Fully healthy, Lockett has “his legs back underneath him."

King Dog

Reaction score
Love it. It's exactly what I thought would happen after the injury. I thought we would get him back last season, but not see the "real" Tyler Lockett again until this season. Hope he kills it this year.

Posted by Charean Williams on June 7, 2018, 7:51 PM EDT

Getty Images
Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett played all 16 games last season, staying on the field for 64.8 of the offensive snaps. But he was not 100 percent after his gruesome right leg injury on Christmas Eve in 2016.

Lockett now is fully healthy, and the Seahawks are expecting a big year.

“It’s really been a blessing for him to be able to get his legs back underneath him,’’ Carroll said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “Last year was a struggle for him, the offseason for certain, but throughout the season itself he was not able to do things in the same manner that he had done it in years past, and that’s really just workload. He just couldn’t do as much, had to take care of his legs more. So he’s back at it; he’s really playing fast; he has no restrictions of any kind of after effects of the surgery of last year or since he’s been hurt. So that’s a real positive. He looked great [Thursday] in particular.’’

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... neath-him/

avengerboater

Reaction score
Glad to hear! Hopefully, he'll be back to his pre-injury shape. It was very obvious he wasn't the same guy last year...no acceleration, change of direction, break-away speed. I'll be cheering for him. He seems like a pretty good dude.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
One of Thursday’s standouts was receiver Tyler Lockett, who had several catches, including a deep sideline catch and a touchdown reception just a few plays apart on a scoring drive led by Wilson. That’s a big difference from where Lockett was at this time last year when he was rehabbing the broken leg he sustained late in the 2016 season. Lockett was able to play all of last season, but the injury kept him from being at his very best. Early indications this offseason point to Lockett being back to his old self in 2018.

“It has really been a blessing for him to be able to get his legs back underneath him,” Carroll said. “Last year it was a struggle throughout the season—the offseason for certain—but through the season itself, he was not able to do things in the same manner he had done in years past. That’s really just workload, he just couldn’t do as much, he had to take care of his legs more. He’s back at it, he’s really playing fast, he has no resemblance of any after effects of the surgery. So that’s real positive. He looked great today in particular.”

Bszshdqepn1kxkdl5fvt

https://www.seahawks.com/news/five-thin ... ay-of-otas

Seymour

Reaction score
You could see him come on at times late last season. I was never worried about the guy, and I figured good chance he comes back strong this year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
I think that TD return in the last game was his getting close if not healthy. So pumped & jacked to see him play this year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
12thman.garydrake":myubi0s1 said:
I think that TD return in the last game was his getting close if not healthy. So pumped & jacked to see him play this year.

Giphy

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ds52rkj said:
Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!
I don't think Lockett has ever been anything special as a receiver. Great return man, but I've been underwhelmed with him thus far at receiver. I think he is a bust there.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":d4w6q1qc said:
jammerhawk":d4w6q1qc said:
I don't think Lockett has ever been anything special as a receiver. Great return man, but I've been underwhelmed with him thus far at receiver. I think he is a bust there.

Bust? Really?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1nht8iz9 said:
Spin Doctor":1nht8iz9 said:
jammerhawk":1nht8iz9 said:

Bust? Really?
As a wide receiver I think he is under performing. He is woefully average there -- especially when you consider how many times we've passed in the last three years. Great returner, but when you take a player as high as Lockett I expect a little more as a receiver.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":29xgkoj1 said:
hawknation2018":29xgkoj1 said:
Spin Doctor":29xgkoj1 said:
jammerhawk":29xgkoj1 said:

Bust? Really?
As a wide receiver I think he is under performing. He is woefully average there -- especially when you consider how many times we've passed in the last three years. Great returner, but when you take a player as high as Lockett I expect a little more as a receiver.

Rubber meets the road this year. Year removed from a bad injury. He’s already exceeded the expectations of a 3rd round pick as a WR, but he has the opportunity to be so much more this season.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anyone doubting Lockett is back and was since late last year watch that kick return TD against the Tards a few times. That is Patrick Peterson #21 chasing him, had the angle on him (4.34 speed!), and Lockett blows past him leavin' him in the dust.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Be ready this season for when they will likely have both Lockett & Penny back returning kickoffs against defenses without a running start. I can see where, (at least, every now and then), One catches the ball going one way and hands off to the other going the other way. Speed & vision to set that up will rule. I predict numerous (4 or 5+) kickoff return TD's this year.

:smilingalien:

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":2yp6smi4 said:
Anyone doubting Lockett is back and was since late last year watch that kick return TD against the Tards a few times. That is Patrick Peterson #21 chasing him, had the angle on him (4.34 speed!), and Lockett blows past him leavin' him in the dust.
I would add that there are some that are discounting Lockett's ability in the passing game. Essentially, all we saw of him was about 1 season's worth of good health. IMHO, that's the only question: Can he stay on the field? Most WRs take a couple of years to develop anyway. Lockett is getting healthy right in that wheelhouse. I remember most folks were thinking he and PRich would be a pretty dynamic duo to go along with Angry Doug. Paul is now gone, but hopefully No-E can live up to his potential this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lockett was a big surprise as a WR his first year and the hope was he would build on that, he did not have explosion or strength he needed last year to do that. I expect a nice surprise this year.