Michael Robinson Says 49ers Will Sweep The Hawks In 2018

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As we continue the "Nothing To Talk About" portion of the year, I submit Michael Robinson, on NFL Network, predicting the 49ers record game-by-game and lo and behold he has the Hawks losing both games. Say whaa?

I guess the Jimmy G love runs deep. Even with former Seahawks.

Come on Mike Rob! :177692:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
QuickLightning":1lqx6o0i said:
Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.

I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?

Hawk1217

Reaction score
I don't believe they will win both against us at all, but we will see.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":3h1qf3yq said:
As we continue the "Nothing To Talk About" portion of the year, I submit Michael Robinson, on NFL Network, predicting the 49ers record game-by-game and lo and behold he has the Hawks losing both games. Say whaa?

I guess the Jimmy G love runs deep. Even with former Seahawks.

Come on Mike Rob! :177692:

Unfortunately MRob was a former Whiner also. So now we see his true colors come out finally. Sorry Michael.....you just became the latest hater / fool. :pukeface: :3-1:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps he's simply doing this to motivate our guys and light a fire under them.

You know, reverse phychology

adeltaY

Reaction score
I saw him and David Carr pick the Rams' schedule and they had the Rams sweeping the Niners but splitting with the Hawks. come on, I don't think either will sweep us, but if you had to pick one at this point, it'd be the Rams. Also if the Niners are that good, why would the Rams sweep them but not us? If anything, the Rams have our number and we have the Niners' number and the Niners have the Rams' number. :mrgreen:

Jac

Reaction score
adeltaY":1wuiu0ua said:
I saw him and David Carr pick the Rams' schedule and they had the Rams sweeping the Niners but splitting with the Hawks. come on, I don't think either will sweep us, but if you had to pick one at this point, it'd be the Rams. Also if the Niners are that good, why would the Rams sweep them but not us? If anything, the Rams have our number and we have the Niners' number and the Niners have the Rams' number. :mrgreen:

Yeah, this makes no sense. I was going to say that Robinson is probably basing his picks off of what this team "isn't" versus what this team "is". The big name players that left (or are leaving) this offseason are the guys he played with, so that's what he sees at a surface level. You have to really study this team (frankly, like the folks on this message board) to project how this upcoming season will really play out. But again, the Rams picks aren't necessarily consistent with that either.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We’ll see Miley, we’ll see.

Just another talking head talking their empty opinion. sleeping on Seattle has become popular. There will be teams that are better than the talking heads think and teams that will be worse. Mike has lost a lot of his cache since becoming a talking head. It is rarer and rarer for him to say much of anything meaningful anymore, lately it’s just Real Rob rubbish.

Without seeing any of the teams play a down it’s all speculation and empty time wasting opinion.

For those here who are gamblers, does anyone know if there are any betting lines on a SF sweep of Seattle in divisional play or is this just slobber Jimmy G’s knobber? The betting lines would offer at least some objective analysis.

Seymour

Reaction score
I saw this segment on Total Access last night and the worst part about his prediction was they go 9-7 and still beat us twice. Not like he picked them to be great more us to be bad.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It makes sense. The Hawks lost a lot of big/famous pieces this last year. That's what folks like MRob are focusing in on. It's hard to blame them. Also, MRob as personally connected to folks like Sherm, Avril, Bennett, etc. So I'm sure there's a personal element there.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
nanomoz":2spvlzk4 said:
It makes sense. The Hawks lost a lot of big/famous pieces this last year. That's what folks like MRob are focusing in on. It's hard to blame them. Also, MRob as personally connected to folks like Sherm, Avril, Bennett, etc. So I'm sure there's a personal element there.

"Friends forever" works with team sports as well. Untested players have to prove themselves.....period!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":1ozrawkm said:
QuickLightning":1ozrawkm said:
Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.

I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?

He knew the older Seahawks. He hardly knows anything about this current roster. Russ, Earl, Kam, Doug, Bobby, KJ, Jon Ryan, B Max. That's about it. Everyone else he played with is gone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

A team where the following was true last year:

No run game

One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.

Now add:

The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.

Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? Certainly, I can see how we can beat the 49ers but it isn't crazy at all for us to drop a game or both against them. Certainly wouldn't shock me to lose twice to a Rams team that SHELLED us and literally made a laughingstock of us at home. And that Rams team got better. And losing twice to the 49ers wouldn't be crazy at all (though it would suck).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":186vfnqc said:
The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

A team where the following was true last year:

No run game

One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.

Now add:

The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.

Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? Certainly, I can see how we can beat the 49ers but it isn't crazy at all for us to drop a game or both against them. Certainly wouldn't shock me to lose twice to a Rams team that SHELLED us and literally made a laughingstock of us at home. And that Rams team got better. And losing twice to the 49ers wouldn't be crazy at all (though it would suck).

Don't forget, Arizona has our number at C Link, too. Of course we have theirs at their house.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The other thing is when we play the 49ers.

That Chargers, Rams, Packers, Panthers stretch is going to be brutal.

We could conceivably lose 3 of 4 of those games (Panthers more because of that 10am issue). That leaves the 49ers game coming up either a way to put the pieces back together because of a string of losses OR the team falling apart because of those losses. (I think we win that one though because at home and a night game but...)

Then the team would have to play the Vikings - who at the tail of the year are probably motivated to still fight for playoff position. If we lose that, the doors fall off and the 49ers beating us the next week in their house becomes very likely.

It wouldn't be crazy. And yes, if they did lose that 1st 49ers game they would almost assuredly lose that 2nd one. So a sweep would not at all be an unreasonable prediction. Evaluating it in context, that stretch is going to be a rough one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at it this way, our guys are going to be forged in fire this year, if they get it and things click next year we should be able to challenge anyone.