Chris Carson Rookie Highlights

ivotuk

Reaction score
If he had stayed healthy, 2017 would have been a completely different season.

[youtube]_0no1I6S6Po[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks for the vids. I hope he can recover fully.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A healthy Carson and Penny? Oh my. That is one hell of a one-two punch.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hard to even remember that there was any production from the RB position last year. On paper the RB position looks like it could be very good in 18. I’m excited to see how it plays out. I really believe that between Penny and Carson along with a sprinkling of McKissick, the running game will be much better and the line will be perceived as a big part of that. At the end of last year neither unit was any good.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
If he'd stayed healthy,we might still have Cabevell,hope he recovers fully and then we can make the so called experts in the media look stupid. Gohawks!!!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
daveyoung52":35ss7gnj said:
If he'd stayed healthy,we might still have Cabevell,hope he recovers fully and then we can make the so called experts in the media look stupid. Gohawks!!!

Good point. An unexpected benefit to an injury. In that line of thinking, "Thank You Blair Walsh!

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Chris Carson, Oklahoma St. -- An injury waiting to happen? Can he be counted on to play in more than 3/4 games?

2013-2014 = No Freshman or Sophomore games. (likely he was a scrub, mostly injured or both.)
2015: (Junior Year) 131 rushes for 517-yds, 3.9-ypc, 4-TD's (this isn't lead back stuff - at all.)
2016: (Senior Year) 82 rushes for 559-yds, 6.8-ypc, 9-TD's. (Low # of rushes, injured a lot, but showed some potential.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (After an obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes IF he can avoid further injuries which IMO is unlikely, given his history.

RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or a game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

IMO-The "starting" RB at this point in time is Carson in name only, and then only because he was here first. Penney, by virtue of being a 1-st Round pick will undoubtedly be the starting RB from the get go. With all of the running game help in this draft, Penney will be dynamite. Very telling when PC/JS said "Penney ran a lot of the same plays we do", + considering he came from a heavy running game pro style attack, a perfect match!
:smilingalien:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'll be really happy with Penny/Mckissic/pick a fullback combo

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":l7cx87xd said:
Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (After an obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes IF he can avoid further injuries which IMO is unlikely, given his history.

RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or a game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.
You make it sound as if Carson is injury-prone, but he hasn't had any issues while a Seahawks before having his leg broken in a tackle that pretty much would have broken anyone else's leg. People just don't bend that way.

I get the injury-prone tag thrown at guys who get "soft" injuries or hold themselves out with niggles, but come on - there's nothing unique to Carson that caused his leg to break. Maybe Penny hasn't missed a game because he hasn't had anyone fall on the back of his leg while another player was bending him over like a pretzel.

chris98251

Reaction score
Carson was in a Passing offense in college, why he has good hands, he also had to pass block why he was ahead of the curve, they didn't run a lot either. Let tell the full story about the kid instead of just choosing what to use to trash him.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm gonna call Chris Carson ends the year with the most rushing yards on the team, just a feeling.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
He is injury prone, BUT, do you know why he missed 4 games during his Senior season?

Thumb injury.

So, he's not like CJ Prosise who'll get injured simply by running down the field on a special teams play.

Chris Carson looked good running behind our OLine. can't wait to see the Caron/Penny show....both can run and catch the ball making both a 3 down back.

Atradees

Reaction score
The Boz and Chris Carson....got ya....

the truth is injuries and staying healthy are everything.

the weird things the offensive line did......we could of had anyone. wouldnt have mattered.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Carson starts at first while Penny learns pass pro.

original poster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":24gr01uc said:

I wouldn't be shocked, either.

With that said I still expect Penny to start, I'm expecting him to pick up the basics during training camp and preseason.

pcbball12

Reaction score
original poster":fwsq68by said:
MontanaHawk05":fwsq68by said:

I wouldn't be shocked, either.

With that said I still expect Penny to start, I'm expecting him to pick up the basics during training camp and preseason.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the goal wasn’t to have a situation like the Saints had last year with Ingram/Kamara. I’d like that kind of split. People are too caught up on if he will start or not to justify the pick. It’s not about that to me. Kamara would have been worth a top 10 pick last year, yet he wasn’t technically their starter. Could see something similar here.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2yb55ve2 said:
CamanoIslandJQ":2yb55ve2 said:

You make it sound as if Carson is injury-prone, but he hasn't had any issues while a Seahawks before having his leg broken in a tackle that pretty much would have broken anyone else's leg. People just don't bend that way.

I get the injury-prone tag thrown at guys who get "soft" injuries or hold themselves out with niggles, but come on - there's nothing unique to Carson that caused his leg to break. Maybe Penny hasn't missed a game because he hasn't had anyone fall on the back of his leg while another player was bending him over like a pretzel.
No matter how much Carson has been injured..Procise has him beat by far hands down.