Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kam's tweet

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Kam's tweet
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:25 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:The overreaction is funny to me. :lol:

Couldn’t agree more.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:The Legion of BooHoo

Brutal....
    But Truth...

Love ya Kam but your hitman says behind ya now...
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 pm
  • I don't see anything promising from this offense. Our offense after Lynch has been a dumpster fire. Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time. A historically great defense wasted because of a pathetically horrific offense and a stupid play call. At this point, Pete is just trying to end his career on a high note, but I don't think he has what it takes to put together a winning team anymore.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm
  • One side did not carry its weight.

I can see their frustration watching a QB squander scoring opportunities for 3 full quarters, playing pattycake with the other team while the defense wears it self down keeping the door shut.

The defense gave the offense short fields, turnovers and repeatedly made up for mistakes by the offense that gave the opposing offense short fields. They have a right to be upset when the same QB that does damn near nothing for 3 full quarters a game gets accolades for 'being a one man band'.

It was not just turnovers that allowed the defense to create opportunities for the offense.

The defense was always the reason the Seahawks were great. But the QB got the Alaska airlines commercials. Sure that is going to rub a lot of them the wrong way.

But, we don't know just how much of the incompetent offense was the fault of the QB or the OC. So hopefully the years of the defense constantly bailing out the offense are over. We don't have a good enough defense anymore anyway, so for once the offense will have to earn its keep.

I hope it can.

PS Kam is one of the creators of the LOB and a linchpin in the defense that got us to the SB. Wilson would not have sniffed a SB without him. Because of him, Browner, Sherman and Thomas along with Lynch - we have a SB win. So has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to. Especially when considering just how great our defense was and what that defense had to do to get us wins.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 am
  • Who cares? If he comes back he's going to play great, assuming the injury doesn't hamper his play on the field. As vin said, we have ZERO context for the tweet, so the amount of reaching in this thread is a bit much.

I can see both sides. The offense, especially the offensive line and playcalling, definitely cost us games. Of course some here will turn this on Russ as well, we are Seahawks fans after all smh. However, the defense has definitely cost us games and is was the #1 paid unit by cap% in the league. Even the full strength D was pushed around by a Titans offense that was shown to be pretty meh over the course of the season. Our interception numbers have steadily dwindled since 2013, so it's not fair to say the defense has consistently given the offense prime scoring position.

Also, saying the defense and Lynch wouldn't have won a SB without Wilson...... let's see them beat that 49ers team in the NFC championship game with a Trent Dilfer type at QB. You can say that Wilson cost us one SB, but didn't the D cost us a shot at the SB in 2012 by choking that final drive when Wilson brought us back? What about in 2016 when they offered zero resistance to Atlanta? Remember the 99 yard drive where the Falcons glided down the field on 10 straight pass plays? What about that pass to David Johnson that cost us a bye in Week 17 of 2016? I seem to remember a certain Kam Chancellor in coverage.... what about that TD Dion Bailey gave up that gave the Rams a path to win in Week 1 of 2015? Wasn't that Kam Chancellor's replacement due to his holdout?

There's plenty of blame to go around and we can play this game forever. Wilson has cost us games. The defense has cost us games. They are/were great, the defense especially. Guess what was almost never good? The offensive line! That's the #1 issue with this team from 2015 onward that has crippled us! The run game issues from 2016 onwards are linked to the OL as well. Our post-SB teams were actually good enough to challenge for more SBs, but the OL was so consistently terrible that if another part of the team had a bad day (wilson, defense, ST, RBs), we were screwed. It was too much of an anchor, and the playcalling/gameplanning abilities of our offensive coaches was not good enough to overcome it.

When I look back at what could've been, I'm sure as hell not going to be mad at the LoB, Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Marshawn Lynch, etc. It's going to be the damn offensive line, the offensive coaches, and whoever scouted/picked those players.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

It is time for the offence to be accountable.

Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that

To be clear, I don't think Kam's tweet was a call out. It was more on the level of guys giving each other crap, but the fact he did it on a public forum could be interpreted as an indication of something festering somewhere. IF this is the case I would like a leader like Kam to address it on a "tell the truth Monday" or somewhere behind the scenes and appropriate to healthy discussion and resolution. It should be addressed and put to rest. This would be Veteran leadership.

