Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The humble, grateful, articulate & detailed Tyler Lockett

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • I had sideline access to a training camp practice last year and talked with him for about 10 minutes. Just a great kid. Didn’t even feel like I was talking to an All Pro NFL player, just a normal dude.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1871
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • Thanks for the posted video, JVille. Quite the insightful look at Tyler.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7266
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • He's probably my favorite personality on the team at the moment. Just a great guy all around. Easy to root for. So glad to see him coming back strong from such a horrific injury.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12790
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • He has really matured & that is good to see 'cause he's always been "a nice kid", now he's bordering on a team leader type of vibe, simply because everyone has to like his youth and infection like exuberance and it helps that he is a damn good receiver and returner, I don't think it matters to much to him if he's a #2 or a #3 receiver on this team. He's going to have a great year at both receiving and returning wherever he is positioned on the roster -IMO
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1388
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


  • I think Tyler shares important traits with compassionate Doug Baldwin. Although Doug enjoys a 3 year head start in developing his rapport with Russell Wilson, similar rapport between Russell and Tyler is clearly growing. An athletic similarity, that I enjoy between the three, is their ability to cut and turn at speed. Tyler, at 75% - 80%, still turned at a useful speed to force defenders to his outside hip to take extra steps and fall into trail. I'm excited about a maturing Tyler Lockett at 100% and look forward to witnessing the joy of his return to tighter high speed turns. Russell looks for attention to detail and technique from his receivers.

    Although Tyler may not be quite the old soul that Russell is, his mentors and supporters have certainly advanced his growth in maturity and humbleness to exceed his years on the planet. Tyler is not limited by or strictly dependent on existing athleticism. He has plenty of room to grow in technique, detail and rapport with his mobile launcher and fellow receivers and team mates.

    Tyler Lockett's influence and contributions will facilitate team success in 2018. It's gonna be a great show!

    EDIT: Today is a special day to acknowledge the efforts of all fathers who strive to help their sons and daughters become the very best they can become. I wish each and every one of you all the very best in your endeavor.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7941
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • No offense, great kid, but we have too many Tyler Lockett's on our team. Bet he plays a really mean air flute.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:No offense, great kid, but we have too many Tyler Lockett's on our team. Bet he plays a really mean air flute.


    Ya, what a tragedy it would be if he turned out to be another Steve Largent. :sarcasm_off:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5594
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • I love Tyler.

    My second youngest sons middle name is 'Lockett'.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3166
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Tical21 wrote:No offense, great kid, but we have too many Tyler Lockett's on our team. Bet he plays a really mean air flute.


    We have too many All Pro returners?

    Sweet
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4559
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


  • Too many really good players who carry themselves with class? Sweet
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Really good?... He's a low tier WR #2, decent WR #3/4.

    He wasn't even a starter last year while healthy.

    I guess you can consider him a good return man. But as a receiver, he's not good.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • QuickLightning wrote:Really good?... He's a low tier WR #2, decent WR #3/4.

    He wasn't even a starter last year while healthy.

    I guess you can consider him a good return man. But as a receiver, he's not good.


    Guess you didn't read that he was at best 75 to 80 percent last year, certainly not healthy, all of us here posting last season noticed it.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:Really good?... He's a low tier WR #2, decent WR #3/4.

    He wasn't even a starter last year while healthy.

    I guess you can consider him a good return man. But as a receiver, he's not good.


    Guess you didn't read that he was at best 75 to 80 percent last year, certainly not healthy, all of us here posting last season noticed it.


    Also, you can not really say a Z receiver is not a starter. Bet he has more time on the field than any fullback or #2 TE on our team.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4975
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Like I said, I like Tyler in a vacuum. Great kid. But when you take Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner types and replace their attitude with guys like Lockett, the Griffins and Mr. Unlimited, you're gonna be soft. Hence, air fluting after touchdowns. We're going with too may Lockett-ish guys IMO, and he is the Lockettest of all the Lockett-ish guys.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • So you have to be an ass to be a good player? Got it
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So you have to be an ass to be a good player? Got it

    Yep, that's why Larry Fitzgerald will never amount to a hill of shit either. :177692:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:Like I said, I like Tyler in a vacuum. Great kid. But when you take Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner types and replace their attitude with guys like Lockett, the Griffins and Mr. Unlimited, you're gonna be soft. Hence, air fluting after touchdowns. We're going with too may Lockett-ish guys IMO, and he is the Lockettest of all the Lockett-ish guys.


