz.

...kidding. In fact, I hope you don't leave at all. Thanks for everything you guys did.

Of course I'll still be around, though most wouldn't notice it anyways since I've been a lurker for quite some time. But thanks guys.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am
  • Seahawks.Net Community,

I would like to start by letting everyone know how excited I am to carry the torch Aros and RockHawk have passed on. I look to continue to make this the best place to talk Seahawks football on the internet. I have some huge shoes to fill… and I am ready. Seahawks.NET has been a passion and obsession to say the least since the beginning of the Holmgren Era. Back in 99 when I was only in High School, I remember a weekend morning while my buddies were sleeping in after a night of partying I got up at the crack of dawn to drive from Wenatchee to Cheney to watch a Training Camp scrimmage. Little did I know that would only be the first of many sacrifices I have made for this team and the beginning of lifelong Seahawks fandom.

Our Co-owner Tony “Touchdown” and I both worked it the same I.T department in Tacoma area where our passion for technology and Seahawks football made for some great conversations. He is well versed in the industry and has built us a data center with incredible speeds and the ability to scale up when the time comes. He will be more focused on the technical piece, while I am more focused on the user community, marketing, and operations.

I have been around long enough to know that change is not easy for everyone. I want to make sure the people here know I have been through our major site changes in the past. I have seen some great people come and go. This will always be an amazing community and always be a great place to talk Seahawks. I hope any future changes that happen while I am steering this boat only make this a more amazing place for us and a place where everyone feels valued and treated fairly. I am always open to listening to any ideas, suggestions, or concerns so don’t hesitate to PM me anytime.

Thank you Mark for allowing me the opportunity and making this such a smooth transition. Also thanks to those who have already provided a warm welcome. I look forward to meeting or chatting with many of you soon.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:39 pm
  • So happy for you both, congratulations!

And of course, thank you Neal and Mark :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Seahawks.Net Community,

I would like to start by letting everyone know how excited I am to carry the torch Aros and RockHawk have passed on. I look to continue to make this the best place to talk Seahawks football on the internet. I have some huge shoes to fill… and I am ready. Seahawks.NET has been a passion and obsession to say the least since the beginning of the Holmgren Era. Back in 99 when I was only in High School, I remember a weekend morning while my buddies were sleeping in after a night of partying I got up at the crack of dawn to drive from Wenatchee to Cheney to watch a Training Camp scrimmage. Little did I know that would only be the first of many sacrifices I have made for this team and the beginning of lifelong Seahawks fandom.

Our Co-owner Tony “Touchdown” and I both worked it the same I.T department in Tacoma area where our passion for technology and Seahawks football made for some great conversations. He is well versed in the industry and has built us a data center with incredible speeds and the ability to scale up when the time comes. He will be more focused on the technical piece, while I am more focused on the user community, marketing, and operations.

I have been around long enough to know that change is not easy for everyone. I want to make sure the people here know I have been through our major site changes in the past. I have seen some great people come and go. This will always be an amazing community and always be a great place to talk Seahawks. I hope any future changes that happen while I am steering this boat only make this a more amazing place for us and a place where everyone feels valued and treated fairly. I am always open to listening to any ideas, suggestions, or concerns so don’t hesitate to PM me anytime.

Thank you Mark for allowing me the opportunity and making this such a smooth transition. Also thanks to those who have already provided a warm welcome. I look forward to meeting or chatting with many of you soon.

Well said Jamie and it sounds like you and Tony are absolutely perfect to pick up the torch. Looking forward to the next chapter of .NET!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 am
  • The task of "Bearing the Torch" here at .Net is never easy. There are a lot of passionate fans here and it is hard to please everyone. Do you plan to keep it "self-supporting" or to go to advertisements?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 pm
  • A big thanks to Mark and Neal for keeping this place afloat for so long and all of the hard behind the scenes work that encompassed.

To Wen and Touchdown congrats!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:The task of "Bearing the Torch" here at .Net is never easy. There are a lot of passionate fans here and it is hard to please everyone. Do you plan to keep it "self-supporting" or to go to advertisements?
    Nothing has been determined at this point. We have some ideas on how to improve things but there will be a cost. I'd say if this season doesnt get the Amazon clicks or Donations to cover costs we need will discuss all our options. We want to keep things going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Nothing wrong with another rebuild...congrats.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 am
  • salute to you guys
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:41 am
  • That's fantastic!

So when's the PWR coming back?
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm
  • Glad to see it is being kept "in the family"!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:22 am
  • Glad to see the torch will carry on. I may not post a lot but I do come here every day and read through to get info on my favorite team and, oh yeah, sooo much more. The color scheme is very comfortable.