Had Kam said,

Oh please. Stop endorsing 3 qtrs of pathetic offence. This would indeed be a call out and odd behavior in a public forum.

As to your point regarding "ALL THE MONEYYYY" was spent on the defense." This hasn't been true since RW got his second contract, which coincides with " the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently."

I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense.

The offense needs to step up . Anything that helps make this happen sooner rather than later i'm all for. Even if it starts with Kam pitching a little crap on twitter.
    Sterlinghawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:16 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.

Can you really blame him? He's been an integral part of a defense that kept giving the offense tons of opportunities, well above average, and they kept pissing them away in stupid fashion most of the time; for HALF A DECADE.

The NFL is his job. I know I've voiced annoyances about coworkers or other departments in my workplaces before.

Hell YES I can blame him! I don't care what he's done. Don't be a douchebag drunk tweeting at 4am passive aggressive nonsense that does NOTHING to heal the past nor be a solution for the present. Be a LEADER and represent yourself as one, especially when this organization has been nothing but kind to you throughout all your bullshit they've tolerated.

How many drunk tweets is Russell sending out?

Exactly.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:50 am
  • Sterlinghawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that

To be clear, I don't think Kam's tweet was a call out. It was more on the level of guys giving each other crap, but the fact he did it on a public forum could be interpreted as an indication of something festering somewhere. IF this is the case I would like a leader like Kam to address it on a "tell the truth Monday" or somewhere behind the scenes and appropriate to healthy discussion and resolution. It should be addressed and put to rest. This would be Veteran leadership.

Had Kam said,

Oh please. Stop endorsing 3 qtrs of pathetic offence. This would indeed be a call out and odd behavior in a public forum.

As to your point regarding "ALL THE MONEYYYY" was spent on the defense." This hasn't been true since RW got his second contract, which coincides with " the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently."

[b]I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense
    [/b].

The offense needs to step up . Anything that helps make this happen sooner rather than later i'm all for. Even if it starts with Kam pitching a little crap on twitter.

Twitter stuff means nothing to me ..
    Kam may well be talking about the 3 qtrs of no offense we saw a lot of last year
    I cannot say he is wrong for doing so.
    As for the bolded above... :2thumbs:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:05 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:

Had Kam said,

[b]I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense
    [/b].

Kam may well be talking about the 3 qtrs of no offense we saw a lot of last year

Regarding the bolded, one can formulate an opinion without resorting to lies and hyperbole. Even last year ~54% of the cap was spent on the defense, even more the year before. Interestingly, we won the Super Bowl when we were paying the offense more.

Reference: http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/27263/the-philosophy-that-has-shaped-the-seahawks-offensive-line
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:41 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:One side did not carry its weight.

I can see their frustration watching a QB squander scoring opportunities for 3 full quarters, playing pattycake with the other team while the defense wears it self down keeping the door shut.

The defense gave the offense short fields, turnovers and repeatedly made up for mistakes by the offense that gave the opposing offense short fields. They have a right to be upset when the same QB that does damn near nothing for 3 full quarters a game gets accolades for 'being a one man band'.

It was not just turnovers that allowed the defense to create opportunities for the offense.

The defense was always the reason the Seahawks were great. But the QB got the Alaska airlines commercials. Sure that is going to rub a lot of them the wrong way.

But, we don't know just how much of the incompetent offense was the fault of the QB or the OC. So hopefully the years of the defense constantly bailing out the offense are over. We don't have a good enough defense anymore anyway, so for once the offense will have to earn its keep.

I hope it can.

PS Kam is one of the creators of the LOB and a linchpin in the defense that got us to the SB. Wilson would not have sniffed a SB without him. Because of him, Browner, Sherman and Thomas along with Lynch - we have a SB win. So has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to. Especially when considering just how great our defense was and what that defense had to do to get us wins.

So many teams have won championships with a disparity. Patriots continue to dominate with the same disparity.

It’s football. And it’s nonsense to call it out in tweets or even fret about it as a player. Moreso.. it’s prety disingenuous of the defense to main about it when said disparity has solidified their value and made them lots of money.

