Sleeping On Seattle

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

Yes, this is the part you all say to me "Why do you even care?"

WELL I JUST DO!!!

I want to hear about my team once in a while, is that a crime? God forbid a broadcast dedicated to all things NFL could mention the Seattle Seahawks once a month.

Now get off my lawn.

:les:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
adeltaY":2zoujh2i said:
Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.

The sadly humorous thing about your post is that I literally hear far more about those teams you mentioned then I ever hear the Seahawks mentioned. I am totally not joking.

I am trying to think of a team that is less talked about than the Seahawks. The Bills are close. Bengals too. Wow, when you have been in the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years, been in two Super Bowls in that time, winning one, ALMOST winning the second back-to-back, have a super star QB and...

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't long ago when SEAHAWKS was everywhere. Just root for Penny to be awarded OROY and that would mean we did very well indeed.
Relevance will follow.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wow, really? I don't watch much NFL network or ESPN. I guess the podcasts I listen to don't really talk about the Seahawks that much. I hear Russell Wilson mentioned more frequently, maybe I've been conflating the two too much.

Reaction score
Seahawks are in a rebuild. It's not going to happen overnight, especially with the lack of draft picks and cap space this year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Aros":3aiv2ioi said:
Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

WELL I JUST DO!!!

I want to hear about my team once in a while, is that a crime? God forbid a broadcast dedicated to all things NFL could mention the Seattle Seahawks once a month.

Now get off my lawn.

Seattle had a year where they went 9-7. After that they jettisoned their best pass rusher, best defensive tackle, best cornerback, the starting strong safety possibly won't play again, and the starting FS is holding out. We also lost our number two receiver in Richardson and our number 1 redzone threat in Jimmy. We fired our staff, and replaced them with coaches with a spotty track record. We haven't done much in the way of addressing our O-line woes that have been persistent for many years now either. As good as Solari's track record is -- he won't be able to magically make things better over night.

If you're looking at the Seahawks from an outsiders prospective, how exactly does this team inspire any confidence? There are much too many "ifs" and "buts". I don't think we're going to be as bad as the national media thinks we are, but honestly I'm having a hard time seeing us go over .500. Too many things have to come together for the Seahawks at this point for us to make any sort of run. The only way the Seahawk's look promising is if you're a fan that can ignore glaring flaws in the roster and coaching staff (Schottenheimer is a joke).

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":ccn9h3vq said:

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Aros, you know better, 40 years plus and the only time the media has been in our corner is when we have slapped everyone else out of the way, be it Holmgren and or Pete, Knox was doing his best till we made the playoffs and everyone then said he never wins in the playoffs just gets his teams to the party but never the last Dance.

In fact the NFL set up the city of Detroit to be a home field for the Stealers and the rest we don't need to get into. Our Bitch slap of the Broncos was felt around the world and made everyone speechless, it took a week for them to start making Manning excuses and accuse the Fans of obtaining tickets illegally for our Home Field advantage there.

We are indeed in South Alaska right on the Nile in the Egypt Province. Just savior the taste when we once again make the Idiots in Media choke and swallow their own words when we rise.

The only time we really got any respect was from the Monday Night Football crew before it went to ESPN. Why because our record was awesome on Mondays and weird shit happens in Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1lwuihzo said:
Seahawks are in a rebuild. It's not going to happen overnight, especially with the lack of draft picks and cap space this year.
But *allas has had no playoff success in over 2 decades and yet they are always on the NFLN/ESPN shows.
Heck, their Lombardi Trophy’s are so old they if they sprouted legs and a mouth, they could legally walk into a bar and order a drink. 8)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Good, let them overlook our guys.
Hopefully this off season has allowed our team, from the top down, to refocus.

Theyll be talking about us come January

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":r9b22gea said:
Aros":r9b22gea said:

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Seattle had a year where they went 9-7. After that they jettisoned their best pass rusher, best defensive tackle, best cornerback, the starting strong safety possibly won't play again, and the starting FS is holding out. We also lost our number two receiver in Richardson and our number 1 redzone threat in Jimmy. We fired our staff, and replaced them with coaches with a spotty track record. We haven't done much in the way of addressing our O-line woes that have been persistent for many years now either. As good as Solari's track record is -- he won't be able to magically make things better over night.

If you're looking at the Seahawks from an outsiders prospective, how exactly does this team inspire any confidence? There are much too many "ifs" and "buts". I don't think we're going to be as bad as the national media thinks we are, but honestly I'm having a hard time seeing us go over .500. Too many things have to come together for the Seahawks at this point for us to make any sort of run. The only way the Seahawk's look promising is if you're a fan that can ignore glaring flaws in the roster and coaching staff (Schottenheimer is a joke).
Mostly solid points except for the offensive coaching staff, which if they are anywhere close to average will be a HUGE improvement over the previous fellas. ...and while unproven I think the Hawks nailed this draft and will get some instant impact players out of it.

Now what was *allas’ record last year, and why are they getting pub????
That team has been mediocre as hell for 2 decades plus.... same ownership same headcoach but different results??? nope.

