The humble, grateful, articulate & detailed Tyler Lockett

Jville

Reaction score
[youtube]GwFpB8d_xl4[/youtube]

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/lockett-tyler-06-14-18/[/urltargetblank]

Steve2222

Reaction score
I had sideline access to a training camp practice last year and talked with him for about 10 minutes. Just a great kid. Didn’t even feel like I was talking to an All Pro NFL player, just a normal dude.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He's probably my favorite personality on the team at the moment. Just a great guy all around. Easy to root for. So glad to see him coming back strong from such a horrific injury.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
He has really matured & that is good to see 'cause he's always been "a nice kid", now he's bordering on a team leader type of vibe, simply because everyone has to like his youth and infection like exuberance and it helps that he is a damn good receiver and returner, I don't think it matters to much to him if he's a #2 or a #3 receiver on this team. He's going to have a great year at both receiving and returning wherever he is positioned on the roster -IMO
:smilingalien:

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I think Tyler shares important traits with compassionate Doug Baldwin. Although Doug enjoys a 3 year head start in developing his rapport with Russell Wilson, similar rapport between Russell and Tyler is clearly growing. An athletic similarity, that I enjoy between the three, is their ability to cut and turn at speed. Tyler, at 75% - 80%, still turned at a useful speed to force defenders to his outside hip to take extra steps and fall into trail. I'm excited about a maturing Tyler Lockett at 100% and look forward to witnessing the joy of his return to tighter high speed turns. Russell looks for attention to detail and technique from his receivers.

Although Tyler may not be quite the old soul that Russell is, his mentors and supporters have certainly advanced his growth in maturity and humbleness to exceed his years on the planet. Tyler is not limited by or strictly dependent on existing athleticism. He has plenty of room to grow in technique, detail and rapport with his mobile launcher and fellow receivers and team mates.

Tyler Lockett's influence and contributions will facilitate team success in 2018. It's gonna be a great show!

EDIT: Today is a special day to acknowledge the efforts of all fathers who strive to help their sons and daughters become the very best they can become. I wish each and every one of you all the very best in your endeavor.

Tical21

Reaction score
No offense, great kid, but we have too many Tyler Lockett's on our team. Bet he plays a really mean air flute.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":19bbqcj6 said:
No offense, great kid, but we have too many Tyler Lockett's on our team. Bet he plays a really mean air flute.

Ya, what a tragedy it would be if he turned out to be another Steve Largent. :sarcasm_off:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tical21":3b2mr4j9 said:

We have too many All Pro returners?

Sweet

Reaction score
Really good?... He's a low tier WR #2, decent WR #3/4.

He wasn't even a starter last year while healthy.

I guess you can consider him a good return man. But as a receiver, he's not good.

chris98251

Reaction score
QuickLightning":15dg0bim said:

I guess you can consider him a good return man. But as a receiver, he's not good.

Guess you didn't read that he was at best 75 to 80 percent last year, certainly not healthy, all of us here posting last season noticed it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":3n6c2gx5 said:
QuickLightning":3n6c2gx5 said:

Guess you didn't read that he was at best 75 to 80 percent last year, certainly not healthy, all of us here posting last season noticed it.

Also, you can not really say a Z receiver is not a starter. Bet he has more time on the field than any fullback or #2 TE on our team.

Tical21

Reaction score
Like I said, I like Tyler in a vacuum. Great kid. But when you take Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner types and replace their attitude with guys like Lockett, the Griffins and Mr. Unlimited, you're gonna be soft. Hence, air fluting after touchdowns. We're going with too may Lockett-ish guys IMO, and he is the Lockettest of all the Lockett-ish guys.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dvk2l2z said:
So you have to be an ass to be a good player? Got it
Yep, that's why Larry Fitzgerald will never amount to a hill of shit either. :177692:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Tical21":1rxjzod8 said:
Like I said, I like Tyler in a vacuum. Great kid. But when you take Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner types and replace their attitude with guys like Lockett, the Griffins and Mr. Unlimited, you're gonna be soft. Hence, air fluting after touchdowns. We're going with too may Lockett-ish guys IMO, and he is the Lockettest of all the Lockett-ish guys.

Get off my lawn. :les:

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah there are guys that are just passive people and generally just nice, and there are generally nice people that can flip a switch when they are in competition. Ask Harden how Soft Steve Largent was, as everyone who lined up against Reggie White on the football field, or Alex Karras. All were great people off the field or as team mates.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, the league is full of really cool, chill guys. But when the game is on, they are extremely competitive and often become another person. Pumping your chest and telling everyone how great you are and/or blabbing on Social Media every chance you get doesn't make you a great player.