Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russell Wilson #11 on NFL Top 100 of 2018

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13


  • Seems legit. Probably overrated, but the players tend to do that for star QBs and the league does in general. Glad to see him get a lot of respect, I think the players took into account how difficult of a situation he was in last season.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Like Wagner before him, disrespected.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3181
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • Steve2222 wrote:Like Wagner before him, disrespected.


    Eh, I actually don't think so. Wagner is better at his position than Wilson is at his, but QB is a more valuable position. I'd imagine the top 10 is some ranking of Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Aaron Rodgers, Von Miller, and Brees. I'd have a tough time putting Wilson over any of those guys except Rodgers due to injury (talent-wise, no) and Wentz.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Trrrroy wrote:What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.


    There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • adeltaY wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:Like Wagner before him, disrespected.


    Eh, I actually don't think so. Wagner is better at his position than Wilson is at his, but QB is a more valuable position. I'd imagine the top 10 is some ranking of Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Aaron Rodgers, Von Miller, and Brees. I'd have a tough time putting Wilson over any of those guys except Rodgers due to injury (talent-wise, no) and Wentz.


    Pretty sure every GM would take a QB of Wilson's caliber over any Non-QB positional player. And comparing MLB to QB is silly. Of course Wagner is better at MLB than Wilson is to QB. QB is also an incredibly more difficult position.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • Luke Kuechly is on his last concussion. One more visit to the protocol, and he will retire. Wagner is simply a better player anyway, and he can still mix it up between the tackles on running plays.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 88
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm


  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.


    There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?

    Yep can't see how he is this high, but the players voted on it I guess.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm


  • I'm fine with Rodgers being ahead of him but Wentz? Child Please!
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2676
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.


    There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?

    Whaaaaaat? Wentz? That's a joke.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3181
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • Trrrroy wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.


    There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?

    Whaaaaaat? Wentz? That's a joke.

    I wouldn't say that if you looked at his numbers compared to Wilson playing 3 less games. Still it's not about stats though it's voted on by the players.

    Something I DON'T understand though (Nothing to do with the top 100) is how in the HELL Wilson wasn't the front runner for league MVP. If there was ever a player last year that was the most valuable player to their team he was IT. They probably don't win 6 games without him.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm


  • Was hoping Russ was top 10 but I guess 11 ain't bad considering he pretty much shouldered the weight of the team.

    Had this team finished with a better record and made playoffs, Russ, may have been top 5.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

    "Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

    "Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


  • I am torn because 11th out of how many NFL players is not disrespect per se. However, there is no way in Hell you can convince me that Russell Wilson is not one of the top 5 players in the entire league. At the very least he should have definitely been top 10. Meh. Whatever.

    Come to think of it, Baldwin at 99 is a joke. #justsayin
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12046
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

    Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".




    https://youtu.be/LmrkZcPnpzs
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1468
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • Mistashoesta wrote:
    Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

    Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".


    I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12046
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Best 2017 4th quarter QBR 134.1 with one of the worst OL in the league. An individual with high integrity. We are damn lucky to have him. Overrated??
    impopo
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:43 am


  • Aros wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:
    Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

    Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".


    I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.

    I wanted Tyrann when he entered the league (I may have been a minority that wanted to draft him) but it just didn't happen!
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

    "Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

    "Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


  • Wentz over Wilson is dumb. Gurley over Wilson is super dumb.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1304
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • impopo wrote:Best 2017 4th quarter QBR 134.1 with one of the worst OL in the league. An individual with high integrity. We are damn lucky to have him. Overrated??

    I get that, but you kinda have to count the other three quarters. STILL think he should have been league MVP though.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm


  • Woah settle down yall. Top five? Top five most valuable absolutely, but the list ranks how good the players are. If it was based on value the top 16 (at least) would all be QBs. Philip Rivers is more valuable than Von Miller, but Miller is a much better player.

    I love Russ and have argued avidly that we should re sign him at whatever cost, but he's not top 5 player in this league YET. I 100% believe it is possible.

    And yes I believe Wagner is a better player than Wilson. Wagner is either the best or second best MLB in the league and has three first team all pros, Wilson is #3 to #7 depending on who you ask and has none. Wilson has clear weaknesses in his game while Wagner has none I can think of. Wilson is still more important than Wagner by positional value.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Well a career back up that was a 3rd round pick and many said could go as late as the 5th to the 11th best player rankings isn't bad jump is it, and he has time to move up the ladder still.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23724
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:Well a career back up that was a 3rd round pick and many said could go as late as the 5th to the 11th best player rankings isn't bad jump is it, and he has time to move up the ladder still.