Whole premise is naive
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am
  • What is the Pats disparity?

They generally have a decent defense. They build the offense around a solid line and one or 2 good receivers with a decent rb.

Our defense is asked to repeatedly hold the door so the offense can do the last drive heroics. But then the offense (qb) gets all the accolades and feating. Meanwhile Kam and Earl literally injured themselves because of our offensesive incompetence then people gave Kam crap for rightfully holding out.

As for our QB not drunken tweeting? Once he plays a full 4 quarters he can drunken tweet to his heart's content. The problem is he doesn't produce save in the 1 of four quarters. So either pay him 1/4 and apply the rest to the defense that actually does it's job....or fix the offense so we don't need the last minute heroics.

Everybody else is expected to 'do your job', the offense should too.

I'm on record as not being sure this is Wilson's fault. But I can see where Kam could be frustrated to see his QB sputter for 3 quarters while the defense busts it *sses.

There have been hints and leaks about how the defense is frustrated with our offense. It should be clear why.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:What is the Pats disparity?

They generally have a decent defense. They build the offense around a solid line and one or 2 good receivers with a decent rb.

Our defense is asked to repeatedly hold the door so the offense can do the last drive heroics. But then the offense (qb) gets all the accolades and feating. Meanwhile Kam and Earl literally injured themselves because of our offensesive incompetence then people gave Kam crap for rightfully holding out.

As for our QB not drunken tweeting? Once he plays a full 4 quarters he can drunken tweet to his heart's content. The problem is he doesn't produce save in the 1 of four quarters. So either pay him 1/4 and apply the rest to the defense that actually does it's job....or fix the offense so we don't need the last minute heroics.

Everybody else is expected to 'do your job', the offense should too.

I'm on record as not being sure this is Wilson's fault. But I can see where Kam could be frustrated to see his QB sputter for 3 quarters while the defense busts it *sses.

There have been hints and leaks about how the defense is frustrated with our offense. It should be clear why.

The Pats defense is no more "decent" than the Seattle offense has been.

Im sure Brady is still trying to figure out his team lost the most recent Super Bowl...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 am
  • To be fair, I think we see a new Wilson this year.

With another OC, I don't see how even an average OC could produce an offense that sputters and dies for 3 quarters while making Wilson into the 2nd coming for Rex Grossman.

Wilson can be great when we need it. So I think he will start earning the entire paycheck not just 1/4 of it.

But Kam has every right to be upset it took this long.
    Last edited by original poster on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 am
  • I agree with most that a comment like this on social media will recieve an immediate reaction....mostly negative.

So, not surprised.

But, many have agree that the offense was terrible.

Bevell must go.
    Cable must go.
    We wasted so many draft picks on OLinemen
    We've been frustrated with so many injuries, Paul Richardson, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls...
    Didn't ultilize Jimmy Graham
    We let veteran OLinemen go....all the starters from the winning SB team are long gone.

The list is very long about the issues with this offense so Kam leaves a vague tweet....basically confirming what so many here have complained about, but...

I agree he shouldn't have tweeted this, but he's kinda confirming what many have complained about last year.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:To be fair, I think we see a new Wilson this year.

With another OC, I don't see how even an average OC could produce an offense that sputters and dies for 3 quarters while making Wilson into the 2nd coming for Rex Grossman ('F* it, I'm Going Long').

Wilson can be great when we need it. So I think he will start earning the entire paycheck not just 1/4 of it.

But Kam has every right to be upset it took this long.

I dont disagree he can be upset. I imagine losing invokes alot of emotion in the NFL.

The way these guys go about expressing it of late is naive and immature though. Trying to take a shot at the offense, 3 months into the offseason, with all the turnover, seems like he's begging for attention.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:25 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Probably but to get any true meaning you would also have to account for the disparity in resources needed to be successful given to the defensive side of the ball over the offensive side of the ball.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am
  • My response to the tweet was, "Is there a stat that shows the negative impact on an offense when a team pays the players all across the defense top, or close to top money for their postions?" These guys are really pissing me off. Where did they think the money came from? You have to rob from Peter to pay Paul. It sucks that a few guys i conidered to be my favorites all time are turning out to be selfish assholes. Im tired of all the noise surrounding ths team. From media, pissy fans and selfish players, it's gotta stop. I'm going to miss this team, but am glad they are cleaning house. Maybe this new team will surprise us, and be hungry and better than we expected.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:01 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:

Had Kam said,

[/b].