    Get off my lawn. :les:
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1822
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • Yeah there are guys that are just passive people and generally just nice, and there are generally nice people that can flip a switch when they are in competition. Ask Harden how Soft Steve Largent was, as everyone who lined up against Reggie White on the football field, or Alex Karras. All were great people off the field or as team mates.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Exactly, the league is full of really cool, chill guys. But when the game is on, they are extremely competitive and often become another person. Pumping your chest and telling everyone how great you are and/or blabbing on Social Media every chance you get doesn't make you a great player.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • A typical recent .net thread.

    “ Player X is healthy again and looking good, is primed for a big season.”

    “Nah, he sucks and is a typical low talent like too many others on the Seahawks.”

    Even where is a basis for some positivity there will always be the negative souls who cannot find a reason to be positive. It’s a discussion board but sometimes the pattern is tiresome.

    With NoE it was quite apparent that not until late in the season did his burst return. Lockett’s game is all about his speed and his quickness and until the burst returned he was pretty much just a guy with some talent but missing that special something. With the revived burst and his returned speed he’s a threat who now has had time to learn to be a pro WR. If he stays healthy I expect him to have a great season. It’s a contract year and he’s hungry.

    Besides that he seems to be a genuinely good person. Lot’sto like about this player.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5403
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Nice guys are great, but have you ever heard that expression that you need some "dawgs?" We have too many flutists, and not enough dawgs. I'm terribly sorry, but this is football, and if you have too many nice guys, you're going to get bullied by teams that have more dawgs. We need less skinny jeans and smiles and walking around barefoot, and more bad-arsed mothers. Reed and Clark are a nice start, but we have too many Justin Britts. This year, all of our pregame interviews and stories are going to be about Russ and the Griffins. I love them, but it is going to make me vomit. We used to be the baddest dude on the block. We used to win that game in the phone booth and kick your ass mentally and physically. Now we are going to smile and unlimited you to submission.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • Dear god man, broken record. We get it already, everything sucks. And Russ is a complete dork, and the team has too many nice guys.
    Better?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Russ is a complete dork, and the team has too many nice guys.
    Better?

    You're getting it.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • I get that you have the Jones for putting down every little thing the guy does. All to make yourself feel better it seems. Good luck with that.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I get that you have the Jones for putting down every little thing the guy does. All to make yourself feel better it seems. Good luck with that.

    excuse me? to make myself feel better? or to win football games?
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • That's exactly why you are putting him down, it makes you feel better clearly. And you think it's actually funny and cool.
    Russ has won at a rate as high as most QB's in the history of the game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:That's exactly why you are putting him down, it makes you feel better clearly. And you think it's actually funny and cool.
    Russ has won at a rate as high as most QB's in the history of the game.

    I don't really get what you're saying. I said Brees is better than him to help me feel good about myself? Dude, maybe you need to get Grounded.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
    Go Hawks.

    Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
    I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
    Go Hawks.

    Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
    I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.

    when did I talk crap about Russ? If you think I'm angry or get angry, you don't know me very well. There has been a definite shift from alphas to betas in the locker room. Do you agree? And having too many betas is not good. Do you agree? That's all I'm saying.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • A little of both is just fine. How nice someone is has nothing to do with how well they play.
    It's all good, I'm too tired to argue over and over again. We see it differently, it's all good.
    I think we both want them to win, that's all the matters. I don't care how it looks. I'll miss Sherm, Bennett etc. But I won't miss the drama or the chest pumping that came along with it.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:A little of both is just fine.

