POLL: How Long Until The Hawks Get Back To The Super Bowl?

How Soon Will It Take For The Hawks To Get Back To The Super Bowl?

• This year. (mic drop)

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • 2 years at least.

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • 3 years at least.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • 4 years at least.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5 years or longer.

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Retool. Rebuild. Refine. Reload.

Semantics aside, how soon do you think it will take the Seahawks to get back to elite/Championship-caliber?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
We can't rule out anything. The Eagles showed this year that strange things can happen, like winning a Super Bowl against the Patriots with Nick Foles at QB. A Pete Carroll-coached defense always has a chance to be good. Russell Wilson is a great QB. Finally having a smarter OC could pay huge dividends for the offense.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
There are variables in all this. For instance, are we presuming we keep KJ, Wagner, and Wilson? That will matter a lot.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely variables for days. That's what makes the poll utterly unscientific and fun.

chris98251

Reaction score
3 years, this year is getting experience and chemistry, next year is the push for the playoffs and learning how to win when the spotlight on, the next year would be the break thru season. This is all given health and no aberrations as far as weird flags that do something that derail things.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it matters on how the ET situation is handled. They sign him longterm I think they might be able to make the playoffs this year, and compete for a SB next year. If he is traded for peanuts, or holds out half a season it’s going to set the team back substantially.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
5 years. After Carroll retires in 2019, it'll take 3 years for a new coach to put the pieces together.

mrblitz

Reaction score
they're in the thick of things right now, and the media pundits aren't even aware. this is a great seahawks squad! it will be something like 5 or 6 weeks into the season, and the media (espn, s.i., etc.) will wake up and realize seahawks are totally in the mix...

getnasty

Reaction score
I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Ahh, now see your header is different to me than the actual poll question. I voted quickly this year without hesitation thinking playoffs and having a shot was "back." My true answer to the poll would be 2 years at least. While I truly believe we make the playoffs this year and are improved, I think it takes a couple years to have a legitimate shot at a Superbowl.

I really like the young talent we have and the energy/buzz going on there. I think the addition of Solari and the change to Schotty make a world of difference.

Go Hawks!!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":18ihrrxb said:
Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!

I was thinking a few were being facetious.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk1217":3p4ourab said:
There are variables in all this. For instance, are we presuming we keep KJ, Wagner, and Wilson? That will matter a lot.

I wouldn't presume anything beyond Wilson.

If Griffin pops at WILL, then I doubt we extend KJ, and we probably will extend Bobby..........but even that might not happen if he shows signs of decline this year and/or gets hurt.

As far as the question, I think if we have another couple drafts like this one, we should be close again in two years. Still need to restock the defense, especially the line and defensive backfield.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":2ao0tg4v said:
Seymour":2ao0tg4v said:

Could be, but that is quite a few smart asses isn't it? I didn't know there were than may of "us" on here LOL. :twisted:

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":d16upeyx said:
Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

Nope! Were going to the SB with or without you Bro!! :sarcasm_off:

Realistically....it's off season and it's fun to speculate....but ya, nobody knows much till at least pre season to see how much hype shakes out I agree.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":dfdv3tp5 said:

Yes, we should shut the forum down until the first eight games are played.

No reason to spend time having interesting and engaging conversations speculating about how long it might take to get back to a SB with the current and future roster.

That's utter nonsense........................ANGUISH, SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN UNTIL GAME 8!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":3owefqil said:
Seymour":3owefqil said:

Or hoping that the negative nancies would make the exact sputtering responses that they did.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38uiho1h said:
Bigpumpkin":38uiho1h said:

Yes, we should shut the forum down until the first eight games are played.

No reason to spend time having interesting and engaging conversations speculating about how long it might take to get back to a SB with the current and future roster.

That's utter nonsense........................ANGUISH, SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN UNTIL GAME 8!!

Orrrr....we could at least wait until after the playoffs and completely take the prediction out of our prediction. :2thumbs:

mistaowen

Reaction score
If the offense can learn how to score points before the 3rd quarter, I don't see why this team can't compete in every game. Russell is still Russell, couple that with an actual running game so the defense isn't on the field for 75% of the game, I think they should be okay. Pete will have to be a little less vanilla on defense while the new guys get up to speed but I trust him working with that side of the ball.

Rams went all in this year so it'll be tough to get the NFC West, especially with the growing pains that'll show up early on, but a WC seed isn't unrealistic IMO.