Earl could be traded for a second round pick.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
According to sources from Brock and Salk. Earl Thomas could be traded for a second round pick on Friday.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2vwd19eh said:
According to sources from Brock and Salk. Earl Thomas could be traded for a second round pick on Friday.

Anything "COULD" happen. Doesn't mean there's a realistic chance that it will happen though.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'd like it if it's for a top 10-13 2nd. I never thought expecting a 1st for him was realistic. Don't get me wrong, I love Earl, but if you're Seattle, there's no way you can justify paying him what he wants at this point of his career. Better to get what you can now before it's too late.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
One 2nd round pick is not worth it to me. Hope we do not settle for that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1wob7k3y said:
One 2nd round pick is not worth it to me. Hope we do not settle for that.

I know this is not going to happen, so basically I'm saying I wouldn't trade him, but I'd only do that deal if it got me a 1st next year as well as a 2nd this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maybe if it's both Cleveland's 2nd rounders............but everything I read is the Hawk's aren't coming down from their 1st and 3rd demand.

Witten just retired from the Cowboys clearing off more cap space, so maybe that's an indicator that the Cowboys are coming after Earl.

Beren

Reaction score
Big fan of Earl and I'll be sad to see him go, but if we're being serious with ourselves, it's best for our long term SB hopes if we look beyond just next year.

Just hope we use our picks well if he does go.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kidhawk":345lhjwf said:
Northwest Seahawk":345lhjwf said:

Anything "COULD" happen. Doesn't mean there's a realistic chance that it will happen though.

But he definitely WON'T be traded for a 2018 first round pick.

lobohawk

Reaction score
And unless there's some issue with him wanting to play in Seattle, then it's pretty lame. The way he plays, I'd expect him to be top 1-3 safety for at least the next three years.

Kinda hate to trade that known quality for only the possibility of a 2nd round rookie working out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2q5wkqnz said:
kidhawk":2q5wkqnz said:
Northwest Seahawk":2q5wkqnz said:

But he definitely WON'T be traded for a 2018 first round pick.

You never know, we could still trade him for a player that was selected by another team yesterday :twisted:

Atradees

Reaction score
I would like it to be better than just the 50 the Cowboys hold. 2 and a three? High two would be good . Load of cash off the books.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A 2 and 3 this year would probably do it, and seems fair for both sides. Or, a 2 this year and a 2 next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g954wrh said:
A 2 and 3 this year would probably do it, and seems fair for both sides. Or, a 2 this year and a 2 next year.

I feel like with all our later round picks, we can get into the 2nd round this year.

So I'd rather gamble and hold onto Earl, franchise him and try and get a 1st for him next year........rather then settle for only a 2nd and 3rd this year.

Dude's a HOF safety still in his prime. Not getting a 1st for him would be tough for me to swallow.

sutz

Reaction score
I guess I could stand this, but I hope we get more than a 2d for him.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Seattle hardly ever wins when we trade for or away players, at least in recent years. I think a mid-late 2nd and maybe a 5th is about the best they will bring in, although Thomas is worth so much more than that. If I'm being honest, I'm expecting Seattle to ship out Earl Thomas for less than most expect. Hoping for at least a 2nd and 3rd, but kind of expecting to receive a 3rd & 4th. Hope I'm wrong.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sgomsev said:

I agree, a 2nd and 3rd round pick this year would be decent. Dallas has the 50th and 81st picks. I'd say if they want to cough those up for ET we take them.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pt9ku6t said:
Dude's a HOF safety still in his prime. Not getting a 1st for him would be tough for me to swallow.

Yes but a HOFamer that the Seahawks FO is not going to be able to sign in 2019 when he becomes an UFA. No one is going to trade for him after next season because they'll just wait until he's on the market.