Coach Solari Mic'd Up

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[youtube]hW3v-4c0hIA[/youtube]

Does Solari remind anyone else of R. Lee Ermey?

R-Lee-Ermey-Dies-74-Years-Old.jpg

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
“It’s just a different attitude, different perspective on things,” Britt said. “He’s been around football for a long time, he’s done what he’s doing for a long time. He’s definitely got different experience, different tactics on how he coaches, and it’s been great. Our room is younger, with the exception of Duane and D.J. Our room is on the younger side, so to have someone like coach Solari come in and be real repetitive on how he does things and how he teaches the technique, I think he has done a really good job bringing us along. I don’t think there’s a lot of guys who are out there feeling lost. I think they’re feeling prepared and ready to go.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... ut-in-2018

mistaowen

Reaction score
Duane Brown must love working with this guy, if he can get this unit to just average the offense should look normal again. Really excited to see how the running game changes this year with Carson, Penny, and Prosise/Mckissic.

Jac

Reaction score
I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

[youtube]bjrgEspoxgk[/youtube]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawknation2018":233xc97k said:
[youtube]hW3v-4c0hIA[/youtube]

Does Solari remind anyone else of R. Lee Ermey?

R-Lee-Ermey-Dies-74-Years-Old.jpg
Which lineman word be Pvt Pyle?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
After watching both videos, one thing is very clear. Solari and Cable seem to have two very different coaching styles

chris98251

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3362xfaj said:
After watching both videos, one thing is very clear. Solari and Cable seem to have two very different coaching styles

One that works and one that doesn't? :)

sdog1981

Reaction score
The balance that Solari was talking about is a very important part of line play. Too many times Seahawks Olinemen where attempting to block a guy standing on one leg because they lost their balance point. It seems simple but it is very hard to do. All of your power on the football field comes from you keeping your feet planted.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Jac":iyur9wyk said:
I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

I heard awhile back Duane Brown commenting on the difference in coaching between the two.

He said Solari is focused on technique, the little stuff.

I believe he said Cable is a bigger picture guy, why they are doing what they are doing. X's and O's I guess.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1x3j6vjp said:
Jac":1x3j6vjp said:

I heard awhile back Duane Brown commenting on the difference in coaching between the two.

I believe he said Cable is a bigger picture guy, why they are doing what they are doing. X's and O's I guess.

Hmmm... I would say that linemen should be more worried about how to do something before they worry about why. We'll see what happens.

BigMeach

Reaction score
WmHBonney":25fztgiy said:
twisted_steel2":25fztgiy said:
Jac":25fztgiy said:

Hmmm... I would say that linemen should be more worried about how to do something before they worry about why. We'll see what happens.

Yeah no kidding, I would argue that everything you want to do well you should focus on technique first. Technique is fundamentals, fundamentals are everything.

On top of that, Cable would recruit fresh prospects with no experience and then focus on the X's and O's?! If true that just seems crazy to me. No wonder he failed.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yes that and by the time he was able to coach any of them up their contract was up and it was time for them to move on to another team. Amazing that anyone could see success coming from such a system.

sdog1981

Reaction score
brimsalabim":nddox621 said:
Yes that and by the time he was able to coach any of them up their contract was up and it was time for them to move on to another team. Amazing that anyone could see success coming from such a system.

He never coached anyone up. They would only improve once they started working for another line coach. Good teams are built with 3-7th rounders on the Oline. The key to that plan is having an Oline coach you can identify and coach players Cable could do nither.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he never coached anyone up. He coached up atleast one project guard that I'm aware of.

Own The West

Reaction score
X's and O's, but nothing like, "Don't throw yourself on the ground after the snap"?

I think it's telling that Solari was teaching them proper technique - put your hand here, not here. Whereas Cable tells Hunt he can't expect good technique at this level.

Also, I think Solari is really in touch with his young players priorities. "Where's the hoes? Where's the hoes? Where's the hoes!?" :sarcasm_off: