There are Doubters, then there's This Guy

endzorn

Reaction score
I’m not riding the homer wagon like some people here, but barring catastrophic injuries to Wilson and Wagner there is zero chance this team loses 12 games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well, like I said in another thread if the combo of Solari, Schottenheimer and our RB's, O-line don't work out.........it could get 4-12 ugly.

Our D-line has major holes, other than Clark there are no proven stars. Same with the defensive backfield, especially if Earl holds out.

If the offense rebounds in the run game and we can play some smash mouth ball control play action offense that can score 24-30 pts a game? Yeah, we have a shot at competing.

But if the offense does what it did last year, stink in the run game and Russell has to account for 90% of the offensive output running for his life trying to make plays? 4-12 could happen my friend.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
When was the last time a team with a healthy top 5 qb went 4-12?

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1sib4rxw said:

That's what I've been thinking. The Saints with Brees have had some down years, but they still went 7-9 with some of the worst defenses ever. Brady - not even close, same with Rodgers, Ben, Luck, etc. The closest I can think of is the 2015 Chargers, who lost damn near every good player except Rivers to IR and had some truly special Chargers losses mixed in there.

I can see where the negative assessments are coming from, but barring a Wilson injury I can't see us doing worse than 6-10.

The Breh

Reaction score
Also, the 3rd worst record in the whole league.
Not a chance.
I ain't a Duff beer drinker, but there's no way.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If all the wheels fell off the bus and the engine was left in a pile of soot and ash, we would still have 6 or 7 wins at the end of the season.

sutz

Reaction score
IF Wilson is 100% of the offense, we would deserve 4-12, though I would lay money that he could get at least to 9 wins.

With the off-season changes, I'm still on the 12 win bandwagon. :179422:

lukerguy

Reaction score
When was the last time a team with a franchise (top 5) QB went 4-12?

Maybe Matt Ryan if you consider him top 5? That team had zero line (much like the hawks last year who won 9 games).

IMO this season all rides on the line. If they can get coached up and into the serviceable/average category, this is a 11-12 win team... That means they will be able to run the ball, control the clock, use play action, win games at home.. all of the above..

It's a big IF though. I have no idea if Solari will be able to make that big of a difference. We'll figure out quickly how bad Cable was.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":1n6jv2k1 said:
IF Wilson is 100% of the offense, we would deserve 4-12, though I would lay money that he could get at least to 9 wins.

Wasn't he 100% of the offense last year?

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":nvhp9tlu said:
sutz":nvhp9tlu said:

IIRC it was more like 75-80%.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1ul1ek3w said:
. If Wilson gets injured early which top 5 QB do you expect to come in and take his place? We would be lucky to win four games without him in our current state.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
sutz":3ljjvtcr said:
HawkGA":3ljjvtcr said:
sutz":3ljjvtcr said:

IIRC it was more like 75-80%.

Yep he’s a step too slow to receive most of his own passes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
brimsalabim":b2uqmmkz said:
Trrrroy":b2uqmmkz said:
. If Wilson gets injured early which top 5 QB do you expect to come in and take his place? We would be lucky to win four games without him in our current state.

That's a pointless argument. If Wilson gets injured, we could have a stellar roster otherwise and be lucky to get 7 wins. That's the influence of the QB position.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zmwftys9 said:
Well, like I said in another thread if the combo of Solari, Schottenheimer and our RB's, O-line don't work out.........it could get 4-12 ugly.

Our D-line has major holes, other than Clark there are no proven stars. Same with the defensive backfield, especially if Earl holds out.

If the offense rebounds in the run game and we can play some smash mouth ball control play action offense that can score 24-30 pts a game? Yeah, we have a shot at competing.

But if the offense does what it did last year, stink in the run game and Russell has to account for 90% of the offensive output running for his life trying to make plays? 4-12 could happen my friend.
After the purge we had no proven stars on the entire defense, but Carroll still fielded a top-flight product. Until he fails to deliver, I have faith in his ability to put together a sound defense. Last year as a matter of being caught out with injuries to pretty much every important starter - we couldn't have expected much differently under the circumstances.

Assuming a complete offensive coaching collapse, where we are down to an offensive line as poor as last season and offense coordination begins and ends with Russell Wilson drawing plays with his index finger in the field turf, we still will not go 4-12 barring catastrophic injuries.

Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping that our unproven players stepping into the positions of our former stars will be able to prove that they too are stars.

Next Man Up!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
After the 9ers’ coach and roster purge of 2014 they still went 5-11 in 2015.

The Seahawks have shed a ton of talent, but not as much as the 9ers did, and the talent they’ve retained is also much more talented than the retained talent from those 9ers teams.

I think we could chart out a highly unlikely path in which the Seahawks totally bottom out at 3-13/4-12 in 2020, but a season ending injury to Wilson early in this year is the only way that happens this season.

On the low end I think 6-10 is possible. On the high end I think 10-6 is possible, with a normal distribution between those points.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3iw2h2lu said:
Sgt. Largent":3iw2h2lu said:

After the purge we had no proven stars on the entire defense, but Carroll still fielded a top-flight product. Until he fails to deliver, I have faith in his ability to put together a sound defense. Last year as a matter of being caught out with injuries to pretty much every important starter - we couldn't have expected much differently under the circumstances.

Assuming a complete offensive coaching collapse, where we are down to an offensive line as poor as last season and offense coordination begins and ends with Russell Wilson drawing plays with his index finger in the field turf, we still will not go 4-12 barring catastrophic injuries.

Right, so do you honestly see these new players as talented as the first two draft classes so we don't have a down year?

Cause if you do, then you are far more bullish on this years and last year's class than I am. I could see Penny and maybe Shaqueem Griffin as difference makers, but that's about it. Certainly nowhere near the level of those first couple of draft classes after the first purge.

In theory you are correct, but for me to agree with you I have to agree that the talent replacing this purge is equal or close to the first time around..............and let's be honest, Pete and John have NOT done a good job of drafting and aquiring talent for the past 3-4 years, thus why we've had to mortgage the future and cap space to trade for high priced players like Brown, Richardson and Graham.

Latest posts