Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Driving with Gee - Rashaad Penny heads to Rookie Minicamp

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Gee annoys
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:

My God look how thin his thighs are :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• It was an interesting and fun interview. I watched it.
    Last edited by SanDiego49er on Sat May 05, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• I dig that Penny is from Norwalk.
    That was just across the street from my house as a kid
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

• Very cool way to introduce Mr Penny to the 12's....thanks Gee!
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

• Heyseed wrote:I dig that Penny is from Norwalk.

How is Norwalk BTW? Good, bad or middle class? I just wondered. I'm more familiar with San Diego.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• Penny appears to be humble.

I like AND value that, my hope is that it’s sincere.

My prayer is, that this kid is durable.

He may be “the one”

Side note:

Had no clue that his brother was a Cardinal. No idea how I missed that aspect of the story.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• chris98251 wrote:

My God look how thin his thighs are :)

Yes I'm very concerned they will snap in two like a twig. #Reach....\sarc :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:Penny appears to be humble.

I like AND value that, my hope is that it’s sincere.

My prayer is, that this kid is durable.

He may be “the one”

Side note:

Had no clue that his brother was a Cardinal. No idea how I missed that aspect of the story.

He never had any very serious injuries in college. A lot of the other RB's did. That's one of the very positive aspects about Penny. From San Diego State Aztecs I can tell you he never had a real big serious injury. He was very durable. He played pretty much all the time and played really well too.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• SanDiego49er wrote:
    Heyseed wrote:I dig that Penny is from Norwalk.

How is Norwalk BTW? Good, bad or middle class? I just wondered. I'm more familiar with San Diego.

I remember it being middle class with LA lifestyle options. Very diverse community, I'm sure they are proud of Penny. :2thumbs:

Rashaad Penny - Norwalk High (CA) Class of 2014 - Senior Year (Regular Season) Highlights

Heyseed
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for posting that Fade. Nice low key interview, just a chat really

First day on the job, and though he appears confident, I’m sure there are some butterflies.

How we missed his brother is a Cardinal in discussions about him points out how little the mainstream media who panned the pick knows about him. I like that he seems humble and curious yet confident and excited for his new challenge.

Hope he is all the team thinks he could be.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Makes sense to add Rashaad's day 1 Rookie Minicamp Press Conference to this thread's collection.

There is a lot to look forward to in 2018.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Heyseed wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Heyseed wrote:I dig that Penny is from Norwalk.

I remember it being middle class with LA lifestyle options. Very diverse community, I'm sure they are proud of Penny. :2thumbs:

Rashaad Penny - Norwalk High (CA) Class of 2014 - Senior Year (Regular Season) Highlights

Yeah I saw those Youtube highlights of him in High School. Thanks for getting back to me. He was all world here in San Diego. Really the best RB since Marshall Faulk at San Diego State. I think he will be awesome for you.
    Last edited by SanDiego49er on Sat May 05, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• jammerhawk wrote:Thanks for posting that Fade. Nice low key interview, just a chat really

First day on the job, and though he appears confident, I’m sure there are some butterflies.

How we missed his brother is a Cardinal in discussions about him points out how little the mainstream media who panned the pick knows about him. I like that he seems humble and curious yet confident and excited for his new challenge.

Hope he is all the team thinks he could be.

The mainstream media doesn't know anything about Rashaad Penny. They just watch nationally televised games. Well guess what San Diego State doesn't get that many of those. Not only is he not a reach at #27 overall. He is a STEAL. He would be a STEAL at #18 overall. You got a top 10 - 15 player in this draft. He should be a future Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy and you can put a good O Line in front of him. He is a super star RB, an excellent receiver out of the backfield and an ALL WORLD KR/PR. He is out of this world at that. Just an awesome return man.

I think Penny will be great for you. The media just have no familiarity with him. When you unleash this guy on the rest of the NFL for a number of games I think people will start to get it. Does it take 4 games, 8 games, 12 games or his whole Rookie year? I don't know? But eventually IMO people will get it.

People will look back at this draft and wonder why he fell so far. Because what I can tell you is he is FAR BETTER than the 27th best player in this draft. He is a lot better than that.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• Rashaad's brother Elijaah played at Idaho. The Cardinals just moved the 6'2" 240#er from RB to FB/TE.
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad

• That was a very nice "Ride". I wish there could have been more edits of the scenery cut into the interview here and there, looked like (from what I COULD see) one of our nicer days of this season I call 'SPRINTER' :D

But I like the kid. He doesn't seem like one of the "child prodigies" that was handed everything in sports since he was a toddler. Seems to have great work ethic and ZERO diva. He looks up to Beasty too! Looking forward to seeing him develop!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:That was a very nice "Ride". I wish there could have been more edits of the scenery cut into the interview here and there, looked like (from what I COULD see) one of our nicer days of this season I call 'SPRINTER' :D

But I like the kid. He doesn't seem like one of the "child prodigies" that was handed everything in sports since he was a toddler. Seems to have great work ethic and ZERO diva. He looks up to Beasty too! Looking forward to seeing him develop!

He is a humble hard working guy. He is from a good family and is a team player too. He's not a me guy. He is about the team.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• Think about one thing.

When the cameras were filming John and Pete's reaction when they selected him they were candidly giddy.

You can't fake that. These are two human beings I still hold in HIGH regard when it comes to taking our Seahawks to places never seen before.

So to see their organically positive and giddy response to the pick, that tells me WAAAAAY more than any Draft "Expert" ever could.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Think about one thing.

When the cameras were filming John and Pete's reaction when they selected him they were candidly giddy.

You can't fake that. These are two human beings I still hold in HIGH regard when it comes to taking our Seahawks to places never seen before.

So to see their organically positive and giddy response to the pick, that tells me WAAAAAY more than any Draft "Expert" ever could.

The self described "Draft experts" did not watch Rashaad Penny play. They don't know anything about Penny. You got one of the best players in this Draft. If he stays healthy and you put a decent line in front of him he will go to Pro Bowls.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• I honesty think I'm the only person in the world that likes Gee.

Always enjoy listening to him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information