Congrats, Gentlemen.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:41 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:The color scheme is very comfortable.

Funny you mention that. I can't tell you how many times I will be working, on various work-related sites, or just browsing around and then I will click on .NET and it's always a "Aaaaaah" feeling. Not just because, well it's .NET, but the colors are very soothing compared to so many sites out there.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:49 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:The color scheme is very comfortable.

Funny you mention that. I can't tell you how many times I will be working, on various work-related sites, or just browsing around and then I will click on .NET and it's always a "Aaaaaah" feeling. Not just because, well it's .NET, but the colors are very soothing compared to so many sites out there.

Fo sho. I was very happy when Microsoft introduced their dark Technet theme. Now I can read nerd stuff on Technet without wanting to gouge my eyes out from excessive white, lol.

A lot more of the web needs to go this route.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 am
  • Green & Blue is scientifically the most comfortable color combo. When this site changed to it’s current scheme, I felt and still feel, it is the best social forum anywhere.
    To the designer...
    Thank You, Great Job!
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm
  • Well thankfully we have the Blue/Green/Silver combo, we very well could have had Orange Crème/ White.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 pm
  • Congrats Wen..Hope it all goes well.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:48 am
  • Sac wrote:That's fantastic!

Seconded.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:24 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Sac wrote:That's fantastic!

Seconded.

Thirded.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:53 pm
  • Where's Liberty Valance when you need him...……………………..

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Where's Liberty Valance when you need him...……………………..

I heard he was shot by the man........

Congrats fellas, can't wait to see the new ideas. Thanks to all the previous owners of this site, I'm sure it can be difficult dealing with our, um....... "passion," at times. :D
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:36 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Where's Liberty Valance when you need him...……………………..

I heard he was shot by the man........

Congrats fellas, can't wait to see the new ideas. Thanks to all the previous owners of this site, I'm sure it can be difficult dealing with our, um....... "passion," at times. :D

Dealing is easy, restraint is hard.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:10 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:Green & Blue is scientifically the most comfortable color combo. When this site changed to it’s current scheme, I felt and still feel, it is the best social forum anywhere.
    To the designer...
    Thank You, Great Job!

I rememember the Scout forum......and when one day I logged on to this beautiful deep blue and neon green, it felt like Home. I might not post much but regularly go thru topics, Draft board, smack shack. One of the best post I look forward too each week "Enemy's Forum" for that week.

Thoughts to Les for his devotion and insight, and to Mark and Neal, for your hard , tireless work over the years. You have shown class, allowing others fans to vent, contribute and even talk alittle smack, but guess since the Hawks were kicking everyones butt the last 5 years, its the least you could do :stirthepot: Thank You from this Northern 12 !

To Jamie and Tony,..... it sounds to Me , the site is in VERY capable hands as well as dedicated fans of the Hawks and Community. I look forward to what is ahead and , will give all the support I can muster in making this site HOME. :229031_cheers: :229031_flagca:
    CDN_C_Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm
  • Congrats
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:23 pm
  • Thanks for the kind words. PWR is on our list but we have plenty of other work to do. A top priority is ensuring we are collecting enough funds to keep this things moving along. Shameless plug to click on Amazon or donate.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm
  • Thanks for your guiding hand and all of the time and effort you and Anguish spent making this the best team site on the web. Good luck in your future endeavors and god speed to the Wenhawk & Touchdown!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:

Seconded.

Thirded.

Can I fourthed this one?
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:37 pm
  • Sac wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:

Seconded.

Thirded.

Can I fourthed this one?

No, but I can.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 pm
  • Thank you guys for all your time and effort. Having this place to chat (or lurk) is amazing. And woohooo! Congrats to our new owners!!! Thank you and look forward to many more years of .NET !
    byau
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 pm
  • Late to the party, but congratulations to the new owners!!!
    And congrats to the previous owners for making this board the best of the best!

:irishdrinkers:
    Phoenix
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 am
  • Just touching base...Any kind of update Jamie? How's the transition going?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:56 pm
  • Aros wrote:Just touching base...Any kind of update Jamie? How's the transition going?

Still waiting for a response over a month later? :?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Aros wrote:Just touching base...Any kind of update Jamie? How's the transition going?

Still waiting for a response over a month later? :?

Maybe he isn't subscribed to this topic and hasn't seen it. I wouldn't think he would ignore you on purpose. :229031_confused2:
    DonovanJM
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 am
  • I miss Radish and also PWR.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]