Jon tells John... "I'm going to make you look really dumb"

Seymour

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like the confidence, but I highly doubt he beats out the kid. He'll probably end up on another team regardless.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Always loved The Ginga Ninja. I am rooting for him.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":1nnuex87 said:
Always loved The Ginga Ninja. I am rooting for him.

That is the dilemma right there. Root for Ryan to pull through (he is the last surviving pre Carroll Seahawk left) , or hope Dickson proves to be the huge weapon that he's been hyped to be. We know what we have in Ryan, so I'll have to hope Dickson is the new Thunderfoot, and makes him look silly personally.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Seymour":1oor5pk0 said:
LOL.
Gotta love this guys spunk. But if last year is any indication, I think not personally.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...lls-gm-im-going-to-make-you-look-really-dumb/

"If you let me, I'm going to compete my ass off, harder than you've ever seen," Ryan told Schneider. "I love you. I have so much respect for you. But one way or the other, I'm going to make you look really dumb."

Yeahhhhhhh, I saw this earlier today. Unless Ryan takes a pay cut, I don't see him getting taken over our fifth round pick of one of (if not the best) punter in this year's draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jmahon316":fngbdalb said:
Yeahhhhhhh, I saw this earlier today. Unless Ryan takes a pay cut, I don't see him getting taken over our fifth round pick of one of (if not the best) punter in this year's draft.

Not just this year's draft, Dickson's been called a generational talent.

Ryan is only thumping his chest because he knows he's gone. Love the guy, but you don't spend a 5th round pick on a punter of Dickson's talent and cut him to spend more money on a vet who had a down year.

Ryan will have no problem finding a job, he's a good punter with plenty of leg left. Just won't be here.

rcaido

Reaction score
Where was this fire last year Ryan! One of my favs, its going to be sad to see him gone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":he4oe53q said:
Where was this fire last year Ryan! One of my favs, its going to be sad to see him gone.
That is my thinking also.
I mean he was horrible last year and did affect some games..It is the NFL
and if you don't do your job well you are gone.

Own The West

Reaction score
Ryan's been around for 10 years. If the new kid is anywhere close, you got to let Ryan go.

21 > 36.

Love Jon Ryan though. Hope he hooks on with another team to close out his career and then comes back to raise the 12 flag and join the circle of honor!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Always liked Ryan, but I'm rooting for the rookie here.

Steve2222

Reaction score
So it takes the team drafting a punter for you to get your head out of your ass and compete Jon? Way to admit you were being complacent all this time.

sutz

Reaction score
Jon is just worried about losing his good gig pimping roofs.

Oh, wait, Haniger already stole that one.

:twisted:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hmmm. Ok fine show your resolve (kind of of making yourself a victim to motivate you) but let's be honest, your play last year was atrocious.

Take responsibility for that and then out produce a rookie (who is going to cost way less) then we can talk shit. These guys really need to stop playing mental games and work on their skills.

You have one thing to do.....punter.......spend 8hrs a day on it like the rest of the population does in their profession. If you did that I believe you could still be a great all time punter. You need to prove your worth my friend.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Steve2222":sp57m9tn said:
So it takes the team drafting a punter for you to get your head out of your ass and compete Jon? Way to admit you were being complacent all this time.

He wasn't really admitting complacency as much as he was saying that he was going to a compete at a new level.

You can't compete without actual competition - he hasn't had any real competition until now.

It's extremely difficult to self start and compete against yourself as effectively as you compete against someone or something else, especially when nothing is at stake. Now his job is at stake.

Not sure what your post is getting at.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hope they both do great. If Jon ends up being released, hope he goes to an AFC team that isn't a direct competitor.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1sqt3y78 said:
Steve2222":1sqt3y78 said:

He wasn't really admitting complacency as much as he was saying that he was going to a compete at a new level.

You can't compete without actual competition - he hasn't had any real competition until now.

It's extremely difficult to self start and compete against yourself as effectively as you compete against someone or something else, especially when nothing is at stake. Now his job is at stake.

Not sure what your post is getting at.

Sure you can compete against yourself. LeBron James knows he's the best player in the world. You know what? He gets better and better every year. No one can compete against him yet he doesn't allow that to make him complacent.

Just because you're the only punter on the team doesn't mean you don't have competition. That's a bull**** excuse. You're a professional. You should strive to be the best at your craft. Hell the best punter in the league is in our division. Compete to be better than him. If you can't do that, then a fifth round rookie will come in to take your place.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I just hope the team doesn’t do another Russell and keep two punters.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Zeearend":u7g5cvvq said:
I guess he's also intending this message for other teams. He wants to continue playing.

Winner!
Yep, word is out and now some are saying this is another competition to watch so his name is now in the hat for the teams in need. His statement shows confidence, determination and fight. Employers like those traits.