Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wish Earl was more like Kam.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm
  • Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:26 pm
  • You remember Kams hold out, right?
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4318
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:28 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.

    Wow, just wow....

    *Edited because I decided not to go there*
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23655
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:30 pm
  • So you're hoping for a holdout that will stretch into the regular season?
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3225
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:40 pm
  • There is no complete loyalty in todays NFL. Players screw teams and teams screw players so both have to be on their guard. It doesnt have to be liked but it is way better than what it was like pre free agent days.

    Not like college players stay in their own states either. How would you fix that?
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4878
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:51 pm
  • wasn’t aware ET has missed games due to a contract hold out.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1866
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.


    Do you have the Thomas family budget on hand? Are you a CPA? Is Earl buying six magic sets like Michael in the office?

    Do yourself a favor and delete this so people can forget you ever posted it and you can save any credibility later.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2060
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 am
  • :snack:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:51 am
  • I understand where the OP is coming from, but unfortunately the example is a swing and a miss. Kam made a mistake holding out and later owned up. That is what I hope Earl learned from that more than anything (holding out would be a mistake). As far as long term, I suspect there will not be any here outside of 1 possible franchise tag year.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 am
  • Seems to me that Earl is following Kam's playbook regarding the holdout.

    :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15199
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 am
  • Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:33 am
  • You can no longer cheer for him? A player holding out? Because that NEVER happens in the NFL. :roll:
    It's July 2nd. In what world has he quit on his team???
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 am
  • The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.
    Last edited by Popeyejones on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4847
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 am
  • It seems people will believe what they want to believe. Some people believe what they interpreted his locker room shout out to the cowboys means and some people will believe that he wants to be a Seahawk for life. The truth is the man wants to maximize his pay and what happens from here forward is anyone's guess right now. All I know for sure, is if he gets this settled and plays for us, I'll root for him. If we trade him or he's no longer a Seahawk for whatever reason, I'll still be ever grateful for what he's meant to this franchise. For now, I'll just wait and see what really happens.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19487
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 am
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.



    lol just own up to your take and eat your crow. Take your L and move on.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1866
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am
  • Steve makes a hell of a point.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:48 am
  • Earl seeing Kam's career finished but still getting paid due to injury solidifies his position, if Kam did not get this contract he would be hurt and not paid, end of story.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24742
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Steve makes a hell of a point.

    LOL, so does your jersey! Your Earl shades are clouding your vision.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am
  • I also have a Kam Jersey :irishdrinkers:
    But, hell yes. Loud and proud for Earl.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.



    lol just own up to your take and eat your crow. Take your L and move on.

    Pretty sure that was me owning my take. Players come and go, the team stays. I'm not loyal to any players. Earl doesn't want to be here, so why would I support him?
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:57 am
  • :roll:

    Did you not "support" Big Walt when he skipped camp 3 straight seasons? And please enlighten us, how do you KNOW that Earl doesn't want to be here? Did he tell you that? Players holding out sucks, but it's flat out part of football. Suck it up.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:05 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote::roll:

    Did you not "support" Big Walt when he skipped camp 3 straight seasons? And please enlighten us, how do you KNOW that Earl doesn't want to be here? Did he tell you that? Players holding out sucks, but it's flat out part of football. Suck it up.

    He can hold out all he wants. Did you read anything I posted? And did you not see or hear him tell Jason Garrett " come get me"? It was on TV for God sakes, if that isnt announcing you want oit of Seattle then nothing is!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 am
  • We get it, you don't like the guy. You should maybe go ahead and get over it........
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:46 pm
  • The new Souixhawk has arrived and he feels that players should pledge their undying loyalty to one team. You do know the NFL has had free agency since 1993?
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2060
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.


    I agree. Great post Popeye.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7259
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:40 pm
  • Totally agree with what popeyejones posted.
    I have no issue with any player not honoring a contract when teams are allowed to not honor contracts. I believe contracts should all be guaranteed. Both sides come to a signed agreement, so the terms need to be honored. I also think a player, unless agreed to, should be safe from being traded.
    But alas, sports is so far from reality
    And unfortunately, it's always the players that end up looking like the bad guys. Because fans dont give a shit about the player. They just want to see the best team on the field.
    And Kam probably knew his NFL time was going to expire soon, so he was trying his best to make the most he could b4 he couldn't make any more. And I think after Earl's big injury, the same has been on his mind.
    User avatar
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 pm
    Location: Connecticut


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.