Regarding the bolded, one can formulate an opinion without resorting to lies and hyperbole. Even last year ~54% of the cap was spent on the defense, even more the year before. Interestingly, we won the Super Bowl when we were paying the offense more.

Reference: http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/27263/the-philosophy-that-has-shaped-the-seahawks-offensive-line

Just as one can formulate a response without being obtuse

Pointing out that a franchise Qb got paid is extremely silly. Name one that isn’t. In fact, I’m pretty sure several get paid more than Russell with less production. Some of you wouldn’t mind having Derek Carr at the price he’s getting paid, which says plenty

Name one offensive star on offense aside from Doug Baldwin. I’ll wait. Fact is, Sherman, Wagz, Earl, Bennett, Wright, AVril, and Kam were ALL paid and that’s a lot more than we’ve ever been able to say for the offense since having Okung and Rice. So yea, the complaining by the defense is pathetic, because the expensive contracts are mainly on defense by volume alone. Spend money on an RB, an O-line, or a top WR then we can have a logical debate. Otherwise this is just excusing the defense living up to the identity Pete wanted
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:53 pm
  • Until the defense gets 3/4 of the cap, then the offense is not pulling its weight when the defense is doing 3/4 of the work.

And 54% of the cap is barely 'a majority'.

The simple truth is the QB is eating a tremendous amount of the offensive spend but not producing a tremendous amount. That needs to change.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Until the defense gets 3/4 of the cap, then the offense is not pulling its weight when the defense is doing 3/4 of the work.

The simple truth is the QB is eating a tremendous amount of the offensive spend but not producing a tremendous amount. That needs to change.

The QB Was 82% of our offensive production alone. He’s paid about 10th in salaries for his position in the NFL but that amount is close to average for an NFL starter.
    Last edited by brimsalabim on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Until the defense gets 3/4 of the cap, then the offense is not pulling its weight when the defense is doing 3/4 of the work.

Pulling numbers out of your nether regions doesn't make your argument any more convincing. Prove the defense did 3/4 of the work.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:21 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:One side did not carry its weight.

I hope it can.

The past is the past, and sniveling about it now by players or FANS, does nothing to change anything, and oh, without Wilson & Lynch, Kam wouldn't have sniffed a chance at a SB either, as it took BOTH sides of the ball >> WINNING<< to even get a shot at playing in SB 48. it was the >>SUCCESS<< of >>BOTH Defense & OFFENSE<< It's NEVER just one side ALL BY IT'S LONESOME.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:06 pm
  • Aros wrote:How many drunk tweets is Russell sending out?

Exactly.

You mean, ignoring the ones about the mystical qualities of certain vitamin waters? ;)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm
  • Twitter is the devil.
    That is all.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:07 pm
  • strohmin wrote:Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.

I've been dying to know this....when you talk out of your ass, does the room smell like farts ?
    :snack:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

3rd down percentage, 15th, 12th, 7th and 9th in opponent conversions....

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:20 pm
  • Eamon696 wrote:Is there a stat for the number of times that the Defense gave up a gamewinning drive?

Oh wait. There is. It's called Losses.

The revisionism and lack of accountability amongst some of the members of the Defense is ridiculous. Did the Offense mess up on the goal line during the super bowl? Of course. But it was the Defense that gave up a 10 point lead to the Patriots that put them there in the first place. And then there was the Falcons Divisional round game, and so many others.

This sort of attitude doesn't help anything. If Kam doesn't want to buy in anymore, then he should leave (and that hurts me to say, because I will always love the LOB and what they did for this team).

What about the Panthers game :lol:

31 points given up in 1st half

WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 pm
  • strohmin wrote:I don't see anything promising from this offense. Our offense after Lynch has been a dumpster fire. Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time. A historically great defense wasted because of a pathetically horrific offense and a stupid play call. At this point, Pete is just trying to end his career on a high note, but I don't think he has what it takes to put together a winning team anymore.

