New photos of Kam, looks like definitely not coming back

Hawkfish

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/1005822855332839424[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/1005837534247583744[/tweet]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Speaking as a photographer, the difference in those two photos is 99.9% the lighting.

There is a reason we use harsh lighting for athlete portraits. It makes them look more defined and muscular.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hasn't been cleared to rehab and looks fit rather than sloppy. If he's clear, he'll start lifting. If not, thanks for the memories.

original poster

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2k3wofaa said:
Hasn't been cleared to rehab and looks fit rather than sloppy. If he's clear, he'll start lifting. If not, thanks for the memories.

I dread to think what you’d say I look like :D

vin.couve12

Reaction score
original poster":1m3cuz8c said:
vin.couve12":1m3cuz8c said:

I dread to think what you’d say I look like :D
Was more referring to the rate at which you lose muscle per month when you stop lifting. Most start to put on a little fat in place of the lost muscle mass.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just look at his neck and upper shoulders, the neck is thinner and the muscles on the top part of his shoulders coming off his neck no longer are showing as defined. He has a lot to come back from to play again.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Maybe he is planning to move to FS, since ours isn't planning to show up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
With the neck issues, he probably can't lift weights or do much upper body work.

Although, when I had my neck fused (C6-C7-T1), I was able to go back to work a week later. However...my job didn't entail wearing a helmet and getting my head banged at high speeds.

Don't know much about putting on muscle, but I don't think he can get back up to playing weight between now and August.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
That's not Kam. If you look closely you'll notice that the tattoos are on opposite sides.

Jville

Reaction score
The speculation that I've heard from the likes of John Clayton, among others, is that even if Kam Chancellor were to return in 2018, it would not be until sometime after mid season at the earliest. I fully expect Kam Chancellor to eventually be placed on the physically unable to perform list. He is not in the mix to open with the 53 man roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2eid68ls said:
That's not Kam. If you look closely you'll notice that the tattoos are on opposite sides.

Mirror selfy it would be flipped ......................

rjas77

Reaction score
bigskydoc":128mji0g said:
Speaking as a photographer, the difference in those two photos is 99.9% the lighting.

There is a reason we use harsh lighting for athlete portraits. It makes them look more defined and muscular.
I disagree...Look at the difference between the trapezoids...deltoids...pectorals...fact is he's lost a lot of muscle mass...in that area...and I would guess to say such a loss is across the board. As much as I'd like to say...it's clearly not a factor on lighting.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I haven't seen abs like that since the last time I looked in the mirror.

Chapow

Reaction score
Still looks pretty ripped to me. Not huge, but definitely still in awfully good shape. Abs don't look like that unless you are keeping your body fat % quite low.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
He looks pretty yoked to me. Bam Bam knows how to maintain his performance.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1hckretf said:
God, I'd love to be that "out of shape" :lol:

Dude looks to be in great shape IMO. The problem I see is clear loss of upper body mass. Shoulders, lats, neck & face are all thinner. Kams trademark shoulder exploding tackle's will not have the punch they once had for sure.