I can see the hype for the Rams, and the up and coming Niners, though I think they will struggle more than most but the arrow is headed up, but these goofuses always pick *allas and they go out and crap the bed every time. Though I do get a kick out Michael “Crackhead” Irvin’s annual “Cowboys are going to win the SuperBowl and I mean it this time” prediction. 8)

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I have Sirius Satellite Radio. I listen to the NFL channel all season long and monitor it during the off season. They had a segment on yesterday covering the Seahawks O-line and how the new coaches and players will pan out. It was a very detailed segment. 15 minutes long. Jim Miller is easy to listen to. He explains things very thorough. He's got me feeling good about this season and the offense.

NFL.com has had some articles of late. Not as much as they have the last 5 or 6 years but at least they're there.

Look at the bright side, they've come a loooong way since the Behring years.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Aros":1n2tuulw said:
adeltaY":1n2tuulw said:

The sadly humorous thing about your post is that I literally hear far more about those teams you mentioned then I ever hear the Seahawks mentioned. I am totally not joking.

I am trying to think of a team that is less talked about than the Seahawks. The Bills are close. Bengals too. Wow, when you have been in the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years, been in two Super Bowls in that time, winning one, ALMOST winning the second back-to-back, have a super star QB and...

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

You're definitely being dramatic now. Im willing to bet I watch just as much NFL Network as you and the Cardinals, Bucs, Bears, Bengals, Bills, and Dolphins are never discussed either.

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ylkhb0t5 said:
Spin Doctor":ylkhb0t5 said:
Aros":ylkhb0t5 said:

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Mostly solid points except for the offensive coaching staff, which if they are anywhere close to average will be a HUGE improvement over the previous fellas. ...and while unproven I think the Hawks nailed this draft and will get some instant impact players out of it.

Now what was *allas’ record last year, and why are they getting pub????
That team has been mediocre as hell for 2 decades plus.... same ownership same headcoach but different results??? nope.

I can see the hype for the Rams, and the up and coming Niners, though I think they will struggle more than most but the arrow is headed up, but these goofuses always pick *allas and they go out and crap the bed every time. Though I do get a kick out Michael “Crackhead” Irvin’s annual “Cowboys are going to win the SuperBowl and I mean it this time” prediction. 8)

Why do you think the Seahawks "nailed" this draft? Even the first round RB is currently only getting snaps with the 2s... That's not promising for an "instant impact" player. Not to say he couldn't develop into a great back, but zero draft picks running with the 1s is not a good sign. Especially when so many veteran stars were let go or are injured. You'd expect at least a handful of rookies to be getting reps with the 1s.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Aros":vxaja66s said:
adeltaY":vxaja66s said:

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

Aros....you nailed it! We live in the far reaches of the Northwest. Over 2/3's of the US population live East of the Mississippi. Look at the map....it is a long way from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. The next closest team is 800 miles to the South. When we are as isolated as we are......fewer people care about us.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2any58og said:
Aros":2any58og said:
adeltaY":2any58og said:

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

Aros....you nailed it! We live in the far reaches of the Northwest. Over 2/3's of the US population live East of the Mississippi. Look at the map....it is a long way from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. The next closest team is 800 miles to the South. When we are as isolated as we are......fewer people care about us.

Until they want to fly somewhere, buy anything on the planet online, use a PC, or build a home with real wood....then they love the hell out of us!!...(but sadly few know where it even came from) :idea:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Aros":10nlmarg said:

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Its hard to not see the Vikings/Eagles as talking about in the NFC though. They played to go to the superbowl and havent lost much. Vikings have gotten better IMO, with adding Cousins at QB, getting Cook back at RB who was the NFL leading rusher when he got injured for the season, and adding Kendall Wright as the 3rd WR behind Diggs and Thielen. And from what I have been reading Treadwell has been tearing it up in the offseason so far who was a 1st round pick a few years ago.

Then on the defensive side they added Richardson who I thought played really well for us last year, and drafted Mike Hughes to a pretty stacked secondary allready.

If they are talking about Giants/Cowboys idk why. I wouldnt consider either of those teams to be much of anything special or above the Seahawks

Hawk1217

Reaction score
People can speculate all they want, the reality is they don't know, Know one does, we could go 5-11 or 11-5. We will see. I think we have a great shot at the playoffs, but again it all depends on how the offense runs, and how quickly the defense picks it up, oh and if our FG kicker can be consistent.

James in PA

Reaction score
The national sports media generally seems to be of the mindset “if you have an elite quarterback, you always have a chance.” Most now recognize Russell Wilson as a top 3 guy. So why that old rule of thumb doesn’t apply to the Hawks is beyond me. Look, they are going to be better at running the ball. I’m excited to see the offense. Will the d take a step back? Quite possibly, but that is the side of the ball I’d much rather have them try to “coach up.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every year there is a team or two that the "experts" claim will suck and they turn out pretty good. And vice versa. Hype hype hype and the team misses the playoffs.
Just my opinion, but it's clear that many WANT the Hawks to fail. Good, hope they continue to write them off.
I still expect that they will be back in the playoffs in 2019 though.