The OFFENSIVE LINE has been a dumpster fire. How can you say Wilson has regressed when the OL is straight up garbage and one year Wilson was the leading rusher.

WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:28 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

BOOM, there's the stats to prove it. Below average in forcing turnovers and barely top 10 at best on third down for the #1 paid defense. Explain twisted how the defense was doing 3/4 of the work?

And my goodness the 1st vs. 4th quarter disparity was only this year for Wilson. STOP saying that it is true of him as a QB, the stats show its untrue. Just last year his 1st half rating was better than his 2nd half rating.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:09 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    strohmin wrote:Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.

I've been dying to know this....when you talk out of your ass, does the room smell like farts ?

:rofl:
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:41 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    strohmin wrote:Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.

Yup, it smells like a 12 inch turd with all the shit scraped off :smilingalien:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Aros wrote:How many drunk tweets is Russell sending out?

Exactly.

You mean, ignoring the ones about the mystical qualities of certain vitamin waters? ;)

Damn you. ;)

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Lets see....

BOOM, there's the stats to prove it. Below average in forcing turnovers and barely top 10 at best on third down for the #1 paid defense. Explain twisted how the defense was doing 3/4 of the work?

And my goodness the 1st vs. 4th quarter disparity was only this year for Wilson. STOP saying that it is true of him as a QB, the stats show its untrue. Just last year his 1st half rating was better than his 2nd half rating.

Doesn't count FGs vs TDs. Both count as scores. I wouldn't argue that the defense hasn't been quite as good over the last 2 years though. That's still not empirical.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:26 pm
  • You don't watch the games much if it isn't clear the defense isn't doing most of the work.

Funny I have to point it out to some of the slower ones.

The job of the defense is to prevent the other team from scoring. Primarily touchdowns.

The job of the offense is to score. Ideally touchdowns.

The goal is to end the game with a higher score than the other team.

For the 1st 3 quarters the defense does, for the most part, stop the opposing team from scoring.

And even the comebacks depend on the defense stopping the opposing team from scoring.

Does our offense tend to score touchdowns in the first 3 quarters? No? If the defense prevents tds and the offense fails to score them I would say one side is doing it's job while other side is failing. 3/4 ....watch the games the past 2 years
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:32 pm
  • Points are how you win or lose a game and the Hawks fell to a lowly 10th in the league in points allowed, mostly through injury. Let's not pretend silly things.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 pm
  • Exactly.

Last year our defense slipped.

And without the defense to bail them out repeatedly our offense couldn't even scrape together a wild card.

Because without the defense to do the work all we have is a QB that occasionally runs around in the 4th quarter. Nothing consistent, capable or dependable. Great for YouTube clips though.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

Lets see....

Doesn't count FGs vs TDs. Both count as scores. I wouldn't argue that the defense hasn't been quite as good over the last 2 years though. That's still not empirical.

The stat is just for defensive takeaways, not for TDs scored off of takeaways. Unless you're talking about Kam's point and not the stats? Not sure.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Exactly.

And without the defense to bail them out repeatedly our offense couldn't even scrape together a wild card.

Because without the defense to do the work all we have is a QB that occasionally runs around in the 4th quarter. Nothing consistent, capable or dependable. Great for YouTube clips though.

First of all, here is the cap breakdown for offense/defense since 2013 (from spotrac):

2013: 52%/39%
    2014: 37%/45%
    2015: 35%/48%
    2016: 35%/51%
    2017: 36%/56%

Average Cap% rank for offense: 23rd highest
    Average cap% rank for defense: 8th highest

So clearly the defense has vastly out-earned the offense over this period.

I'm not even disagreeing with you that the defense was carrying the load all these years, I just disagree that the offense has sucked because Russell Wilson got paid and he sucks for the first three quarters of games when the latter was only true for 2017 - he was just as bad in the 3rd quarter in 2016 as he was in the first quarter in 2017, which is it?

