Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • So you think Earl Thomas would intentionally play poorly? If that's your opinion, then I don't think you know much about Earl Thomas.

I actually think the Seahawks are willing to make Thomas the highest paid safety in the NFL, once again, assuming Thomas stays healthy and proves he is dedicated to football. But they're not willing to do it until after this season. They need to make sure he is healthy and committed to football.[/quote]

I think people generally react to the franchise tag with a slight reduction in play intensity and desire (just naturally not intentionally). The team is basically putting them over a barrel and demanding results for a 1 year deal and the over-riding threat of cutting due to injury and losing out on any future guarantees. It sends the message that the team does not view the relationship with long term goals in mind unless the player submits to lower guaranteed money than he would get in free agency.
    Cowboynation
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cowboynation wrote:
    So you think Earl Thomas would intentionally play poorly? If that's your opinion, then I don't think you know much about Earl Thomas.

I actually think the Seahawks are willing to make Thomas the highest paid safety in the NFL, once again, assuming Thomas stays healthy and proves he is dedicated to football. But they're not willing to do it until after this season. They need to make sure he is healthy and committed to football.

I think people generally react to the franchise tag with a slight reduction in play intensity and desire (just naturally not intentionally). The team is basically putting them over a barrel and demanding results for a 1 year deal and the over-riding threat of cutting due to injury and losing out on any future guarantees. It sends the message that the team does not view the relationship with long term goals in mind unless the player submits to lower guaranteed money than he would get in free agency.

That's not Earl Thomas. He's gone 100% in everything he has done since he was 15 years old. He goes 100% in practice.

It would also be counterproductive, since it is a contract year for him.

The biggest concern for the Seahawks is what happened to him a year and half ago when he suffered a serious injury and then publicly contemplated retirement. They would also like to see what they have in their young safety prospects, which so far isn't that promising. Also, the Seahawks are still paying Kam Chancellor not to play. Next year, the Seahawks will have a lot more cap space available to get an extension done.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Cowboynation wrote:

Good points, but how the Hawks do this year will be the indicator to whether Pete and John think it'd worth the risk to give Earl an extension. If we're back in the playoff hunt and the young roster shows signs of competing immediately? Then yes, having an All Pro caliber safety like Earl would be a good signing because we're back in the SB contention window.

If the team struggles and Pete and John think we're still 2-3 years away from seriously competing? Then no, you don't risk being strapped with a big extension for one of your aging players. You trade him and use that pick to build.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• The way to get Earl in camp is to start Thompson or someone and have them come up big right away, seeing that we have a player ready to step in reduces his leverage even more. We don't have to pay him if he is holding out, we can wait for a team with a need and they happen in pre season to approach us as a need thing and a better offer.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Cowboynation wrote:

Good points, but how the Hawks do this year will be the indicator to whether Pete and John think it'd worth the risk to give Earl an extension. If we're back in the playoff hunt and the young roster shows signs of competing immediately? Then yes, having an All Pro caliber safety like Earl would be a good signing because we're back in the SB contention window.

If the team struggles and Pete and John think we're still 2-3 years away from seriously competing? Then no, you don't risk being strapped with a big extension for one of your aging players. You trade him and use that pick to build.

THIS!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... proposals/
    Six proposals:
    Proposal No. 1: Dallas’ 2019 second-round pick
    Proposal No. 2: 2019 2nd-round pick + TE Rico Gathers
    Proposal No. 3: Conditional 2019 3rd + Charles Tapper
    Proposal No. 4: 3rd-round pick + Kony Ealy
    Proposal 4A: 3rd-round pick + Terrance Williams
    Proposal No. 5: S Xavier Woods + 4th round pick
    Proposal No. 6: CB Jourdan Lewis + 5th-round pick

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Dallas is fine with Jeff Heath at safety? How would Thomas not be a significant upgrade?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Dallas is fine with Jeff Heath at safety? How would Thomas not be a significant upgrade?

Girls are just being stupid, they are disrespecting our Earl with a 2nd rounder, no doubt follow with an el cheapo long term contract offer that totally fails to respect and reflect our Earl as the best FS in the league, a HOF all pro in his prime. With insults like this, Earl will run into another tunnel asking for 'come get me' soon.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/31/dallas-cowboys-earl-thomas-six-trade-proposals/
    Six proposals:

I would do all of these....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Dallas is fine with Jeff Heath at safety? How would Thomas not be a significant upgrade?

No, but the defense needs so much more than an almost 30 Earl Thomas that will cost at least a 3rd round pick plus a massive contract. This all for a safety (and yes, a great one). He is a definite upgrade at the position. Interior line play is horrid.

