Jarran Reed is coming alive

Greenhell

Reaction score
Can't wait. He's shown flashes of power and strength the last few seasons.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Best run stopper in the draft they told us. I hope this year he becomes a monster on that line.

King Dog

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember being told he was a steal in the 2nd round. He's seemed like just a dude so far. Hope he's lights out this season.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Yes, it's time for him to get going. He could be a massive help to the team this year. Stuff them runs.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Apparently he had the best run stop % when lined up at nose tackle as of Nov. 2 last season. That's pretty damn good. I think it's difficult to see his contribution because of his position.

original poster

Reaction score
He is elite against the run, he's primed for a second contract IMO.

I'm most excited about Naz Jones, however. I have a strong opinion of how good he is going to become!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Some of these people saying he is just some guy, and needs to come alive, need to go back and watch him play. The dude doesn't get moved off of the line, double team, don't matter. He is developing into one of the better interior d linemen, and it's about time YOU "wake up" and realize it!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Extremely solid against the run and I remember seeing flashes of him being able to collapse the pocket.

Also, he looks pretty shredded in OP's picture.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think Reed is a solid player and may very well have a good year. That said, at this point in the year, that article is 100% coach speak and means absolutely nothing. The whole "not missing leadership" premise is Pete Carroll play Pete Carroll and trying to talk people into things he would love to believe himself. You don't lose Sherm, Bennett, Avril, Chancellor, and Thomas (yes I still doubt Earl plays here this year), and not miss their leadership on the field.

Chapow

Reaction score
adeltaY":d40g48hd said:
I think it's difficult to see his contribution because of his position.

This.

Reed is already a very good player, but the position he plays and the things he's asked to do don't really rack up the stats.

TruHawkFan9.0

Reaction score
Reed has been a solid pick. Last year he was a stud on the interior & Bobby benefited from it. Excited to see Clark, Jones Reed this year.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Reed was already one of the best run stopping NT in the league (maybe the best, based on run stop %). He is now getting quicker, more explosive, and developing his arsenal of pass rushing moves. I think this is what Carroll means by "coming alive."