Fun breakdown of Dion Jordan

ivotuk

Reaction score
Never listened to this guy do breakdowns before, but I will make it a point from now on. Fun listen. AND, something to get excited about in Dion Jordan!

[youtube]Kftteu020t8[/youtube]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Appreciate his attention to detail in Jordan's eval.

Clark, Jordan, Green, Naz, others... D-line actually looks strong, even without Bennett and Avril, though we've yet to see how the young guys can function for whole games at a time. I'm also excited to see what kind of stunts and pressures our new D-coord. will bring.

Jville

Reaction score
We need each other ...... If you missed Greg Bishop's December 28, 2017 article in Sports Illustrated, you owe it to yourself to read it now.

The improbable ongoing story of Dion Jordan's return from the Dark Side >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dion-jordan-seahawks-comeback-2013-draft-drug-alchohol-suspension[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":3atys4o1 said:
We need each other ...... If you missed Greg Bishop's December 28, 2017 article in Sports Illustrated, you owe it to yourself to read it now.

The improbable ongoing story of Dion Jordan's return from the Dark Side >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dion-jordan-seahawks-comeback-2013-draft-drug-alchohol-suspension[/urltargetblank]

Thank you kind sir.

original poster

Reaction score
Jville":xgwdhr4b said:

It's a truly fantastic read.

Probably the best article I've read, ever.

Zeearend

Reaction score
original poster":30biis75 said:
Jville":30biis75 said:

It's a truly fantastic read.

Probably the best article I've read, ever.

Fantastic read indeed. Looking forward to the next chapter of this book which hopefully includes a lot of succes and sacks in Seattle.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

While he was never successful in creating a productive O-line, he appears to have a heart for the players' success.

Zeearend

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1gp8a5ip said:
But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

While he was never successful in creating a productive O-line, he appears to have a heart for the players' success.

That is indeed a intreging twist in this story. Especially if Jordan lives up to his draft with the Hawks.

toffee

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":174p3ya7 said:

Cable was successful with OL in Oakland, Lincoln Kennedy and all, he was promoted to HC based on his performance as OL coach and other X factors.

His early years with Hawks were decent too, his last three years weren’t when he finally believed that he could walk on water.

He always got the heart of players, Dion’s story highlighted that he reached out to players not even in his domain. May be that was the X-factor why he was a HC and why kept being interviews for HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2stxqu9g said:

Just because Cable was hated by most as a coach it doesn't make him a bad person.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":6g3yrtfw said:
Ad Hawk":6g3yrtfw said:

Just because Cable was hated by most as a coach it doesn't make him a bad person.

Unless your an assistant coach funneling misinformation to the Owner :p

Jville

Reaction score
Hopefully the spirit of the article will register for most. That's what is important in the unfolding Dion Jordan story.

bighawk

Reaction score
I think Dion Jordan will explode this year into a doninating force. His size speed will create havoc this year. He and Clark will dominate. I believe this line will be better. Look out for Poona Ford i think he can be our Grady Jarrett.

Seymour

Reaction score
Take the time to read up on this guy hitting his bottom before his fight back to save his life!
Awesome story.... :2thumbs:

As much as I disliked the job Cable did here, I have to hand it to him for helping this guy straighten out his life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dion-jordan-seahawks-comeback-2013-draft-drug-alchohol-suspension

In the long, sad, anguished history of draft busts, there’s a checklist of common problems. Jordan struggled with most of them, from drinking and drug use to injury and ambivalence. Hence his plummet from promising young talent to football pariah in two seasons.

Jordan cops to all of it. He didn’t take his career seriously enough. He ignored anyone who warned him. He prioritized bad habits. He hung around the wrong friends. And he was distracted by South Beach and all that Miami glamour. As a rookie in 2013 Jordan had just 19 tackles and two sacks, playing in all 16 games as a Dolphins reserve. “My production was directly related to what I was doing off the field,” he says. “I put nothing into it. I was just showing up.”

He was 23 then, rich—his four-year contract was worth roughly $20 million—almost famous and living in Miami. He deserved to have fun, he reasoned, and he could handle it. He dabbled in molly and ecstasy and smoked marijuana. Mostly he liked to drink. He preferred hard alcohol and consumed all kinds. He told himself he’d party only on some weekends. That became every weekend, and that became every weekend and some weeknights. Eventually, he says, he could drink all night without blacking out. “It becomes exhausting,” Jordan says. “Because every day you’re trying to chase that feeling you had yesterday.”