Wilson 5th in NFL passing yards under pressure since 2006

Hawk1217

Reaction score
So since 2006 Ryan leads the league in yards under pressure. What I find interesting is Wilson is 5th on the list but Wilson did not come into the league until 2012. In fact, every QB above Wilson has been in the league longer. So if we put in avg yards under pressure per season the list looks alot different. Think about this Wilson has over 300 more yards under pressure than the next QB.

Wilson 1182
Stafford 855
Ryan 828
Cutler 810
Flacco 752

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com...l-in-passing-yards-under-pressure-since-2006/

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Testament to our great Oline and Bevell's play calling.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kind of scary to think we actually have posters on this board that think Wilson is the reason our OL is bad and that Tom Brady would flourish behind our OL. And no, I’m not embellishing. Read the “Wilson should have been MVP” thread.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Pretty confident zero Seahawks fans liked Cable and Bevell so it was safe to say from the get go that was sarcasm, even not knowing anyone here.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ivbbrun said:
Kind of scary to think we actually have posters on this board that think Wilson is the reason our OL is bad and that Tom Brady would flourish behind our OL. And no, I’m not embellishing. Read the “Wilson should have been MVP” thread.

But to be fair RW does account for 5-10 sacks on his own every year. Meaning he runs into sacks instead of throwing the ball away or absorbs a sack (in name only) When he get's tackled for a 1 yard loss on a scramble.

Hopefully with the new OL scheme we'll see much better play.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Wilson taking “5-10 sacks” a year as you claim is negated by him accounting for 86% of our yards and 98% of our TDs. When you have zero help around you, some times you’re bound to make a mistake.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Always funny when people only point to the sacks and not the fact that he flat out carries the offense. But... but......he got sacked while running around for an hour and half from no blocking :roll:

adeltaY

Reaction score
He can make mistakes and carry the offense, they aren't mutually exclusive. The other top QBs also make mistakes and have flaws. Pointing them out doesn't make someone a hater.

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":1hc9t197 said:
He can make mistakes and carry the offense, they aren't mutually exclusive. The other top QBs also make mistakes and have flaws. Pointing them out doesn't make someone a hater.

Not saying you’re a hater. Just saying that he plays behind the worst OL in the league, by far.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
jlwaters1":15br54yj said:
Steve2222":15br54yj said:

But to be fair RW does account for 5-10 sacks on his own every year. Meaning he runs into sacks instead of throwing the ball away or absorbs a sack (in name only) When he get's tackled for a 1 yard loss on a scramble.

Hopefully with the new OL scheme we'll see much better play.

I presume you have a link to something that shows these 5-10, and of course, I presume you also have a link showing how many sacks he saves by running around. You need both to show a true picture, without them this is, well an opinion, that easily shown to be worthless when taken into account the percentage of yards and scores he provides.

However, I will put this in terms of your statement with an opinion only stance, to be fair Wilson saves 20+ sacks a year on his own with his mobility.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
adeltaY":50d2h0zy said:

1 no one said "hater. 2 when you come on a thread that is positive about one of OUR players and decide to post something negative, that sure can be taken as hating. Especially when you have nothing to back it up. Why not just start your own thread about it instead of hijacking a positive one? We know all players have and make mistakes and it is fair to bring them up, but not in a positive thread. Just find proof, and post it in its own thread.

Back on topic now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The last couple years have been tough for Wilson.

But early on, the breakdown at the line and his ability to make a play were a significant part of the offense's dynamic. This stat also reflects those (Super Bowl winning) years as well.

Focusing on Bevell and Cable is easy, but underscores how terrific of a QB Wilson is