Wish Earl was more like Kam.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2pu0nu8y said:
Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.
Wow, just wow....

*Edited because I decided not to go there*

Trrrroy

Reaction score
So you're hoping for a holdout that will stretch into the regular season?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
There is no complete loyalty in todays NFL. Players screw teams and teams screw players so both have to be on their guard. It doesnt have to be liked but it is way better than what it was like pre free agent days.

Not like college players stay in their own states either. How would you fix that?

Steve2222

Reaction score
wasn’t aware ET has missed games due to a contract hold out.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":27ywfrlo said:

Do you have the Thomas family budget on hand? Are you a CPA? Is Earl buying six magic sets like Michael in the office?

Do yourself a favor and delete this so people can forget you ever posted it and you can save any credibility later.

Seymour

Reaction score
I understand where the OP is coming from, but unfortunately the example is a swing and a miss. Kam made a mistake holding out and later owned up. That is what I hope Earl learned from that more than anything (holding out would be a mistake). As far as long term, I suspect there will not be any here outside of 1 possible franchise tag year.

sutz

Reaction score
Seems to me that Earl is following Kam's playbook regarding the holdout.

:229031_shrug:

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can no longer cheer for him? A player holding out? Because that NEVER happens in the NFL. :roll:
It's July 2nd. In what world has he quit on his team???

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It seems people will believe what they want to believe. Some people believe what they interpreted his locker room shout out to the cowboys means and some people will believe that he wants to be a Seahawk for life. The truth is the man wants to maximize his pay and what happens from here forward is anyone's guess right now. All I know for sure, is if he gets this settled and plays for us, I'll root for him. If we trade him or he's no longer a Seahawk for whatever reason, I'll still be ever grateful for what he's meant to this franchise. For now, I'll just wait and see what really happens.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1sd3jw6x said:
Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.

lol just own up to your take and eat your crow. Take your L and move on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl seeing Kam's career finished but still getting paid due to injury solidifies his position, if Kam did not get this contract he would be hurt and not paid, end of story.

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Steve2222":116ywbqs said:
SpokaneHawks":116ywbqs said:

lol just own up to your take and eat your crow. Take your L and move on.
Pretty sure that was me owning my take. Players come and go, the team stays. I'm not loyal to any players. Earl doesn't want to be here, so why would I support him?