Kam Announces Retirement

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Cant read it all but I did post for some 12s on fb.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_Access/status/1013562505002737664[/tweet]

Thanks for the memories Bam Bam.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Wow..one of my favorite Seahawks in my 35 years of fandom. I can't say I'm surprised, due to the nature of the injury. Wish him nothing but the best, and hope he stays around the game/team in some capacity...but he should focus his attention on his health and life after football now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
:(

Very sad day, but nothing's more important than your own health, Kam. You were great. Have fun with whatever you decide to do in the future, and thank you for being a part of one of the best damned defenses to ever take the field in the history of football.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I'll never forget that interception return against Carolina in the postseason. After the " Run" by beastmode in the 2010 playoffs, I've never seen that place get louder.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1013569909425569792[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":oi13300g said:
It'll be interesting how all that gets played out. Obviously, the team could use all that money back under the cap.

Saying he can't play any more is not quite the same as retiring.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This year and next year are guaranteed? Ouch for the cap, but happy for Kam that he won't be risking even more injury. Don't mess with your health.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2l7ti4yi said:

If memory serves me correctly it costs the team more for him to be cut than sit on the bench and as his salary is guaranteed and he was injured playing for us it makes no sense for him to just walk away from all that cash. My guess here is that the team will come to some financial arrangement that allows him to retire and still get paid.
With that said I did spoil on him a bit during his holdout but I have always loved what he brought to the team each and every down he was on the field. He’s a unique talent that may never come our way again and for that I’m forever grateful

hawknation2018

Reaction score
For a second there, I thought he was going to save us some cap space, LOL.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Thank you, Kam!

You were a top 10 Seahawks all time IMO.

Thank for your services and bringing Seattle it's first SuperBowl!

Will probably go down as the most feared hitter in Seahawks history!

Wish you all the best and great health in your retirement!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":33caql51 said:
Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

We can't do both?

Gibbo

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3hu6dp2v said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with talking about cap space; it’s one of the first things that came to my mind when this was confirmed and I’m sure a lot ignored other fans felt the same.

It’s not a shock is it. This has been inevitable for a while and cap space question mark has been hovering that whole time.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Gibbo":1pz8hhx5 said:
Hawkstorian":1pz8hhx5 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with talking about cap space; it’s one of the first things that came to my mind when this was confirmed and I’m sure a lot ignored other fans felt the same.

It’s not a shock is it. This has been inevitable for a while and cap space question mark has been hovering that whole time.

We knew Walter Jones was at the end, but when it was the end we didn't discuss cap space. Or maybe we did but if we did we shouldn't have.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2tb0ksx1 said:
Mistashoesta":2tb0ksx1 said:
We can't do both?

Not if you have any actual perspective on the importance of things that actually matter.

This is a Seahwaks forum, not Kam's dinner table. Wth..

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
This is about Kam retiring. If you want to talk about the cap implications, start another thread on that subject. And let's not pull this fan card crap either. Either stick to the topic and be civil about it, or the thread will be locked and we can start another one that's within forum guidelines. Either way, it's going to be monitored closely.