Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

New photos of Kam, looks like definitely not coming back

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Speaking as a photographer, the difference in those two photos is 99.9% the lighting.

There is a reason we use harsh lighting for athlete portraits. It makes them look more defined and muscular.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Hasn't been cleared to rehab and looks fit rather than sloppy. If he's clear, he'll start lifting. If not, thanks for the memories.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:Hasn't been cleared to rehab and looks fit rather than sloppy. If he's clear, he'll start lifting. If not, thanks for the memories.

I dread to think what you’d say I look like :D
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Hasn't been cleared to rehab and looks fit rather than sloppy. If he's clear, he'll start lifting. If not, thanks for the memories.

I dread to think what you’d say I look like :D

Was more referring to the rate at which you lose muscle per month when you stop lifting. Most start to put on a little fat in place of the lost muscle mass.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Just look at his neck and upper shoulders, the neck is thinner and the muscles on the top part of his shoulders coming off his neck no longer are showing as defined. He has a lot to come back from to play again.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maybe he is planning to move to FS, since ours isn't planning to show up.
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

• With the neck issues, he probably can't lift weights or do much upper body work.

Although, when I had my neck fused (C6-C7-T1), I was able to go back to work a week later. However...my job didn't entail wearing a helmet and getting my head banged at high speeds.

Don't know much about putting on muscle, but I don't think he can get back up to playing weight between now and August.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• That's not Kam. If you look closely you'll notice that the tattoos are on opposite sides.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• The speculation that I've heard from the likes of John Clayton, among others, is that even if Kam Chancellor were to return in 2018, it would not be until sometime after mid season at the earliest. I fully expect Kam Chancellor to eventually be placed on the physically unable to perform list. He is not in the mix to open with the 53 man roster.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Seanhawk wrote:That's not Kam. If you look closely you'll notice that the tattoos are on opposite sides.

Mirror selfy it would be flipped ......................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:That's not Kam. If you look closely you'll notice that the tattoos are on opposite sides.

Mirror selfy it would be flipped ......................

Please tell me you didn't really take him seriously.
    In a cemetery full of Tomahawks.
    Givin’ middle fingers to the pigeons doing somersaults.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:Speaking as a photographer, the difference in those two photos is 99.9% the lighting.

There is a reason we use harsh lighting for athlete portraits. It makes them look more defined and muscular.

I disagree...Look at the difference between the trapezoids...deltoids...pectorals...fact is he's lost a lot of muscle mass...in that area...and I would guess to say such a loss is across the board. As much as I'd like to say...it's clearly not a factor on lighting.
    rjas77
    NET Rookie

• I haven't seen abs like that since the last time I looked in the mirror.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Kam needs to empty his trash.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Still looks pretty ripped to me. Not huge, but definitely still in awfully good shape. Abs don't look like that unless you are keeping your body fat % quite low.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• God, I'd love to be that "out of shape" :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• He looks pretty yoked to me. Bam Bam knows how to maintain his performance.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:God, I'd love to be that "out of shape" :lol:

Dude looks to be in great shape IMO. The problem I see is clear loss of upper body mass. Shoulders, lats, neck & face are all thinner. Kams trademark shoulder exploding tackle's will not have the punch they once had for sure.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Def. looks more lean and cut overall. But I suspect he could get it rolling no problem
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Has he been cleared to workout yet?

Naturally, if he's unable to lift because of his neck, he will lose some muscle. He can gain that back, assuming he's cleared to workout.

At this point, from a human perspective, he should just step away from the game. He has nothing left to prove
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Has he been cleared to workout yet?

Naturally, if he's unable to lift because of his neck, he will lose some muscle. He can gain that back, assuming he's cleared to workout.

At this point, from a human perspective, he should just step away from the game. He has nothing left to prove

No, he hasn't been cleared for "football related activities."

What this picture tells me is Kam is healthy, in good spirits and still wants to help this team win...........just not on the field. If he's anything other than a coach and teacher for the younger players I'd be dumbfounded.

I can't see him playing again. Just no reason to risk it if you're Kam. You made your money, you got your ring, why shorten your life or risk another serious injury.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Has he been cleared to workout yet?

No, he hasn't been cleared for "football related activities."

What this picture tells me is Kam is healthy, in good spirits and still wants to help this team win...........just not on the field. If he's anything other than a coach and teacher for the younger players I'd be dumbfounded.

I can't see him playing again. Just no reason to risk it if you're Kam. You made your money, you got your ring, why shorten your life or risk another serious injury.

Great idea. He would make for an excellent motivator and position coach, if he chose to do so. We would all love to have him stick around the team and organization in some aspect. He's a tremendous person with an infectious attitute.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:With the neck issues, he probably can't lift weights or do much upper body work.

Although, when I had my neck fused (C6-C7-T1), I was able to go back to work a week later. However...my job didn't entail wearing a helmet and getting my head banged at high speeds.

Don't know much about putting on muscle, but I don't think he can get back up to playing weight between now and August.

He won't know what he can do till he has a neck scan later this month..
    Until then all this speculation is useless really but I understand it is boring
    so it's happening.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The man is absolutely shredded
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I'm sure my wife wishes I looked like that :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Meh, go look through his off-season Insta for the last few years, and you will see pictures that are similar to both.

The guy isn't like Earl, who somehow always looks like he just stepped out of a upper body lifting session, even when chilling on the beach, and maintains a single digit body fat percentage during the offseason.

Kam looks a lot bigger when he is mid/post workout than when he is relaxing, and stays closer to 10% body fat in the offseason.

I would say he's dropped 5 pounds tops, if any.

April 2018

June 2016

May 2018

July 2017

July 2015
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:God, I'd love to be that "out of shape" :lol:

Dude looks to be in great shape IMO. The problem I see is clear loss of upper body mass. Shoulders, lats, neck & face are all thinner. Kams trademark shoulder exploding tackle's will not have the punch they once had for sure.

This is the elephant in the room. Neck injuries, while a person can recover from, it tends to destroy upper body strength. Manning had this issue and if you are a wrestling fan Kurt Angle speaks specifically on this.

Definitely rooting for Kam, guess we will see what happens.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information