    Exactly! :2thumbs:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Aros wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:
    Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

    Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".


    I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.


    I really thought John would have gone after him aggressively when he became a free agent, imagine the schemes we could run with him in the backfield!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3116
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Love it, the players clearly know how damn good Russ is. Wentz above him is laughable. But, Russ is one of the best in the league, and he's a Hawk. We are lucky to have a guy who can carry a team like that, and yes, he can carry the team. I think he's going to get even better. It's just a list, but being ranked 11th best in the league says a lot about how other players see him as a player. Good point on the Honey Badger, he always gives props to Hawks players. Makes me think he secretly wants to play here.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I think at least he’s recognized as a a top 11 player, but given his year last season with a porous OLine and no running game and being in the conversation for MVP #11 is disrespectful, and underrates him.

    Some of the guys on this list are rated way too high, and others far too low..
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5046
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Yep, every year there are some head scratchers. I like the show and watching the highlights, comments from players etc. No matter how hard I try, I can't get worked up about a list, it has no impact really. To do what he did behind that line, I was thinking he would be around 8 or 9 so pretty close.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • But I agree the biggest head scratcher is Wagner at 21 and Kuechley at 12. Even if you want to say Kuechley is better than Wagner (he's not), he's not 9 spots better. Kuechley is just going off name recognition by the players, just like Rodgers this year.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1666
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • adeltaY wrote:
    Seems legit. Probably overrated
    , but the players tend to do that for star QBs and the league does in general. Glad to see him get a lot of respect, I think the players took into account how difficult of a situation he was in last season.



    Agree. I disagree.

    Sounds about right. Totally wrong.

    This makes me happy. How depressing. :sarcasm_off:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4651
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • All these years later, some still fight the urge to accept that he IS one of the best players in football :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Regardless of placement, no one in the league has a better highlight reel in the same span of time. I'm open to be proven wrong. I'll wait.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    User avatar
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2495
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • Carson Wentz at 3?? :laugh: :rofl: :204070:
    So, Wentz is better than Rodgers, Wilson and Brees? Um...........
    Fun show to watch, but this was by far the funniest of all the selections imo.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Carson Wentz at 3?? :laugh: :rofl: :204070:
    So, Wentz is better than Rodgers, Wilson and Brees? Um...........
    Fun show to watch, but this was by far the funniest of all the selections imo.


    Yeah I agree that's not right IMO. To rank that high as a second year player who had a meh rookie season is too much. Then again, watching his highlights they showed that video, the guy is something else. He could very well end up a top 3 player, he just needs to show it for a few more seasons.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • He's damn good, no doubt. Loved watching him play the game here in Seattle. The real deal. Just way too early to say he's better than that many great QB's.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Tyrann Mattheiu knows wassup.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    User avatar
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12729
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With your sister


  • An NFL scout commented that last year he was Joe Flacco in the 1st half and Joe Montana in the 2nd.

    The question remains how much of that was the offense that was forced on him and how much will that improve with a new OC?

    I do know he was not that bad the years before that. But he never was tremendous the 1st few quarters, though again that could be Pete playing to squeeze the air out of the ball.

    I do know he has done pretty well considering the resources he was provided to work with.

    But the discrepancy between 1st half Russ and 2nd half DangeRuss is pretty big. Hopefully, we close that gap this year.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2851
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:An NFL scout commented that last year he was Joe Flacco in the 1st half and Joe Montana in the 2nd.

    The question remains how much of that was the offense that was forced on him and how much will that improve with a new OC?

    I do know he was not that bad the years before that. But he never was tremendous the 1st few quarters, though again that could be Pete playing to squeeze the air out of the ball.

    I do know he has done pretty well considering the resources he was provided to work with.

    But the discrepancy between 1st half Russ and 2nd half DangeRuss is pretty big. Hopefully, we close that gap this year.


    Wilson was hoping his lineman could block any gap last season.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23724
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Truth. One game we were up in our seats and my wife, who is usually pretty chill, yells "Can SOMEONE block for the Quarterback....Just ONCE?"
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • TwistedHusky wrote:An NFL scout commented that last year he was Joe Flacco in the 1st half and Joe Montana in the 2nd.

    The question remains how much of that was the offense that was forced on him and how much will that improve with a new OC?

    I do know he was not that bad the years before that. But he never was tremendous the 1st few quarters, though again that could be Pete playing to squeeze the air out of the ball.

    I do know he has done pretty well considering the resources he was provided to work with.

    But the discrepancy between 1st half Russ and 2nd half DangeRuss is pretty big. Hopefully, we close that gap this year.


