Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawk Ring Of Honor

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seahawk Ring Of Honor
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 pm
  • Will Matt Hasselbeck be voted to the Ring of Honor?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Re: Seahawk Ring Of Honor
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm
  • I think so, and Holmgren.

Pete and John deserve all the credit in the world for delivering our first Lombardi, but IMO Pete might not have ever came here if Holmgren and players like Hasselbeck didn't lay the success foundation to help this franchise turn the corner and become one of the premier franchises in the league.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 pm
  • Now that you mention it, I think that Coach Holmgren has a 80% chance of being voted on the Ring of Honor.
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:20 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Now that you mention it, I think that Coach Holmgren has a 80% chance of being voted on the Ring of Honor.

Should be 100%.

The coach that takes you to your first SB should be a slam dunk, and so should Hasselbeck. I mean, if you put guys like Dave Brown, Krieg and Curt Warner in there, what argument is there against Hasselbeck or Holmgren?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:21 pm
  • It seems like forever since we have put anyone into the ROH. I know we have been spoiled over the last few years, with a Championship banner, Walter, Cortez, and Kenny, but it is time to get some folks up there.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Now that you mention it, I think that Coach Holmgren has a 80% chance of being voted on the Ring of Honor.

Should be 100%.

The coach that takes you to your first SB should be a slam dunk, and so should Hasselbeck. I mean, if you put guys like Dave Brown, Krieg and Curt Warner in there, what argument is there against Hasselbeck or Holmgren?

IMO....the only real "slam dunks" for the ROH are Hall of Fame winners. Do you think that Mike Holmgren is a "slam dunk" for the Hall of Fame?
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Now that you mention it, I think that Coach Holmgren has a 80% chance of being voted on the Ring of Honor.

Should be 100%.

IMO....the only real "slam dunks" for the ROH are Hall of Fame winners. Do you think that Mike Holmgren is a "slam dunk" for the Hall of Fame?

I do, he's #16 on the all time wins list, three SB's with two different teams..............ahead of HOF coaches like Levy, Dungy, Grant, Gibbs, Stram, etc.

Not to mention all the work he did on the competition committee.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 pm
  • I would definitely put both Hasselbeck and Holmgren in the ROH from that era, no question.

Then there will be a bunch from this current era.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:43 pm
  • The ring of honor is no longer visible at the stadium. I don't even think it's a thing anymore. When was the last time they inducted anyone? It's been a loonggg time and a good list of potential names ignored.

It's been replaced by cellphone ads. Did anyone but me notice? Darn few.
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:15 pm
  • tacomahawk wrote:It seems like forever since we have put anyone into the ROH. I know we have been spoiled over the last few years, with a Championship banner, Walter, Cortez, and Kenny, but it is time to get some folks up there.

Nothing against the poster but I really wish we could get rid of the "we are spoiled" vernacular. We are far from spoiled.

Also Hass should have a guaranteed spot in the ROH.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information