MLB: Bobby Wagner
OLB: Barkevious Mingo
CB: Shaquill Griffin
CB: Byron Maxwell
CB: Justin Coleman
S: Earl Thomas
S: Bradley McDougald

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... juggernaut

Nothing outrageous here. The defensive depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense because they're using a nickel (Coleman) but are starting only Clark/Reed/Jordan on the defensive line. The Seahawks play a 4-3. I guess they could mean Mingo is actually starting at LEO DE in this formation, as opposed to Strongside OLB, but Reed would probably be unlikely to start in the nickel defense. If this is the base defense, then they would need a true 3T, like Nazair Jones or Shamar Stephen. In the nickel, they could start Tom Johnson, Rasheem Green, or even Marcus Smith (at LEO).

They point out some of the obvious weaknesses in the receiving corps. Lockett deserves more credit, though. I think he's a damn good player, who is going to break out this year, a year removed from his one injury. Amara Darboh is likely to factor into the competition at SE wide receiver, in addition to Jaron Brown, who I think has a lot of potential.

Dickson has the edge in experience and pass blocking at TE. But he will have to fend off Nick Vannett and rookie bulldozer Will Dissly.

The competition at RB will be interesting between front runners Chris Carson and rookie Penny. For some reason, I have this positive feeling about C.J. Prosise finally being healthy enough to make an impact. And of course, I hope to see a fullback start a few games this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":86d7b1bd said:
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Rashaad Penny
WR: Doug Baldwin
WR: Tyler Lockett
WR: Jaron Brown
TE: Ed Dickson
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Ethan Pocic
C: Justin Britt
RG: D.J. Fluker
RT: Germain Ifedi

DE: Frank Clark
DT: Jarran Reed
DE: Dion Jordan
OLB: K.J. Wright
MLB: Bobby Wagner
OLB: Barkevious Mingo
CB: Shaquill Griffin
CB: Byron Maxwell
CB: Justin Coleman
S: Earl Thomas
S: Bradley McDougald

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... juggernaut

Nothing outrageous here. The defensive depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense because they're using a nickel (Coleman) but are starting only Clark/Reed/Jordan on the defensive line. The Seahawks play a 4-3. I guess they could mean Mingo is actually starting at LEO DE in this formation, as opposed to Strongside OLB, but Reed would probably be unlikely to start in the nickel defense. If this is the base defense, then they would need a true 3T, like Nazair Jones or Shamar Stephen. In the nickel, they could start Tom Johnson, Rasheem Green, or even Marcus Smith (at LEO).

They point out some of the obvious weaknesses in the receiving corps. Lockett deserves more credit, though. I think he's a damn good player, who is going to break out this year, a year removed from his one injury. Amara Darboh is likely to factor into the competition at SE wide receiver, in addition to Jaron Brown, who I think has a lot of potential.

Dickson has the edge in experience and pass blocking at TE. But he will have to fend off Nick Vannett and rookie bulldozer Will Dissly.

The competition at RB will be interesting between front runners Chris Carson and rookie Penny. For some reason, I have this positive feeling about C.J. Prosise finally being healthy enough to make an impact. And of course, I hope to see a fullback start a few games this year.

They are basing the offense off of Bevells sets and the leak that our offense will be pretty much the same that Pete leaked, it will not be the same look and we will see two TE's and a FB a lot.

kf3339

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that we will have a three man DL as a starting D look. That is really not PC's practice at all. I see Jones starting as the 3tech DT in that lineup and we lose Coleman. That makes more sense to me.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kf3339":2rzjj3t8 said:
I seriously doubt that we will have a three man DL as a starting D look. That is really not PC's practice at all. I see Jones starting as the 3tech DT in that lineup and we lose Coleman. That makes more sense to me.

I agree. Playing time can be argued, however we are not going to run a Nascar defense as our starting line up. I don't even think our Nascar will have just 3 D linemen.

Atradees

Reaction score
KJ...AKA Monkey Arms freakish dimensions and good intelligence.

We will see if Griffen can play.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":1bopp738 said:
FinNasty":1bopp738 said:
KJ Wright better not get comfortable...
I get that you like Griffin, but he is not on KJ's level.

Here's the problem with KJ and to some extent Bobby Wagner. They are both technically sound and play good football. But KJ rarely makes the "splash" or game changing plays. He's got a total of 2 Int's his entire career.

Last year he had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and just 1 INT. Neither KJ or Bobby have been big turnover or other big game changing plays. I would love to see these 2 take that next step forward in their game.

chris98251

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1xs8kt37 said:
Sun Tzu":1xs8kt37 said:
FinNasty":1xs8kt37 said:

Here's the problem with KJ and to some extent Bobby Wagner. They are both technically sound and play good football. But KJ rarely makes the "splash" or game changing plays. He's got a total of 2 Int's his entire career.

Last year he had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and just 1 INT. Neither KJ or Bobby have been big turnover or other big game changing plays. I would love to see these 2 take that next step forward in their game.

Another Stat hound, their presence and what they do to stuff and seal is what makes them great, you expect them to have CB interception levels?

original poster

Reaction score
jlwaters1":12c680h7 said:
Sun Tzu":12c680h7 said:
FinNasty":12c680h7 said:

Cut Bobby Wagner.

:sarcasm_off:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1hlyzxxd said:
Sun Tzu":1hlyzxxd said:
FinNasty":1hlyzxxd said:

What they do consistently well is read plays, run to the ball, and most importantly,,,,tackle. KJ has nothing to worry about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't care about splash plays. He is incredibly consistent and leads by example out there. KJ is a huge part of this team.