    Over stated here. That was 2017 that happened mainly. Here is 2015 with some semblance of a running game.
    Attachments
    Wilson-2015.jpg
    Wilson-2015.jpg (52.47 KiB) Viewed 239 times
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4651
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

    In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
    in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
    in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent


    So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Hawk1217 wrote:This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

    In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
    in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
    in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent


    So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.


    Thank you! I've been saying this over and over, so glad to see someone else bring it up!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2240
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • I am not sure what you are talking about or the direction some you are veering.

    I am the one that brought it up. But I was pretty clear it was only a massive issue last year.

    However, that quote was from an NFL scout - not me. So let's not pretend it wasn't an issue.

    That said, Wilson always had an issue with slow starts, just as he has an issue with consistency.

    So a lot changed, but if we see that same thing again next year? That would be a problem. Let us hope that Bevell leaving leaves that weird diversion behind too.

    But last year, the difference between 1st half Russ and 2nd half Russ was enormous. And it was a problem.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2851
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Hawk1217 wrote:This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

    In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
    in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
    in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent


    So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.


    Where did you get those numbers? I just posted 2015 above right off NFL.com and they are not the same.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4651
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:
    That said, Wilson always had an issue with slow starts, just as he has an issue with consistency.


    But you haven't backed that assertion up with any facts. A bunch of people just posted his 1st/2nd half splits from several years. So maybe you need to be more specific on what "start" means. Is it 1st Q? B/c again you say this with conviction but don't post the evidence and what people have posted kind of doesn't fit your statement that well. Part of the issue with 1st Q is that it's by far the Q he gets the fewest attempts in. That said his splits still have him at a 91 passer rating, 7.0 YPA and 64.5 comp%. The stat that works toward your argument is that his TD % is lower in Q1 but based on a lot of his other splits being similar I have to think some of that is play calling and just variance. It's not a crazy differential and his INT% is also way down in Q1 so it might be a lack of risk taking in general that leads to that. I mean the splits are clear that Q1 and Q3 are his worst, but not to such a degree that you can just state he's starting slow as a fact without other references. I think maybe the biggest mistake is making lack of scoring in Q1 a direct equivalent of saying Wilson is starting slow. Those things can be very related and tied together w/o being the same.
    erik2690
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 289
    Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm


  • erik2690 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:
    That said, Wilson always had an issue with slow starts, just as he has an issue with consistency.


    But you haven't backed that assertion up with any facts. A bunch of people just posted his 1st/2nd half splits from several years. So maybe you need to be more specific on what "start" means. Is it 1st Q? B/c again you say this with conviction but don't post the evidence and what people have posted kind of doesn't fit your statement that well. Part of the issue with 1st Q is that it's by far the Q he gets the fewest attempts in. That said his splits still have him at a 91 passer rating, 7.0 YPA and 64.5 comp%. The stat that works toward your argument is that his TD % is lower in Q1 but based on a lot of his other splits being similar I have to think some of that is play calling and just variance. It's not a crazy differential and his INT% is also way down in Q1 so it might be a lack of risk taking in general that leads to that. I mean the splits are clear that Q1 and Q3 are his worst, but not to such a degree that you can just state he's starting slow as a fact without other references. I think maybe the biggest mistake is making lack of scoring in Q1 a direct equivalent of saying Wilson is starting slow. Those things can be very related and tied together w/o being the same.


    Very good points. Please post more often and use paragraphs to make it easier for others to read. :)

    Russell was also working with Bevell’s “script” in the first quarter, and he won’t any longer.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1304
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Hawk1217 wrote:This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

    In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
    in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
    in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent


    So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.


    Where did you get those numbers? I just posted 2015 above right off NFL.com and they are not the same.



    ESPN and your right they are not the same HMM oh well, either way, it makes the same point.

    BY the way was it just me or was it a little hard to find on NFL.com
    Last edited by Hawk1217 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    erik2690 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:
    That said, Wilson always had an issue with slow starts, just as he has an issue with consistency.


    But you haven't backed that assertion up with any facts. A bunch of people just posted his 1st/2nd half splits from several years. So maybe you need to be more specific on what "start" means. Is it 1st Q? B/c again you say this with conviction but don't post the evidence and what people have posted kind of doesn't fit your statement that well. Part of the issue with 1st Q is that it's by far the Q he gets the fewest attempts in. That said his splits still have him at a 91 passer rating, 7.0 YPA and 64.5 comp%. The stat that works toward your argument is that his TD % is lower in Q1 but based on a lot of his other splits being similar I have to think some of that is play calling and just variance. It's not a crazy differential and his INT% is also way down in Q1 so it might be a lack of risk taking in general that leads to that. I mean the splits are clear that Q1 and Q3 are his worst, but not to such a degree that you can just state he's starting slow as a fact without other references. I think maybe the biggest mistake is making lack of scoring in Q1 a direct equivalent of saying Wilson is starting slow. Those things can be very related and tied together w/o being the same.