The team in general is 3 or more years from contending as I believe Dak is a massive question mark after watching him flounder last season without Zeke. The team has few weapons outside of Zeke, and we will see if Dak can burn defenses attacking against the run.
    Cowboynation
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cowboynation wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Dallas is fine with Jeff Heath at safety? How would Thomas not be a significant upgrade?

No, but the defense needs so much more than an almost 30 Earl Thomas that will cost at least a 3rd round pick plus a massive contract. This all for a safety (and yes, a great one). He is a definite upgrade at the position. Interior line play is horrid.

The team in general is 3 or more years from contending as I believe Dak is a massive question mark after watching him flounder last season without Zeke. The team has few weapons outside of Zeke, and we will see if Dak can burn defenses attacking against the run.

I’ve never been impressed by Jason Garrett. He seems like the biggest issue holding the team back, and by extension Jerry Jones for wanting a weak personality as HC.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I’ve never been impressed by Jason Garrett. He seems like the biggest issue holding the team back, and by extension Jerry Jones for wanting a weak personality as HC.[/quote]

Jason is not very popular with most Cowboys fans, but my main beef is Skeletor in the owner's box. His idol is Al Davis, and he runs the team like he will live another 40 years. The Cowboys have won two playoff games since 1996, and gotten only as far as the divisional round. There are so many Cowboy fans convinced the team is on the verge of another dynasty. I just laugh and nod my head.

Jerry likes to be the face of the franchise and for the media to care about what he says. He prefers a weak personality because he likes hogging the spotlight.
    Cowboynation
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Cowboynation wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Dallas is fine with Jeff Heath at safety? How would Thomas not be a significant upgrade?

I’ve never been impressed by Jason Garrett. He seems like the biggest issue holding the team back, and by extension Jerry Jones for wanting a weak personality as HC.

I'm not impressed by Jerry Jones. He's the main reason the Cowboys haven't been in the Superbowl since the 1995 season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:

Girls are just being stupid, they are disrespecting our Earl with a 2nd rounder, no doubt follow with an el cheapo long term contract offer that totally fails to respect and reflect our Earl as the best FS in the league, a HOF all pro in his prime. With insults like this, Earl will run into another tunnel asking for 'come get me' soon.

Earl is not worth more than a second in this climate. Vaccaro, Reid, Mitchell, and Boston (?) are still on the market. All are very good safeties. The truth of the matter is free safeties aren't very valuable at this moment, and Thomas brings with him some question marks concerning retirement. He was contemplating retiring on social media right up until Berry got his big pay day. What is his dedication to the game these days? These are all questions that teams are surely asking themselves.

Once they trade for him, what kind of money is he looking for? He almost surely will not command Eric Berry money in this environment, which is what he is looking for. His asking price has to also be taken into consideration when it comes to trades. Do you want a 75 million dollar free safety that is entering his 30s very shortly? I'm don't think any team is willing to pay that in this climate with a surplus of good safeties available. I think Earl Thomas is pricing himself out of the market, he needs to give up the notion of being paid like Eric Berry.

If Thomas was smart he would be playing out the final year on his contract, hoping that the market is less tepid for safeties come free agency. Right now Earl Thomas is playing himself. He has no leverage at this point in time. Even if the Seahawks safeties weren't good, what is to stop them from going out and getting one of the free agents? He has nothing to gain from this, and a lot more to lose. A businessman Earl is not. Either that or his agent is an idiot.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Cowboynation wrote:The Cowboys have won two playoff games since 1996, and gotten only as far as the divisional round.

Ouch. :shock:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ks-holdout

Earl has spoken, thousands of words, but one could summarized into a country song:

Please release me, let me go
    For I don't love you anymore
    To waste our lives would be a sin
    Release me and let me love again

I have found a new love, dear
    And I will always want her near
    Her lips are warm while yours are cold
    Release me, my darling, let me go

Please release me, can't you see
    You'd be a fool to cling to me
    To live a lie would bring us pain
    So release me and let me love again
    (Let me love, let me love)

Earl sounded just like Loretta Lynn

Needless to say Earl forgot to mention he initiated the divorce by 'come get me', also forgot that he has a contract with the Hawks, nor remember his agent on his behalf promised that he will be at camp. He also failed to remember his excellent work was rewarded by his team with a contract that made him the highest paid safety when he signed it.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/31/dallas-cowboys-earl-thomas-six-trade-proposals/
    Six proposals:

All I accept is the #1.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Earl is not worth more than a second in this climate. Vaccaro, Reid, Mitchell, and Boston (?) are still on the market. All are very good safeties. The truth of the matter is free safeties aren't very valuable at this moment, and Thomas brings with him some question marks concerning retirement. He was contemplating retiring on social media right up until Berry got his big pay day. What is his dedication to the game these days? These are all questions that teams are surely asking themselves.