    Absolutely.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • There are plenty of guys on this team that are not lacking confidence on the field. And I suspect it will still be plenty chippy out there. On a side note, if you're ever in town for a game, I'll buy a beer. Raising a glass w/someone you argue with on here is a great excuse to drink beer.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I think many are confusing antagonists versus reserved types, trash talkers and guys that will bring an attitude vocally often times are the face of a franchise as far as notoriety, other guys many times depending on position can say it all in their play. A combination usually is good, guys vocal can pump up a team like Ray Louis or Sherm. When it gets out of hand is when you start believing your own press clippings many times.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • VERY good points. I think most of us probably worried that this team would have players who got a little full of themselves at some point. Unfortunately, it happened to a few, and they had to be sent off. I love the fire of guys like KJ and Wags. They are plenty fired up out there. They just don't need to scream out how great they are. But they are plenty intense and get the job done.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • It's weird that we need "dawgs" like Bruce Irvin around, who was little more than a role player on our defense in its heyday. We had far better players and leaders on the field at that given time, who are not brash, outspoken d-bags, like Earl, Kam, Bobby, KJ, and Cliff. Were Sherm and Bennett great players and outspoken at the time? Yes, but that "swagger" turned toxic and seemingly infected the chemistry of the entire team. Even Marshawn fell victim to his own ego and swagger turning toxic to a certain extent.

    I'll take consummate pros who have insane intensity on the field over some flash-in-the-pan loud mouths who just want to be heard while they're in the limelight. You don't need some dude that acts like he should be on the streets or in prison to bring intensity and leadership to a team.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1822
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • Mora wanted dirtbags, as well. :roll:
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6459
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:It's weird that we need "dawgs" like Bruce Irvin around, who was little more than a role player on our defense in its heyday. We had far better players and leaders on the field at that given time, who are not brash, outspoken d-bags, like Earl, Kam, Bobby, KJ, and Cliff. Were Sherm and Bennett great players and outspoken at the time? Yes, but that "swagger" turned toxic and seemingly infected the chemistry of the entire team. Even Marshawn fell victim to his own ego and swagger turning toxic to a certain extent.

    I'll take consummate pros who have insane intensity on the field over some flash-in-the-pan loud mouths who just want to be heard while they're in the limelight. You don't need some dude that acts like he should be on the streets or in prison to bring intensity and leadership to a team.

    Exactly, he was a role player. So is Lockett. Am I crazy, or is it possible that being bad-asses and winning the street fight every week contributed greatly to our success? You take the majority as consummate pros, and you’re gonna get your ass kicked if you try to win with your running game and defense by some team with more bad-asses.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • Who says you have to be a jerk to be successful in the NFL?

    You can win that street fight by being smarter, tougher, stronger, faster, or fundamentally better at playing ball. Between being a jerk and being a better player, give me the better player.

    You say Lockett is a flutist, just what is your definition of a flutist? Who are the others you imply are holding the team back?

    To me a guy coming back from a broken ankle and playing at an average to better than average level is demonstrating toughness, I wonder if perhaps you have a size bias against this player, or you just are biased against him generally? Lockett’s performance for part of his job here has been superior at times, he’s shown real skill as a WR, by using his quickness and speed, he is clearly a top level returner. Besides Baldwin who is a better WR on the team?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5403
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

    Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • Tyler Lockett is a valued team member of a combined force.

    Winning strategies embrace the power of diversity as well as the overwhelming leverage provided by combined forces. Those that don't treasure and respect that ...... do so at their own peril.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7941
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
    Go Hawks.

    Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
    I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.

    when did I talk crap about Russ? If you think I'm angry or get angry, you don't know me very well. There has been a definite shift from alphas to betas in the locker room. Do you agree? And having too many betas is not good. Do you agree? That's all I'm saying.

    Talk to anyone who knew or met Junior Seau and they’ll tell you what a sweet, kind man he was. That had nothing to do with his play on the field.

    Troy Polamalu: same deal. Super nice, sweet guy off the field, monster on it.

    Walter Payton: nice guy, good dancer, practical joker. On the field he would deliberately try to run guys over and punish them so they wouldn’t want to tackle him.

    How about Mr. Largent? Seems like a good dude to me. He still slobber-knocked Harden.

    Guys can be “dawgs” on the field and still be so-called “betas” off of it.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6820
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • Exactly, plenty of people become "that other person" on the field.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10408
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Tical21 wrote:I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

    Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.


    Not every person has to be a Lynch. We need some, but Tyler is fine for what he is. Quit angling for attention.