    Very good points. Please post more often and use paragraphs to make it easier for others to read. :)

    Russell was also working with Bevell’s “script” in the first quarter, and he won’t any longer.



    Therein lies what I believe is the biggest issue with starts the scripted plays.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Hawk1217 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    erik2690 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:
    That said, Wilson always had an issue with slow starts, just as he has an issue with consistency.


    But you haven't backed that assertion up with any facts. A bunch of people just posted his 1st/2nd half splits from several years. So maybe you need to be more specific on what "start" means. Is it 1st Q? B/c again you say this with conviction but don't post the evidence and what people have posted kind of doesn't fit your statement that well. Part of the issue with 1st Q is that it's by far the Q he gets the fewest attempts in. That said his splits still have him at a 91 passer rating, 7.0 YPA and 64.5 comp%. The stat that works toward your argument is that his TD % is lower in Q1 but based on a lot of his other splits being similar I have to think some of that is play calling and just variance. It's not a crazy differential and his INT% is also way down in Q1 so it might be a lack of risk taking in general that leads to that. I mean the splits are clear that Q1 and Q3 are his worst, but not to such a degree that you can just state he's starting slow as a fact without other references. I think maybe the biggest mistake is making lack of scoring in Q1 a direct equivalent of saying Wilson is starting slow. Those things can be very related and tied together w/o being the same.


    Very good points. Please post more often and use paragraphs to make it easier for others to read. :)

    Russell was also working with Bevell’s “script” in the first quarter, and he won’t any longer.



    Therein lies what I believe is the biggest issue with starts the scripted plays.


    Bevell would use the script sheet well into the second quarter regardless of seeing things that worked and then never went back to them because we didn't have a lead, he baffeled me on how he chose to not make them stop anything that did work in the first half. One thing that I liked about Holmgren he would have a script but if he found a weakness he would start explotining it till they stopped it if they could.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23724
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • It is mainly the first quarter and early second quarter that I believe he
    has issues with.
    The numbers look better because late in the second quarter is where he
    plays in hurry up and gets a big boost in his stats.
    He also gets the same boost late in the fourth quarter as well..
    He is "Hero ball" at it's finest..You can't take that from him.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3819
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hawk1217 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    erik2690 wrote:
    But you haven't backed that assertion up with any facts. A bunch of people just posted his 1st/2nd half splits from several years. So maybe you need to be more specific on what "start" means. Is it 1st Q? B/c again you say this with conviction but don't post the evidence and what people have posted kind of doesn't fit your statement that well. Part of the issue with 1st Q is that it's by far the Q he gets the fewest attempts in. That said his splits still have him at a 91 passer rating, 7.0 YPA and 64.5 comp%. The stat that works toward your argument is that his TD % is lower in Q1 but based on a lot of his other splits being similar I have to think some of that is play calling and just variance. It's not a crazy differential and his INT% is also way down in Q1 so it might be a lack of risk taking in general that leads to that. I mean the splits are clear that Q1 and Q3 are his worst, but not to such a degree that you can just state he's starting slow as a fact without other references. I think maybe the biggest mistake is making lack of scoring in Q1 a direct equivalent of saying Wilson is starting slow. Those things can be very related and tied together w/o being the same.


    Very good points. Please post more often and use paragraphs to make it easier for others to read. :)

    Russell was also working with Bevell’s “script” in the first quarter, and he won’t any longer.



    Therein lies what I believe is the biggest issue with starts the scripted plays.


    Bevell would use the script sheet well into the second quarter regardless of seeing things that worked and then never went back to them because we didn't have a lead, he baffeled me on how he chose to not make them stop anything that did work in the first half. One thing that I liked about Holmgren he would have a script but if he found a weakness he would start explotining it till they stopped it if they could.


    Agreed on all counts. Never understood Bevel, loved Holmgren. I also never understood when it was obvious we moved the ball and scored at will in the uptempo, we would only use it when we had to. The few games we used it from start to finish we were great. Not sure if that was Bevel or Pete.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Ridiculous conservative play calling in the first half, for a long while now. It needs to stop.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Next


It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online