Hope...Think...Know

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I believe we are at the dawning of a knee rendition of Seahawks football. Gone is the LOB and the dominant defense from 2012-2016. Gone are numerous vets who were part of the winningest era of Seahawks football. Gone are some coaches and their individual philosophies.

In my experience as a Seahawks fan which stretches back to 1976, I have had at least one of three feelings going into a season. Those feelings have essentially been hope, think, and know. In many of the early years I went into each season with the hope that they would be and could be good. “Good” often meant nothing more than a winning record. There have also been many years when I thought they would be good. It was only from 2012-2016 that I knew they would be good. That “knowing” was a knew experience. I remember thinking “so this is what it feels like to absolutely know that your team is the best”.

Going into the 2018 season, I don’t have that “know” feeling. I’m not even completely sure what I’m feeling about this season. I definitely hope they will be good and I think they will surprise a lot of people. I just don’t have a firm foothold on how that will look. I believe there is a general feeling that they will be similar to 2012 good in that they will surpass what many national pundits are currently speculating. In many ways they are way ahead of that 2012 team.

I hope they will exceed my expectations. I think they will be good. I just don’t know.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't have a feeling of greatness, but nor do we have one of foreboding, we have pieces and just are not sure how they will all fit together, that makes this season one of intrigue and interest aside for win loss records, what kind of team do we really have?

That's a big change from what we have traditionally been used to, we knew we were good and or bad most times.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope we are good this season but there's just no way to get a real gauge until the first quarter of the season is over. By then we should get a decent sense of what this team is about. I think we are going to be better than most think. Many have us finishing 3rd or even 4th in the division. To me that's absurd. I have us ending up with 9 or 10 wins with a shot at a wildcard.

I HOPE we are better than expected.

I THINK we are better than most expect.

I KNOW we will all find out soon!

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":7c8yja54 said:
I hope we are good this season but there's just no way to get a real gauge until the first quarter of the season is over. By then we should get a decent sense of what this team is about. I think we are going to be better than most think. Many have us finishing 3rd or even 4th in the division. To me that's absurd. I have us ending up with 9 or 10 wins with a shot at a wildcard.

I HOPE we are better than expected.

I THINK we are better than most expect.

I KNOW we will all find out soon!

That Knowledge begins in 9 days :p

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
As it stands now, I THINK the last 8 weeks of the season look to be pretty tough sledding. I HOPE we're in decent enough shape record-wise by then to be able to ride it out. I KNOW I want to beat the 9ers twice.

Latest posts