Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

There are Doubters, then there's This Guy

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I don't think the D will be as good, but it's PC so there's a chance. People keep neglecting they were 25th in points allowed after losing Kam and Sherm. They were 6th or so up until that point. Ended up 13th in scoring D at the end of the season.

People also are forgetting that it was PC who built the defense to its greatness to begin with. He did it once and so why not again?

Because the talent that PC used to built id, isn't going for cheap throwaway late-round picks that you can amass by trades. They're going for first-round picks now.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I don't think the D will be as good, but it's PC so there's a chance. People keep neglecting they were 25th in points allowed after losing Kam and Sherm. They were 6th or so up until that point. Ended up 13th in scoring D at the end of the season.

People also are forgetting that it was PC who built the defense to its greatness to begin with. He did it once and so why not again?

Because the talent that PC used to built id, isn't going for cheap throwaway late-round picks that you can amass by trades. They're going for first-round picks now.

Underrated point. It's harder to get the type of guys who made us so successful in the first place. It's possible Tre Flowers becomes the next Sherman and we got both in the fifth round, but how likely is that?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I am on the other side of this as I feel with a new set of coaches and hungry players we will experience some growing pains but get way better towards the end of the season
    We have some great players that we didn't have when the team was put together from ashes last time
    Yes we do have a tough schedule but I see nothing but good to come of it
    The only position group I'm concerned about is defensive ends and pass rush

I have a feeling were going to be hard to run against as our Vikings cast off pickups I think will fit right in
    It wouldn't surprise me if Poona Ford makes the cut and has an impact as well

I have a feeling the whole division is gonna be good other than maybe Arizona but they might be better , time will tell but I have immense hope for this team as I thought the legion of boom was pretty much toast sans Earl even before the season started and am happy at least we have some good players filling those spots who all got a little more experience last year playing together
    Just gotta hope Earl doesn't hold out and Bwags stays healthy
    Go Hawks :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• I am on the other side of this as I feel with a new set of coaches and hungry players we will experience some growing pains but get way better towards the end of the season
    We have some great players that we didn't have when the team was put together from ashes last tim
    Yes we do have a tough schedule but I see nothing but good to come of it
    The only position group I'm concerned about is defensive ends and pass rush

I have a feeling were going to be hard to run against as our Vikings cast off pickups I think will fit right in
    It wouldn't surprise me if Poona Ford makes the cut and has an impact as well

I have a feeling the whole division is gonna be good other than maybe Arizona but they might be better , time will tell but I have immense hope for this team as I thought the legion of boom was pretty much toast sans Earl even before the season started and am happy at least we have some good players filling those spots who all got a little more experience last year playing together
    Just gotta hope Earl doesn't hold out and Bwags stays healthy
    Go Hawks :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:After the 9ers’ coach and roster purge of 2014 they still went 5-11 in 2015.

The Seahawks have shed a ton of talent, but not as much as the 9ers did, and the talent they’ve retained is also much more talented than the retained talent from those 9ers teams.

I think we could chart out a highly unlikely path in which the Seahawks totally bottom out at 3-13/4-12 in 2020, but a season ending injury to Wilson early in this year is the only way that happens this season.

On the low end I think 6-10 is possible. On the high end I think 10-6 is possible, with a normal distribution between those points.

Pretty much dead on here. Most likely to me is 7-9.

We went 3-4 after the debacle that was the Arizona game. Of course since then, we've shed our only TD scoring option (Graham), and lost Bennett, Richardson, Richardson and Chancellor from those teams.

Each team is different year to year. But I really don't hold out a lot of hope that guys from the 2016/17 drafts are going to ascend to significant quality. If we're being honest, then that 3-4 record of play to polish off the season is probably close to our expectation. It could even be closer to our ceiling than our floor.

In order to be closer to 9-7, I think a few things would have to unexpectedly break our way:

1. Seattle finds a modest TD producer from the TE group/WR group. This is possible.
    2. Seattle's run offense improves significantly. Probably need 7 TDs at least from Carson/Penny. This is possible, even likely.
    3. Seattle resigns Earl. This is unknown.
    4. One of Reed/Johnson/Jones produces much improved pass rush quality. Possible but not entirely expected.
    5. Delano Hill/Bradley McDougald produce at a decent level to replace Chancellor. Difficult to project.
    6. The DEs (Clark, Jordan, Smith etc) elevate and produce as a whole.

I think there are a ton of question marks. And needless to say, if one of Baldwin/Wagner/Wilson go down to injury that probably wipes any meaningful projection off the map.

Other things that really could swing the needle but are at this point totally unlikely

1. OG positions get cemented. Whomever wins between Pocic/Fluker/Roos/Ifedi -- they elevate their game as a year 2/3 player and we get serious quality
    2. OT positions remain largely healthy. Brown remains injury free and one of Ifedi/Fant elevates their games to above competent at the RT spot. This is unknown.

I do believe that Carson is a quality NFL running back. Even behind a crap line. Penny -- I want to like him. But really I'm not as excited about Penny as I am about Carson. Give him an average OL and I think he can be special (1200 yards, 8 TDs). That can raise the floor significantly.

This defense is bad when losing one LOB member. When we are missing two it's hide your eyes bad. It's possible we lose all three of them this year. This defense isn't stocked with game altering talents anywhere to make up for that potential loss. Griffin I think is ready to ascend to high quality -- maybe even greatness. But nowhere else do we have players of that pedigree or expectation.

We could be better -- even good at running the ball. With an actually good offensive line. And still be worse in the end. This isn't a team that can go 5-5 to start the season and then finish with a flourish. We can't sleepwalk through any month with what it looks like on paper. What kind of expectation do we really have that we won't follow the same 'win it in the 4th quarter' mentality that we've always echoed?
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote: Are we forgetting Pete went 7-9 with 200000 transactions of nobodies? He has never had a team win less than 6.

The NFC West was a complete and utter joke that season. Inside the division the Seahawks were 4-2. Outside they were 3-7.

The division could have two teams over 10 wins (LA and SF) and on the surface our 2018 schedule looks significantly stronger than the 2010 schedule did. Using 2010 as an example just doesn't fully tell the story of what happened that year.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• sherm gonna sherm cant wait for doug and russ to torch him
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• He is going to get beat a lot this year imo. And I'm not just saying that because he's on the Niners.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• 1 - 5 vs NFC West
    4 - 5 in remaining non-NFC West home games
    2 - 5 in remaining non-NFC West road games

Looks ugly, but let's take our lumps w decent draft picks and rebuild a championship team again.
    When a person is dead, he doesn't know he's dead .. Same goes for being stupid.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

• chet380 wrote:1 - 5 vs NFC West
    4 - 5 in remaining non-NFC West home games
    2 - 5 in remaining non-NFC West road games

Looks ugly, but let's take our lumps w decent draft picks and rebuild a championship team again.

7-9 or 9-7 is the worst record to have in the NFL. That is why the Seahawks were a forgotten team for so many years they were never bad enough to be a joke and they were never good enough to contend. If your team is going to be bad they need to be really bad, Like 4-12 bad, 7-9 gets you nothing.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Ol' Nate got one upped by this dude

adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Ol' Nate got one upped by this dude

Talk about trolling. The odds of a team with a franchise Qb ending up the worst team in nfl no, unless he thinks we are trading Earl to Cleveland for their number one.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

• Awesome. I hope we see more of these predictions.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information