Once they trade for him, what kind of money is he looking for? He almost surely will not command Eric Berry money in this environment, which is what he is looking for. His asking price has to also be taken into consideration when it comes to trades. Do you want a 75 million dollar free safety that is entering his 30s very shortly? I'm don't think any team is willing to pay that in this climate with a surplus of good safeties available. I think Earl Thomas is pricing himself out of the market, he needs to give up the notion of being paid like Eric Berry.

If Thomas was smart he would be playing out the final year on his contract, hoping that the market is less tepid for safeties come free agency. Right now Earl Thomas is playing himself. He has no leverage at this point in time. Even if the Seahawks safeties weren't good, what is to stop them from going out and getting one of the free agents? He has nothing to gain from this, and a lot more to lose. A businessman Earl is not. Either that or his agent is an idiot.

Boston signed a 1 year deal with the Cardinals worth at most $3 million and likely much less. This was after he called their original offer "insulting." But yes, the safety market is ice cold. Would teams love a player like Earl Thomas? Sure. Would they love him enough to pay him top dollar PLUS adequate trade value to play a position that is currently not valued highly? Clearly not.

I still say his best move would be to get a handshake deal with the team that they A) will trade him if they do get a decent offer and B) will not franchise him next year, and then treat the final year of his contract like a one-year "prove it" deal. He's more likely to get a big contract as a free agent in 2019 than have a team trade for him AND give him a big contract this year.

Come in, Earl, and show the world you're worth the kind of money you're looking for. Maybe you do deserve a contract extension this year, but it's not going to happen. Earn one next year.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ks-holdout

My take on Earl's letter. Do I think Earl Thomas is the same player he was 3-5 years ago? Absolutely not. Anyone with eye's and a little football knowledge can see that ET has slowed down and doesn't play with the fire he once did. He want's two things. 1. The biggest money contract of his career. 2. Full injury guarantee's. Because of inflation and rising contracts in the league I think Seattle will budge and give in to #1. But no way they do #2. Hawks experienced that disaster with Kam. No way they do it again. Earl thinks he's better then ever. Well Earl please tell us why the other 31 teams in the league aren't offering anything significant for a trade? It's simple. You're a 29 year old safety with a lot of wear and tear who's slowed down and simply not worth it.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• The article is really ironic. He tries to share why he's holding out with the hopes that it will get him what he wants, but really he makes the point as to why the Seahawks shouldn't/won't budget... He cites his two friends Sherman/Kam, both of which became more injury prone with age and become worth far less than their contracts.

Hawks have dead money into Kam for the next few years.

More ironic is that Kam got paid once he actually showed up and contributed. Earl is getting bad advice..

From his point of view, I get it, but it's a broken system for the players. Don't get upset at the owners/gms, get upset at whoever negotiated your contract with the owners. The ONLY chance Earl has at getting what he wants, is to show up and do his job, show the team and league that he is still invaluable. OR, wait and hope a contender loses a FS in the first few weeks.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/earl-thomas-seahawks-holdout.

Ahh, the martyr approach. I'm doing this for ALL the players in the league everyone!!

This is what rich people don't understand, you will NEVER..............and I mean NEVER attract empathy or sympathy from the public. You make more in one year than 99% of us will make in a lifetime.

Earl also contradicts himself. He says he understood early with Lofa's release that this is a cold hard business, yet he wants the Hawks to be loyal to him and give him more money for what he's done for them?

Nope.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... gr%5Etweet

Hope the team ends this saga soon so we can go out and sign Reid or Vaccaro if need be. Earl is the new Steve Hutchinson...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Funny when they try to act like some poor victim. They don't complain when their last contract made them one of or the highest paid at their position. A few years later, they are "disrespected"
    Must be soooooo rough making millions to play a sport. I love ya Earl, but enough already.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I defended Earl against everyone clutching their pearls over Comegetmegate, but I'm rapidly losing sympathy for him. I don't think he has a problem "being here", I just think he has a problem with wanting more money.

However...I agree with Rob Staton's take:

‘Just trade him’ comes down to a team making a fair offer. The Seahawks can’t force Dallas to offer a second or third round pick. Seattle paid a second rounder for Sheldon Richardson and a 2+3 for Duane Brown. You can’t blame them for wanting a similar offer for a better player.

