Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Favorite Seahawks Memory

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Favorite Seahawks Memory
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Glenn Foley to Fabien Bownes! TOUCHDOWN!

OK, not my most favorite, but still a personal favorite.

No joke, I can remember exactly where I was, who I was with and what I was drinking on that play.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:51 am
  • My most favourite Seahawks memory was the end of the 2005 NFC Championship game. To have my team finally win and be in the Super Bowl, standing at our seats in Section 131 watching the blue, green, and silver confetti come down and saying to my wife "Enjoy this moment because it won't happen often" (still kept a piece or two of that confetti until just last season). Of course the joy that was that moment was replaced by the travesty that was the officiating of XL. Even Steelers fans have told me their W was skewed by the referees. I will go to my death believing that game was stolen and the fix was in.

Then Pete came along and the NFC conference win happened twice again, but not until 8 and 9 years later. Somehow though although sweet, that moment wasn't as special each of the next two times.

However XVIII was pretty darn awesome! XLIX not so much!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm
  • All great memories guys, and I agree with the awesomeness of all of them. Mine comes from 2006, just time spent with my Daughter, who has grown up far to quickly. This was before training camp became the mess that it is now. Madison, and I got to meet Lofa several times the year before, and he remembered us. We got to spend over a half hour, on a beautiful Summer day, just talking. At the end, he gave her a football, that we named “Duke” of course. It is our go to superstition to break out when we need luck, and it works more often than not. A Dad, his Daughter, and our favorite football player, it was glorious. He is still my favorite to this day, for everything he gave to the team, and this memory.
    Attachments
    B590B802-6D87-440A-B1C4-1C0648724D18.jpeg
    B590B802-6D87-440A-B1C4-1C0648724D18.jpeg (91.27 KiB) Viewed 177 times
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 pm
  • Skansi's touchdown always sticks out in my mind. Such a great play. And I was a kid so much, much more emotional than any of the recent stuff.

Non-football would have to be carrying Steve Largent's equipment into the locker room after a practice in Cheney.

Recent memory, the Tip has to be the top of the list for singular event, but I think from an emotion standpoint (and probably because I was watching it live, as opposed to the Tip) would be the safety to start off the Super Bowl. At that moment you just felt it.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:47 pm
  • Obviously it’s winning 48 but.....

My favorite personal experience memory is getting to see the prior NFCCG live and in person.

I’ll never forget that moment the tip happened.

I’ll never forget the walk back to my hotel afterwards.

Was an amazing thing to be part of.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Favorite Seahawks Memory
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:57 pm
  • This was pretty freaking awesome too.

If you ever get the chance DO NOT pass it up.

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:00 pm
  • My friends and I saw the last Seahawk game in the Kingdome in January 2000. We had no tickets just got on the bus and found three of them. It was cool in hindsight to see Dan Marinos last 4th QTR come back and Charlie Jones return a kick or punt for a TD.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Do you mean Charlie Rogers ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:55 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Do you mean Charlie Rogers ?

I thought that was the Lions WR who broke his collarbone every season.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 pm
  • Favorite memory being at a game in person...pretty easy. I was there at Husky Stadium in 2001. Shaun Alexander already had some big games but I got to see, in person, his coming out party on national television on a Sunday night. The night he ran for 266 against the Raiders. It was a fantastic game between the two teams but I remember the place just losing it when Alexander busted one open for 88 yards and a score, this if I remember in response the Raiders taking a kickoff back for a go ahead TD just before. He was amazing that night!
    CdaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Do you mean Charlie Rogers ?

I thought that was the Lions WR who broke his collarbone every season.

Different players Charlie vs Charles Rodgers. One went to Georgia Tech other Michigan State. We got the GT guy. In other words we go Charlie in 1999 not Detroit got Charles in 2003.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Although 48 was just perfection, my favorite experience was having a cowboys fan over for the Romo fumble. I've never went from sheer desperation to complete ecstasy like that ever since, and the stills of romo sitting on the turf with his helmet in his hands tastes delicious to this day.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm
  • The 2005 NFCCG against Carolina ,...electric crowd from an hour before kickoff until the crazy festivities after the game.,,
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 am
  • The SuperBowl final seconds, the fire works going off, the rain of blue and lime green falling from the sky, the Lombardi being hoisted. I could hardly believe it was happening. The years of empty trophy case memes posted by Niner and Ram fans was over.

The 2010 playoffs was also a good one against the Saints. We unseat the reigning champions in the most epic way possible. Lynch burst off one of the greatest runs of all time, Mayock is trying to catch his breath as he is channeling his inner Mexican soccer broadcaster. GET OFF OF ME he yells.

The MVP chants at the end of the 2005 season was pretty surreal as well, and the Hasselbeck performance against the Redskins a few week later was nice.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:15 am
  • 1986 we beat the Patriots there and we were down 10 with 3 mins to go. We blocked a punt for a tying TD and Krieg followed its a bomb to ray butler. I was a kid and the only Seattle fan it felt in the place. Made the 12 hour round trip worth it
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 am
  • before playing a game in Green Bay, Hass said he was going to look for the hooters on holmgren
    jon70
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 am
  • 2012 - Patriots vs Seahawks
    Big underdog coming into the game and trailing by 13 in the third quarter
    With a minute left Wilson throws a 46 yard TD bomb to Sidney Rice
    Wilson's coming out moment to me and of course the "U Mad Bro" moment for Sherman
    zelter
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:54 am
  • Opposition team -- BUT, Bo Jackson's "Tunnel Run TD".
    When a person is dead, he doesn't know he's dead .. Same goes for being stupid.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 pm
  • zelter wrote:2012 - Patriots vs Seahawks
    Big underdog coming into the game and trailing by 13 in the third quarter
    With a minute left Wilson throws a 46 yard TD bomb to Sidney Rice
    Wilson's coming out moment to me and of course the "U Mad Bro" moment for Sherman

I may in the minority but i miss S. Rice.

I liked having him on our team.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:44 pm
  • Although there are many, my favorite was the first and only game in Qwest Field. I had retired from the service and had a bit of time on my hands. I liked the hawks and wanted to go to a game. Went up to brothers place in Kent and stayed. Got online and bought 2 tickets on the 20 yd line 6 or 8 rows up from the field. That was 2006. Watched the game, girls, and Alexander play. It was not glorious as it could have been but we did win over Az. I still have the game program with Tez on the cover...September 17, 2006. Tez Ring of honor inductee.

Life goes on.................
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 pm
  • jon70 wrote:before playing a game in Green Bay, Hass said he was going to look for the hooters on holmgren

And was going to score?
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:15 pm
  • I just loved the SB 48 Seahawks introduction. Kurt Rusell just nailed it, and that was when I knew I was finally going to see my beloved Seahawks win the big game.
    HawkEye
    NET Starter

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 am
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    jon70 wrote:before playing a game in Green Bay, Hass said he was going to look for the hooters on holmgren

And was going to score?

True but some things are better left unsaid
    jon70
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:16 am
  • I broke the bank back then to purchase 5 tickets 17 rows up on the 35 yard line for "The Tip." You talk about family time? Kids have all grow and moved but I am forever THE GREATEST DAD! GO HAWKS!
    metwelve
    NET Bench Warmer

Previous

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information