    Well I'm going to go a bit easier on you because part of your rebuttal is valid IMO. I'll give you a B for effort but a C- for persuasiveness because Kam and great contract example is an uphill sale to most 12's.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:24 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.

    Not true at all. If this was true why are the Seahawks paying Kam this year and half his salary next year. NFL teams have to honor the guaranteed portions of salaries. Players know what they are signing up for. It’s their fault for agreeing to the terms in the first place.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:52 pm
  • I dont remember Kam going up to a coach on live TV and asking for them to come get him. Holding out is nothing new but Kam is and was all class....Earl not so much in my books anymore. Make the trade!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 pm
  • edogg23 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.

    Not true at all. If this was true why are the Seahawks paying Kam this year and half his salary next year. NFL teams have to honor the guaranteed portions of salaries. Players know what they are signing up for. It’s their fault for agreeing to the terms in the first place.


    Exactly. It's incorrect to say that the "CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign." Individual players and teams agree to specific terms that must be honored. If the team and player wanted to, they could agree to a contract that was fully guaranteed, as the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins. Saying one side doesn't have to honor contracts, at all, is just utter BS.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Wow, I guess my topic has offended "Earl's Army"! Please take off the Earl shades and allow me to better explain the point I was trying to make. First of all, yes, Kam did hold out, he wanted to be paid better. Did it hurt the team? Absolutley. Was he wrong in doing so? I believe he was. IMO, the reason this is different than the Earl situation is that I don't recall Kam publicly (in front of a camera) running up to one of our enemies coaches and begging him to "come get me"! Earl has pretty much told the organization and every single one of us fans that he no longer wants to be a Seahawk!!! To me, it seems weird to take sides with a "trader", but, go ahead, keep thinking the guy is our only hope and keep wishing him to stay and stand up for him all you want. That's your choice, but he clearly isnt doing the same for you. In Earl's mind, it's clear to me, he feels now that his boys are gone that the window has closed and he only wants to stay if he's paid. That's me first, not team first. I can no longer cheer for him because I support the team, not the players.


    That isn't how quotation marks work.

    I do always appreciate a good "trader" take though.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 am
  • ET has a right to hold out.

    The Hawks have a right to trade, cut him or do nothing if they choose.

    Fans have a right to bitch and moan all they want on either side of the issue.

    What else is new?
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2665
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:37 am
  • The more important question is: who is going to make up the "Earl's Army" t-shirts?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:42 pm
  • Off topic a bit here.

    Based on Kam and Earl's instagram postings, they seems to be very different in how they would like to be seen:

    Kam:
    French food eating, people watching in Paris

    High fashion, concert hall:

    Yoga-ing

    Multiple pics of him dressing up:


    Earl has very different preferences:
    Different fashion:

    Street tough wannabe?


    Again, this is off topic, not passing any judgement one over the other as I don't know them in real life. Just thought that these two were protraiting different branding.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:17 pm
  • I've seen Earl post video of himself being absolutely pie eyed wasted singing some stupid nonsense song about who knows what. Yes, I'd say they are WAY different alright, and Earl comes off as a pretty toxic character to me. This is what they choose to do on their own time which is fine, but it's a character indication for certain.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The more important question is: who is going to make up the "Earl's Army" t-shirts?


    I nominate Sergeant Slaughter!!

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I've seen Earl post video of himself being absolutely pie eyed wasted singing some stupid nonsense song about who knows what. Yes, I'd say they are WAY different alright, and Earl comes off as a pretty toxic character to me. This is what they choose to do on their own time which is fine, but it's a character indication for certain.


    Let's just say for this opera going old fart, I might have a more fun time hanging out with Kam than Earl, not that they want to hang out with me of course. On field, if Kam was the one that calls the play/changes/adjustments and instill the fear into opposing WR/TE/RB, his impact could be as critical if not more than Earl.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I've seen Earl post video of himself being absolutely pie eyed wasted singing some stupid nonsense song about who knows what. Yes, I'd say they are WAY different alright, and Earl comes off as a pretty toxic character to me. This is what they choose to do on their own time which is fine, but it's a character indication for certain.


