Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kicking game

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Kicking game
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am
  • A lot has been discussed about improving the OL and DBs, but I fell the greatest weakness the Seahawks have not addressed appropriately is the Kicker. Walsh was brought in even though his yips were widely documented, but the coaching staff believed in him. Unfortunately he has a decent start to the season but the yips showed up and Walsh proved he couldn’t shake them.

Now the team has a kid (Myers) who was cut after a few games last season and has yet to prove he worthy of a game day roster spot. His competition is Janikowski who is long in the tooth and has shown that his durability to make it through a season health is a tall order. Hell, he didn’t participate in OTAs because of a hip injury.

In my opinion the Kicker is an extremely important position. Other than the QB, the kicker is responsible to accumulate more points that anyone else on the offense. I sure hope that PC & JS have a plan, but I just don’t see it now.

Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Kicking game
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:28 pm
  • I would be surprised if they didn't bring in a place kicker during training camp, perhaps an UDFA kid or a cut from another squad. At least, they addressed the punting position & also made an improvement to the return game (Penny).
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:27 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:I would be surprised if they didn't bring in a place kicker during training camp, perhaps an UDFA kid or a cut from another squad. At least, they addressed the punting position & also made an improvement to the return game (Penny).

So emphatic you posted it three times :P

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:34 pm
  • ^ I think that you made your point. lol
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm
  • I feel his pain, sometimes the site is slow in refreshing after posting so you re-post leading to a repeat of your post.

The point is made.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 am
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:I would be surprised if they didn't bring in a place kicker during training camp, perhaps an UDFA kid or a cut from another squad. At least, they addressed the punting position & also made an improvement to the return game (Penny).

FIFY. ;)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:34 am
  • Hopefully Janikowski gets healthy by training camp and never surrenders the position. I’m probably more nervous about this position than any other, especially after what happened last season.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:50 am
  • This guy was money in college with a big leg. No idea why hasn't been called.

Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:17 am
  • Smellyman wrote:This guy was money in college with a big leg. No idea why hasn't been called.

Never made a roster and has been retired from football for like four years. He’s an accountant now.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 am
  • If Janikowski can’t stay healthy, then Jason Myers is probably better than the current options on the market. Another kicker might become available after the cut downs. It’s important to take this position seriously.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:25 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:This guy was money in college with a big leg. No idea why hasn't been called.

Never made a roster and has been retired from football for like four years. He’s an accountant now.

Do you know him? Tell him to un-retire!

Rian Lindell was a carpenter.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:16 am
  • AKNFidel wrote:A lot has been discussed about improving the OL and DBs, but I fell the greatest weakness the Seahawks have not addressed appropriately is the Kicker.

Yep, its a big mistake that they havent done more to solidify the position. Its going to cost us.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information