Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fully healthy, Lockett has “his legs back underneath him."

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Love it. It's exactly what I thought would happen after the injury. I thought we would get him back last season, but not see the "real" Tyler Lockett again until this season. Hope he kills it this year.

Posted by Charean Williams on June 7, 2018, 7:51 PM EDT

Getty Images
    Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett played all 16 games last season, staying on the field for 64.8 of the offensive snaps. But he was not 100 percent after his gruesome right leg injury on Christmas Eve in 2016.

Lockett now is fully healthy, and the Seahawks are expecting a big year.

“It’s really been a blessing for him to be able to get his legs back underneath him,’’ Carroll said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “Last year was a struggle for him, the offseason for certain, but throughout the season itself he was not able to do things in the same manner that he had done it in years past, and that’s really just workload. He just couldn’t do as much, had to take care of his legs more. So he’s back at it; he’s really playing fast; he has no restrictions of any kind of after effects of the surgery of last year or since he’s been hurt. So that’s a real positive. He looked great [Thursday] in particular.’’

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... neath-him/
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• Glad to hear! Hopefully, he'll be back to his pre-injury shape. It was very obvious he wasn't the same guy last year...no acceleration, change of direction, break-away speed. I'll be cheering for him. He seems like a pretty good dude.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

• One of Thursday’s standouts was receiver Tyler Lockett, who had several catches, including a deep sideline catch and a touchdown reception just a few plays apart on a scoring drive led by Wilson. That’s a big difference from where Lockett was at this time last year when he was rehabbing the broken leg he sustained late in the 2016 season. Lockett was able to play all of last season, but the injury kept him from being at his very best. Early indications this offseason point to Lockett being back to his old self in 2018.

“It has really been a blessing for him to be able to get his legs back underneath him,” Carroll said. “Last year it was a struggle throughout the season—the offseason for certain—but through the season itself, he was not able to do things in the same manner he had done in years past. That’s really just workload, he just couldn’t do as much, he had to take care of his legs more. He’s back at it, he’s really playing fast, he has no resemblance of any after effects of the surgery. So that’s real positive. He looked great today in particular.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/five-thin ... ay-of-otas
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Sounds promising.

:2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Gonna need him at his best this season.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• You could see him come on at times late last season. I was never worried about the guy, and I figured good chance he comes back strong this year.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I think that TD return in the last game was his getting close if not healthy. So pumped & jacked to see him play this year.
    12thman.garydrake
    NET Bench Warmer

• 12thman.garydrake wrote:I think that TD return in the last game was his getting close if not healthy. So pumped & jacked to see him play this year.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!

I don't think Lockett has ever been anything special as a receiver. Great return man, but I've been underwhelmed with him thus far at receiver. I think he is a bust there.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!

I don't think Lockett has ever been anything special as a receiver. Great return man, but I've been underwhelmed with him thus far at receiver. I think he is a bust there.

Bust? Really?
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Last year early it was clear that Lockett (NoE) was not as fast as he’d been the season before. His injury had slowed him, he was missing that something special that made him special. It’s good news that people are noticing he’s back. I’m jazzed for him, but more jazzed for seeing him this coming season!

Bust? Really?

As a wide receiver I think he is under performing. He is woefully average there -- especially when you consider how many times we've passed in the last three years. Great returner, but when you take a player as high as Lockett I expect a little more as a receiver.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:

Bust? Really?

As a wide receiver I think he is under performing. He is woefully average there -- especially when you consider how many times we've passed in the last three years. Great returner, but when you take a player as high as Lockett I expect a little more as a receiver.

Rubber meets the road this year. Year removed from a bad injury. He’s already exceeded the expectations of a 3rd round pick as a WR, but he has the opportunity to be so much more this season.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Anyone doubting Lockett is back and was since late last year watch that kick return TD against the Tards a few times. That is Patrick Peterson #21 chasing him, had the angle on him (4.34 speed!), and Lockett blows past him leavin' him in the dust.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Be ready this season for when they will likely have both Lockett & Penny back returning kickoffs against defenses without a running start. I can see where, (at least, every now and then), One catches the ball going one way and hands off to the other going the other way. Speed & vision to set that up will rule. I predict numerous (4 or 5+) kickoff return TD's this year.

:smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Anyone doubting Lockett is back and was since late last year watch that kick return TD against the Tards a few times. That is Patrick Peterson #21 chasing him, had the angle on him (4.34 speed!), and Lockett blows past him leavin' him in the dust.

I would add that there are some that are discounting Lockett's ability in the passing game. Essentially, all we saw of him was about 1 season's worth of good health. IMHO, that's the only question: Can he stay on the field? Most WRs take a couple of years to develop anyway. Lockett is getting healthy right in that wheelhouse. I remember most folks were thinking he and PRich would be a pretty dynamic duo to go along with Angry Doug. Paul is now gone, but hopefully No-E can live up to his potential this year.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Lockett was a big surprise as a WR his first year and the hope was he would build on that, he did not have explosion or strength he needed last year to do that. I expect a nice surprise this year.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Here are his stats: http://www.nfl.com/player/tylerlockett/2552430/profile.

He’s an acceptable WR and a premier KR who is genuinely fast again. I don’t agree with the comment that he’s a bust and think he’s now experienced, if he can stay healthy this season I expect good results from him.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Tyler Lockett's performance this year may well be the key that determines who is on top of our Division. All of us posters on this site see the terrific potential within the Hawks this year. This key to getting each player to play to his potential will be determined by the coaching staff. Good luck, Tyler!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• This could be a feel good story for Lockett, but it gives pause when thinking about guys like Dion Jordan. If guys really need that extra time coming off leg and/or knee issues then how effective can we reasonably expect Jordan to be?
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:This could be a feel good story for Lockett, but it gives pause when thinking about guys like Dion Jordan. If guys really need that extra time coming off leg and/or knee issues then how effective can we reasonably expect Jordan to be?

Depends, Jordon's is a clean up of sorts, Lockett had a catastrophic injury, broken bones and tears to surrounding tissues and then the rehab and rebuild process.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    endzorn wrote:This could be a feel good story for Lockett, but it gives pause when thinking about guys like Dion Jordan. If guys really need that extra time coming off leg and/or knee issues then how effective can we reasonably expect Jordan to be?

Depends, Jordon's is a clean up of sorts, Lockett had a catastrophic injury, broken bones and tears to surrounding tissues and then the rehab and rebuild process.

Meanwhile, Earl Thomas was also coming off a broken leg. Granted, it didn't look as bad as Lockett's and he had an extra month to recover, but that hasn't really been brought up. If Lockett will be in his second year coming back, wouldn't Thomas (who was second team All-Pro the season he got back) also get better? Both players rely heavily on speed to be effective. Just want to throw that out, haven't seen that discussed.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    endzorn wrote:This could be a feel good story for Lockett, but it gives pause when thinking about guys like Dion Jordan. If guys really need that extra time coming off leg and/or knee issues then how effective can we reasonably expect Jordan to be?

I hear you, but Jordan’s knee continues to give him problems and while his knee heals he is unable to do the offseason work that others can. If this was just a one-off cleanup of an otherwise perfectly healthy knee I wouldn’t worry.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information