    Utter nonsense
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • toffee wrote:Off topic a bit here.

    Based on Kam and Earl's instagram postings, they seems to be very different in how they would like to be seen:

    Kam:
    French food eating, people watching in Paris

    High fashion, concert hall:

    Yoga-ing

    Multiple pics of him dressing up:


    Earl has very different preferences:
    Different fashion:

    Street tough wannabe?


    Again, this is off topic, not passing any judgement one over the other as I don't know them in real life. Just thought that these two were protraiting different branding.


    Just for fun, this is what Russ wants to project:

    Royal Ascot, the snubbest of all snubs, and yes there's a dress code for men.

    Dim Sum in Shanghai:

    Hanging out with Pete:

    Kids:

    White tie with Seattle Synphony


    haha I can see how some dawgs in the locker room had problem with Russ

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The more important question is: who is going to make up the "Earl's Army" t-shirts?

    I believe the OP has the rights to the shirt and probaly should have them made up.
    Half the board would probaly buy them.
    It does sound like it's from "Arnie's Army"(Arnold Palmer) so dunno about possible conflict
    with that.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3974
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:40 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.

    Not true at all. If this was true why are the Seahawks paying Kam this year and half his salary next year. NFL teams have to honor the guaranteed portions of salaries. Players know what they are signing up for. It’s their fault for agreeing to the terms in the first place.


    Exactly. It's incorrect to say that the "CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign." Individual players and teams agree to specific terms that must be honored. If the team and player wanted to, they could agree to a contract that was fully guaranteed, as the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins. Saying one side doesn't have to honor contracts, at all, is just utter BS.

    And just to pile on the whole thing, ET's contract made him the highest paid safety in the NFL at the time. He got his "respect" in the form of the dollars he wanted. You don't get to hold out to be the top paid every time someone else makes more. You ride out your top-paid salary and when it comes to the end hopefully you have played well enough to get another one.

    Also, if ET plays at his normal level, the Seahawks will honour every cent of his contract. He's not in danger of being cut.

    These are grown men. Most of them have degrees from major universities. They have agents who can clarify any point in the contract they want clarified. They sign the contracts knowing what they are getting into. If they don't then they *should have* known. Each player is a milti-million-dollar business of which the player is the CEO, so he should know his stuff or put someone else in charge.

    As far as "fair" goes, how many of us have contracts with our current employer that guarantee ANY money whatsoever? Who here who is working for someone else can't have his contract (employment) terminated? I live in a country with very liberal employment laws and have worked for my employer for 14 years and even I can be let go without much fanfare. Welcome to the real world.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2102
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:The CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign. Let that sink in.

    In exchange for that the CBA allows players to hold out WHILE accruing financial penalty, but only up to 8 weeks into the season at which point it becomes irrational for them to not report in 100% of cases.

    When players hold out they are doing so in accordance with the rules that have been negotiated with the owners. They’re not breaking their contracts or violating their contracts — they’re doing something in accordance with the rules of their contracts.

    As for who is getting the better deal here, it is obvious: one side doesn’t have to honor contracts at all, and the other side is allowed to take on 8 weeks of financial penalty before being forced to honor their contracts.

    If you want the players to be forced to always honor their contracts, make teams always honor their contracts. It’s that simple. Unless that’s what you want you don’t actually have a problem with this, as it’s the teams, not the players, who are getting away with robbery in the current system.

    Not true at all. If this was true why are the Seahawks paying Kam this year and half his salary next year. NFL teams have to honor the guaranteed portions of salaries. Players know what they are signing up for. It’s their fault for agreeing to the terms in the first place.


    Exactly. It's incorrect to say that the "CBA allows teams to not honor the contracts they sign." Individual players and teams agree to specific terms that must be honored. If the team and player wanted to, they could agree to a contract that was fully guaranteed, as the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins. Saying one side doesn't have to honor contracts, at all, is just utter BS.

    And just to pile on the whole thing, ET's contract made him the highest paid safety in the NFL at the time. He got his "respect" in the form of the dollars he wanted. You don't get to hold out to be the top paid every time someone else makes more. You ride out your top-paid salary and when it comes to the end hopefully you have played well enough to get another one.

