Kicking game

AKNFidel

Reaction score
A lot has been discussed about improving the OL and DBs, but I fell the greatest weakness the Seahawks have not addressed appropriately is the Kicker. Walsh was brought in even though his yips were widely documented, but the coaching staff believed in him. Unfortunately he has a decent start to the season but the yips showed up and Walsh proved he couldn’t shake them.

Now the team has a kid (Myers) who was cut after a few games last season and has yet to prove he worthy of a game day roster spot. His competition is Janikowski who is long in the tooth and has shown that his durability to make it through a season health is a tall order. Hell, he didn’t participate in OTAs because of a hip injury.

In my opinion the Kicker is an extremely important position. Other than the QB, the kicker is responsible to accumulate more points that anyone else on the offense. I sure hope that PC & JS have a plan, but I just don’t see it now.

Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they didn't bring in a place kicker during training camp, perhaps an UDFA kid or a cut from another squad. At least, they addressed the punting position & also made an improvement to the return game (Penny).
:smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3rsb71w2 said:
I would be surprised if they didn't bring in a place kicker during training camp, perhaps an UDFA kid or a cut from another squad. At least, they addressed the punting position & also made an improvement to the return game (Penny).

So emphatic you posted it three times :p

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I feel his pain, sometimes the site is slow in refreshing after posting so you re-post leading to a repeat of your post.

The point is made.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":12j5kx41 said:

FIFY. ;)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hopefully Janikowski gets healthy by training camp and never surrenders the position. I’m probably more nervous about this position than any other, especially after what happened last season.

Smellyman

Reaction score
This guy was money in college with a big leg. No idea why hasn't been called.

[youtube]Ke2Va2U33_Q[/youtube]

[youtube]TXc4Ixz9fqQ[/youtube]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Smellyman":3vxx0b5y said:

Never made a roster and has been retired from football for like four years. He’s an accountant now.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If Janikowski can’t stay healthy, then Jason Myers is probably better than the current options on the market. Another kicker might become available after the cut downs. It’s important to take this position seriously.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2qfv97e5 said:
Smellyman":2qfv97e5 said:

Never made a roster and has been retired from football for like four years. He’s an accountant now.

Do you know him? Tell him to un-retire!

Rian Lindell was a carpenter.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
AKNFidel":26eiwtr4 said:
A lot has been discussed about improving the OL and DBs, but I fell the greatest weakness the Seahawks have not addressed appropriately is the Kicker.

Yep, its a big mistake that they havent done more to solidify the position. Its going to cost us.