Cliff Avril believes attitude is holding Germain Ifedi back

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kinda disappointing to read.

Ifedi already has quite a few technique issues to work on..............I'd rather not be reading about him also having mental and attitude deficiencies as well.

Hopefully Fant is fully healthy and challenges for the RT spot, cause NO ONE is comfortable with Ifedi there again.

Zeearend

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kfcnut9 said:

Ifedi already has quite a few technique issues to work on..............I'd rather not be reading about him also having mental and attitude deficiencies as well.

Hopefully Fant is fully healthy and challenges for the RT spot, cause NO ONE is comfortable with Ifedi there again.

Disappointing indeed. But if the new coaching staff can change his attitude, then maybe his technique will improve quicker also. Fantastic pushing him will help as well.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wow from the article this sounds bad. I'm especially worried that Avril thinks it's going to take a whole year for the young guys to adjust to the new system. The last thing I want to see is another year of run blocking ineptitude.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":55w6s4dj said:
Wow from the article this sounds bad. I'm especially worried that Avril thinks it's going to take a whole year for the young guys to adjust to the new system. The last thing I want to see is another year of run blocking ineptitude.

Solari's system is one of the more basic straight forward downhill attacking style of blocking, but yeah unfortunately Cliff's right...........it can take a while for a new blocking system to be implemented and learned.

Doesn't help that we also have a new coordinator, which compounds the learning curve.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
adeltaY":rddr7cav said:

Cant just expect the line to pick up everything in camp and pre season. New coach new scheme new players. A year is probably a good estimate

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2fmsi9hv said:
adeltaY":2fmsi9hv said:

Cant just expect the line to pick up everything in camp and pre season. New coach new scheme new players. A year is probably a good estimate

Very true. But it won't stop the "fire solari" posts after week 2.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm looking for a jump after the bye week, thinking .500 at the half way point is a "win", with a real chance to start kicking ass to end the year.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been calling Ifedi as our problem child for a long time. According to Avril, he attitude problem was entitlement, ie false or unearned sense of security. Cable was a players’ coach and he hand picked Ifedi, Cable might be too soft on him.

Hopefully one of our backups give Ifedi a real push for his job, light a fire under his Butt. He does have all the measurements to be a NFL lineman, but lacking in complete skill set nor the attitude to acquire those skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2pyhbry6 said:
Cyrus12":2pyhbry6 said:
adeltaY":2pyhbry6 said:

Cmon man....Week 1. :stirthepot:

toffee

Reaction score
Trrrroy":18ahlzed said:
Cyrus12":18ahlzed said:
adeltaY":18ahlzed said:

Solaris has been around for a long time, with a large body of work. On one hand, he is a legit NFL OL coach, on the other hand, he ain’t no OL whisperer.

One of the two mysteries this off season was Pete basically left the OL unchanged except coaching. Did Solaris have Pete assurance that we got enough talent?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3pf4apxt said:
adeltaY":3pf4apxt said:

Sean McVay laughs at that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
toffee":5zi5vox2 said:
One of the two mysteries this off season was Pete basically left the OL unchanged except coaching. Did Solaris have Pete assurance that we got enough talent?

They changed their G's. Brought in a new RG and moved last years RG to LG. Thats 40% change.

HawkGA

Reaction score
He didn't seem to have a high opinion of Pocic either. No specifics though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the Whale Dance on the ground took them a long time to learn also.

The scheme at least is simpler and is more in line with their body types and strengths versus trying to get Ballerina type moves from a Weight lifter.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The eye test for Ifedi and Pocic is downright horrifying. I know Cable was the worst, but I'm not sure these two guys can make it regardless of who's coaching them. Man, I hated the Pocic pick. Guess we'll have to wait and see how they do this year to see if it actually was Cable or a true lack of talent.

adeltaY

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2cftue5k said:
Cyrus12":2cftue5k said:
adeltaY":2cftue5k said:

That's a really good point. Besides Whitworth, their other OL players aren't amazing, but they worked very well together as a team and made the jump from atrocious in 2016 to damn good in 2017. A 33 year-old Duane Brown should be as good as a 36 year-old Whitworth so the talent level shouldn't be far off. I suppose if the Rams were able to do a 180 on the line, there is some precedent and hope for our line ... pretty please

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39dgiw48 said:

I guess I read it as one and the same which in a way is positive

He has technique issues because of his entitlement and lack of working hard at his craft.

That is IMHO better than he is giving it everything and not improving. It means if you can change his attitude then. Improvements in performance can and should happen....

Trrrroy

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2dqggq8i said:
Cyrus12":2dqggq8i said:
adeltaY":2dqggq8i said:

Is Sean McVay thay good, or was Jeff Fisher just that bad?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Well our line was Fisher era bad, probably worse. It won't take much improvement to seem like the OL got way better.

Latest posts