    Also, if ET plays at his normal level, the Seahawks will honour every cent of his contract. He's not in danger of being cut.

    These are grown men. Most of them have degrees from major universities. They have agents who can clarify any point in the contract they want clarified. They sign the contracts knowing what they are getting into. If they don't then they *should have* known. Each player is a milti-million-dollar business of which the player is the CEO, so he should know his stuff or put someone else in charge.

    As far as "fair" goes, how many of us have contracts with our current employer that guarantee ANY money whatsoever? Who here who is working for someone else can't have his contract (employment) terminated? I live in a country with very liberal employment laws and have worked for my employer for 14 years and even I can be let go without much fanfare. Welcome to the real world.


    Therefore I will LOVE to have tea with Earl's agent, heck i will buy him triple shots of whatever he fancies, so long he talks. The way Earl devalues his brand got to drive his agent up the wall.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Quit on your team because you have to, not because your spending habits force you to.


    Hit the showers, rookie.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 798
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:02 am
  • I still think it’s funny NFL fans side with the owners and think the players are being greedy trying to get every cent they can. Only professional league with no fully guaranted contracts and it’s far and away the most dangerous sport. The NFL salary cap is a joke compared to that of the NBAs. Like..., NFL players are getting robbed compared to their MLB and NBA counterparts.

    I don’t fault any player trying to get as much possible money as they can. NFL careers are short.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1866
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:22 am
  • Wish we won that second super bowl.
    Image
    Russell Wilson isn't the problem, the coaching staff IS.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4279
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 pm
  • PPF is hating on our HOF Earl, ranking him a WTF #6 FS in the league just when Earl is seeking a long term contract that reflects his best FS in the league status. #6 is truly ridiculous, behind Andrew Sendejo, Glover Quin, Kevin Byard, Devin McCourty and Adrian Amos, no way Jose.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755 ... on#slide13

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 am
  • Earl crazy good, but crazy.

    I don't know if Kam had any of his fines forgiven in his holdout, but I would like to think Earl keeps the fines to a minimum for his "lifestyle's" sake.
    User avatar
    AVL
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 656
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:33 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:I still think it’s funny NFL fans side with the owners and think the players are being greedy trying to get every cent they can. Only professional league with no fully guaranted contracts and it’s far and away the most dangerous sport. The NFL salary cap is a joke compared to that of the NBAs. Like..., NFL players are getting robbed compared to their MLB and NBA counterparts.

    I don’t fault any player trying to get as much possible money as they can. NFL careers are short.

    It’s because we are smart and realize how balanced the league is. A few bad contracts is all it takes to ruin any chances of making the Super Bowl. Rooting for players to break the bank is basically equal to rooting for your team to lose.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 am
  • edogg23 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:I still think it’s funny NFL fans side with the owners and think the players are being greedy trying to get every cent they can. Only professional league with no fully guaranted contracts and it’s far and away the most dangerous sport. The NFL salary cap is a joke compared to that of the NBAs. Like..., NFL players are getting robbed compared to their MLB and NBA counterparts.

    I don’t fault any player trying to get as much possible money as they can. NFL careers are short.

    It’s because we are smart and realize how balanced the league is. A few bad contracts is all it takes to ruin any chances of making the Super Bowl. Rooting for players to break the bank is basically equal to rooting for your team to lose.


    Worse than that, it is rooting for your fantasy team over your preferred team. Let that sink in a moment.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7975
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Wish Earl was more like Kam.
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 pm
  • edogg23 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:I still think it’s funny NFL fans side with the owners and think the players are being greedy trying to get every cent they can. Only professional league with no fully guaranted contracts and it’s far and away the most dangerous sport. The NFL salary cap is a joke compared to that of the NBAs. Like..., NFL players are getting robbed compared to their MLB and NBA counterparts.

    I don’t fault any player trying to get as much possible money as they can. NFL careers are short.

    It’s because we are smart and realize how balanced the league is. A few bad contracts is all it takes to ruin any chances of making the Super Bowl. Rooting for players to break the bank is basically equal to rooting for your team to lose.


    Got to confess that I didn’t think of this angle, so our HOF Earl destroyed his own brand and value just to help he Hawks? That is far out dude!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Next


It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online