    And everyone else...the sooner you quit feeding these trolls, the sooner they go away.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16051
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

    Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.


    Not every person has to be a Lynch. We need some, but Tyler is fine for what he is. Quit angling for attention.

    And everyone else...the sooner you quit feeding these trolls, the sooner they go away.

    I angled for attention? Me? Cause that so fits my MO. Pot. Kettle.

    I don't care about Seau or Polamalu or whomever. We, us, for the swagger that we need to achieve to play our best, as has been painfully proven over the past few season, need to be the bully. That's how we get our confidence. That's what made other teams wilt. It's the root of all our success. Until we become the bully again, under this regime, we have no shot at getting more rings. Zero. It is really hard to do when you have more humble, grateful, articulate & detailed players than you do bad-arsed mothers.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3764
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • I don't get where you're getting that the Griffins are GOLLY GEE THE SUNSHINE SURE IS GREEEAAAT sort of vibe from. Both of the Griffins are quite physical in their play style. Don't think Clark, Wagner or Reed fit that MO either. We also have another receiver on our team that imitated himself taking a crap on the opposing teams logo in the endzone. Sometimes he is called the second coming of Steve Smith, a very pissed off, angry fellow that played with rage.

    On offense, not very high on Tyler Lockett. He looked like he was plodding around with concrete shoes on last season. The injury he has is one some never recover from. I think he is going to be relegated to slot receiver duty. Something like a Bobby Engram character. Don't know if he will ever be that good, if he ever reaches that I will be stoked. He still has a knack for returning, but as a receiver I think pre 2007 Seahawks Engram is his ceiling. Unfortunately he might be hard pressed to find a lot of playing time with Doug Baldwin around, whom is quite possibly the best WR at working the slot position in the NFL.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2694
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • I think Tical is right that we're missing that alpha dawg mentality now that Sherman is gone, Kam is likely done, and Earl doesn't seem long for the team. Clem, Red, and Mike B also exuded that personality in some way.

    I don't think we need that to win just because we had it when we won last time, just like I don't think we need a dominant run game just because we had it last when we won before. The team needs to evolve with the league and its own changing personnel.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody would point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

    Bennett? When he came here, people were like "who?". Same with Avril.

    Just because you haven't heard them bark, or they don't bark loudly enough for you, don't assume we don't have dawgs.

    They proved it on the field, THEN they barked. Give this group a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise it's bark without bite, and nobody's afraid of that.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2129
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


  • KiwiHawk wrote:Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody would point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

    Bennett? When he came here, people were like "who?". Same with Avril.

    Just because you haven't heard them bark, or they don't bark loudly enough for you, don't assume we don't have dawgs.

    They proved it on the field, THEN they barked. Give this group a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise it's bark without bite, and nobody's afraid of that.

    Avril and Bennett were actually known by anyone who followed the NFL actively. Avril had 11, and 9.5 sacks the two years before he came here. The year we got Bennett he was coming off of a 9 sack season. These weren't exactly nobodies, people were especially aware of Bennett because he was originally a Seahawk. We let him go after an explosive preseason to keep TWO kickers.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2694
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • KiwiHawk wrote:Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody w
    ould point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

    Bennett? When he came here, people were like "who?". Same with Avril.

    Just because you haven't heard them bark, or they don't bark loudly enough for you, don't assume we don't have dawgs.

    They proved it on the field, THEN they barked. Give this group a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise it's bark without bite, and nobody's afraid of that.


    This is somewhat revisionist history IMO. Sherman stepped on the field barking. The LoB definitely did not wait until they were recognized before yapping. They viewed themselves as the best pretty quickly and it took the rest of the league a while to catch up. The "dawg" mentality isn't "We're the best and everyone knows it" it's "We're the best and WE know it and that's all that matters." For example, Jalen Ramsey is a dawg. He was talking trash ever since he stepped on the field, it's just this year when he became an All-Pro and the Jags defense ascended with him that he gets the publicity for it. You don't have to be a first round pick either, you could be a UDFA and still exemplify that mentality - i.e. Jalen's teammate AJ Bouye.

    I'll defer to Spin with regards to Avril and Bennett, he nailed that point.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Next


It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information