So it’s time for Thomas to aim his frustration at the team he wants to join, not the team currently willing to use him in 2018.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• How is that home sale going Earl? Your article does nothing for me. It's a little late in the game to be doubling back isn't it? Funny how he's trying to bring the 12's back to his side after disrespecting the entire organization. And sink a huge investment into Mr retire at the first sign of injury? Pete, Paul, and John are not that stupid....time to move along.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Earl's implication that he signed his last contract at a discount to keep the Legion together is an outright lie.

He signed the richest contract for a safety at the time. How is THAT taking a discount!!

The hole that he is digging is just getting deeper.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• That article is all the recycled tropes from every player holdout in NFL history.
    * NET Staff *

• My thought was, didn't the Seahawks already show loyalty? When Earl broke his leg, they didn't cut him, they stuck with him. They stuck with him while (at the time) being on the largest safety contract in the NFL. I know, this probably doesn't hold up as he probably still had guaranteed money coming to him, but still. :D

Didn't they show loyalty before:

The Seattle Seahawks have locked down hard-hitting safety Earl Thomas long term.

Schein: Why Seattle won't repeat
    Can the Seahawks become the first back-to-back champs since the 2003-04 Patriots? Adam Schein doesn't think so. READ
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport broke the news Monday that the Seahawks and Thomas agreed to a blockbuster four-year contract extension worth $40 million with $27.725 guaranteed, per a source informed of the situation. The pact includes a $9.5 million signing bonus, according to a source involved. In all, the deal will make Thomas easily the highest-paid safety in the NFL.

But now.... after all that, you pull the "I might want to retire", and the Come Get Me fiasco with the Cowgirls, and now the hold out, we're still talking about loyalty? Ok.

That article just came across as whining and self absorbed.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• No matter how great a player he "could be" seems to me Earl's value to Hawks is net negative.

In a return scenario, Earl arrives at the bitter conclusion that the only guarantee money available to him is the $$ in contract and comes back disgruntled and resentful.

Becomes dressing room poison to a young team that currently has an A vibe going.

Starting to look like lose lose proposition.
    canucklehead
    NET Bench Warmer

• canucklehead wrote:
    Becomes dressing room poison to a young team that currently has an A vibe going.

How can Earl be a locker room poison if he's not here? Ask any player what their day to day preparation is like when a player is holding out or injured and not there............they'll say "out of sight out of mind."

Earl's teammates of course want him here, he makes the defense better. But that's football, next man up, we're moving on.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Earl may have already played his last game in the NFL. I think neither side is going to budge.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    How can Earl be a locker room poison if he's not here? .

Agreed.... only poison pen if he remains out.

Locker room poison is if no trade is possible and he realizes he's screwed and has no choice but to end hold out. He's an emotional dude and will not be a happy camper.
    canucklehead
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    canucklehead wrote:

How can Earl be a locker room poison if he's not here? Ask any player what their day to day preparation is like when a player is holding out or injured and not there............they'll say "out of sight out of mind."

Earl's teammates of course want him here, he makes the defense better. But that's football, next man up, we're moving on.

Why did you cut off the previous sentence?

He stated "in a return scenario." The answer is in your cutoff sentence.

canucklehead wrote:No matter how great a player he "could be" seems to me Earl's value to Hawks is net negative.

In a return scenario, Earl arrives at the bitter conclusion that the only guarantee money available to him is the $$ in contract and comes back disgruntled and resentful.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• The team wants him to do his job and only make the $8.5 million he agreed to be paid. Poor multi-millionaire. :(

Don’t extend him unless he returns to the team, stays healthy, and plays well. Certainly don’t give in to a demand to be traded, unless we can get value back. Just sit on his contract until he decides he wants to play and make some money.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    canucklehead wrote:

canucklehead wrote:No matter how great a player he "could be" seems to me Earl's value to Hawks is net negative.

My bad, poor reading comprehension.

It's a fair point..........and if Earl comes back and does a Sherman where he's being negative and divisive, then Pete will deal with it then.

But if Earl does that, he's not helping his cause for being attractive to another team. He needs to be a model player and ball out, only then will other teams consider paying what the Hawks are asking.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Just remember that both teams and players use the public primarily as leverage in negotiation and so their statements should not really be taken at face value. Both sides say stupid stuff in order to move the goal posts.

I think Earl understands the position of the FO just fine, but he also knows that we have a gap at safety and Pete would really like to win this year. Earl's holdout hurts our chances to win and that creates a strong incentive for the FO to resolve the holdout either by trade or an extension.

I don't think the FO is going to just give in to Earl's demands due to concerns about precedents in future years, but it's a losing proposition for the team in either case and they could very well take less for him in a trade than they would otherwise.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:..... they could very well take less for him in a trade than they would otherwise.

