So, this Draft has been a little different for me...

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
...admittingly, after Thursday night, I sat and stewed a bit with what seemed like a reach by Pete and John....which is how many 1st rounds have gone with them over the years; draft back and bypass guys who are legit players to eventually pick a guy in the late 1st or 2nd that everyone thinks is a reach (See Britt, Carpenter, or the kid from last year).

But I watched highlights of Penny on Friday morning, and talked myself back off the ledge. The kid seems like a gamer and a game-breaker, and we need a re-committment to the run game, so reset the expectation meter, and onto rounds 2 and 3.

No pick in 2, and a late pick in three, and we get a decent prospect for the D-line. Okay, Good pick.

Now, onto the later rounds, which is where John and Pete normally lose me. They almost never seem to take a rider on the guys that drop a few rounds. I literally can't ever seem to guess the pick, because it's always some prospect I've never heard of. But this 5th round in particular has been phenomenal...all solid guys that can contribute this year, including our punter of the future. I also liked the TE pick in the 4th...the guy looks like a converted d-lineman, and blocks like it.

So, for the first time in a good few years, I'm really excited by this draft. Can't wait to see the late picks and FAs, but I'm already very happy!