I feel like this is the least bad option.
    canucklehead
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    canucklehead wrote:

My bad, poor reading comprehension.

It's a fair point..........and if Earl comes back and does a Sherman where he's being negative and divisive, then Pete will deal with it then.

But if Earl does that, he's not helping his cause for being attractive to another team. He needs to be a model player and ball out, only then will other teams consider paying what the Hawks are asking.

Exactly why I posted that, because I agree it is a fair and pretty logical point. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• "I wish I was at a camp right now — and I’m talking right now. I’m ready. I’ve been preparing my body all off-season to be at an NFL camp.

All I want is to be out there playing. Instead I’m here working out … and waiting" Earl Thomas

LOL, uh, then why not show up? Hes starting to sound like a woman that says nothings wrong!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

• [quote="SpokaneHawks"]"I wish I was at a camp right now — and I’m talking right now. I’m ready. I’ve been preparing my body all off-season to be at an NFL camp.

All I want is to be out there playing. Instead I’m here working out … and waiting" Earl Thomas

LOL, uh, then why not show up? Hes starting to sound like a woman that says nothings wrong![/quote

At an nfl camp but not seahawks camp...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I was part of all of that, and I’m very proud of it. And that’s one of the things about this that’s been very frustrating — this idea that I’m doing what I’m doing because I don’t want to play for Seattle anymore. That’s just not true, man. I love Seattle. But I’d hoped I wouldn’t even have to say that. I’d hoped that the way I’ve played for this team over the last eight years would tell you all you need to know.

I love Seattle.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ks-holdout

The team has an interest in not paying players who are not playing. Of course, the player wants to make as many millions as he can, even if not playing. But don’t pretend you’re doing this for anyone but yourself.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:"I wish I was at a camp right now — and I’m talking right now. I’m ready. I’ve been preparing my body all off-season to be at an NFL camp.

LOL, uh, then why not show up? Hes starting to sound like a woman that says nothings wrong!

At an nfl camp but not seahawks camp...

Interesting.

"at a camp"
    "at an NFL camp"
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:I was part of all of that, and I’m very proud of it. And that’s one of the things about this that’s been very frustrating — this idea that I’m doing what I’m doing because I don’t want to play for Seattle anymore. That’s just not true, man. I love Seattle. But I’d hoped I wouldn’t even have to say that. I’d hoped that the way I’ve played for this team over the last eight years would tell you all you need to know.

I love Seattle.

If Pete pays me what I dictated, I can pretend to love Seattle. With that my dawg, you can go woof somewhere else.

12s let’s move on, I know that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by toffee on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:Just remember that both teams and players use the public primarily as leverage in negotiation and so their statements should not really be taken at face value. Both sides say stupid stuff in order to move the goal posts.

I think Earl understands the position of the FO just fine, but he also knows that we have a gap at safety and Pete would really like to win this year. Earl's holdout hurts our chances to win and that creates a strong incentive for the FO to resolve the holdout either by trade or an extension.

I don't think the FO is going to just give in to Earl's demands due to concerns about precedents in future years, but it's a losing proposition for the team in either case and they could very well take less for him in a trade than they would otherwise.

If they were going to take less than otherwise, it would have already happened by now. Nope. They are making a point to every player on our team. ET must know it by now as well.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    I was part of all of that, and I’m very proud of it. And that’s one of the things about this that’s been very frustrating — this idea that I’m doing what I’m doing because I don’t want to play for Seattle anymore. That’s just not true, man. I love Seattle. But I’d hoped I wouldn’t even have to say that. I’d hoped that the way I’ve played for this team over the last eight years would tell you all you need to know.

I love Seattle.

The team has an interest in not paying players who are not playing. Of course, the player wants to make as many millions as he can, even if not playing. But don’t pretend you’re doing this for anyone but yourself.

But it sounds selfless and amazing in your own head when you play the martyr card..............like you're different and not just like every other player who's at the end of their contract scratching and clawing for more money.

Sorry Earl, you're just like every other player, and that's fine I don't blame any player for getting as much money as they can with such a short career span.

But don't pretend you're something else.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• “Pay me or trade me.”

NOPE.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I am not sure how this article benefits his actual situation? Other teams will read this too . . .
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Really getting tired of Earl’s antics now. Earl, just shut up. If you never play another down you are already financially set for life. Pay me or trade me? Do you think the Hawks haven’t been trying to trade you?? Problem is, nobody wants to give up anything of substance. This should tell you that perhaps you are overestimating your worth, maybe?

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Meh, got the gist of it, but didn't read the whole thing.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Bbbb byx

toffee
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member