It's also evident that the FO chose to pay the defense way more than the offense. Now, you can come back and say if we got rid of Wilson and invested in OL, we'd be better off, which I strongly disagree with. Put a mediocre guy behind a great OL (assuming we'd even have that) and you aren't going to get a great offense. See Cowboys 2015 and the Browns when they had Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, and Alex Mack together for a few years. The 2016 Oakland Raiders looked like an offensive juggernaut behind an elite OL, but were crap as soon as Carr went down.

The problem is either they invested too heavily in defense (which I don't think they did, I loved our defense being historically great and wouldn't change that for the world) or they failed to build a competent OL and lacked quality depth at RB. I definitely think it's the latter. They had chances to sign guys like Schwartz to deals that look like steals right now, or draft guys like Cam Robinson who looked promising out of the gate, but decided to focus on taking on young, raw athletes and having Cable coach them up. Look how that worked out. That is what cost this team. It's baffling to me that people think the main problem is Russell Wilson's contract.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:38 am
  • ^Great post adeltaY
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Exactly.

While I agree and share your opinion on most things, I cant agree with you on Wilson. I truly believe he was handicapped for the first 3 quarters of every game due to a completely inept game plan from Bevell. The 4th quarter heroics is when the game plan gets thrown to the wayside out of necessity. Throw in our horrific line and lack of running game and I think that Russ has earned more accolades than he already receives.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:23 am
  • Not exactly showing your normal leadership Kam. But, a defensive player saying something like this is nothing new. They seem to feel like they are somehow above criticism. Maybe someone from the offense should tweet about how many times the D got torched last year. But they're not, because that's not what a team player should be doing. The D had an opportunity to finish the game vs. the Redskins, but didn't. They got flat out owned by the Rams (though missing a lot of guys). The Titans made the D look below average. The Texans went up and down the field at will on them etc. Yet you don't see offensive players calling anyone out. I love Kam, but this is pretty weak. Don't act like Sherm.....
    The D gave up 33 to the Titans, 38 to the Texans, 34 to the Falcons, 30 to the Jags, 42 to the Rams and 26 to the Cards. The TEAM underachieved last year, not just the Offense. But yes, the O was painful to watch.
    But is it possible to go one week w/out someone opening their pie hole on Twitter? This team should be sticking together, not throwing out stuff like this. It's not a big deal overall, but it seems like these guys spend more time calling out the Offense than worrying about themselves.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:16 pm
  • Good for Kam, if he's talking about the Seahawks. That offense was complete garbage, for 3 years straight. And we did nothing to improve. The defense was the only thing keeping us afloat last season. Almost all of our starters were injured on defense, the offense was mostly healthy, and yet our defense was the only thing working. There were times I thought we would be better off just punting on every first down.

Made me sick watching the Rams game. Perfect summary of this team and LA took full advantage.

Seattle's offense has been garbage since 2014. It was so frustrating watching the defense make stand after stand only to watch our offense give it back 3 plays later. I completely understand why the players would feel like that. I felt like that and I'm only a fan.

These homers here making excuses would be making excuses no matter what. If you think defense was the problem since Beast Mode left, you haven't been watching. Cuz it's pretty obvious what the problem has been and it wasn't the defense.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm
  • Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin are the Seahawk offense. 2 players who are consistently producing. The fact that RW has to run for his life every play, it's tremendous that he is able to play every down and not missed any games since he's worn a Seahawk uniform.. If it was Brady, Ryan, Rodgers, were forced to play behind that OL, they would crumple to a fetal position or probably be done for the season.

We saw how the offense was before Wilson arrived. Don't want to experience that again. RW was a big factor in making it to the playoffs, winning a SB, and making it again the next year. Plus he led the team to playoffs each year. Also, they were few field goals short of making the playoffs again.

The Seahawks could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4 if they had a kicker worth his salt on the team. Unfortunately they didn't. Which was a huge mistake. However, it may have been a boon as if they did finish 11-5, 12-4, Cable and Bevell may still be here. So there's a silver lining here. The fact those two morons are gone is almost like a SB win, IMO.

Furthermore, the only plays called under the previous offensive coaches were vertical routes. Hopefully Schotty will add some more diverse plays to the playbook and keep the opposing defenses guessing.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Furthermore, the only plays called under the previous offensive coaches were vertical routes. Hopefully Schotty will add some more diverse plays to the playbook and keep the opposing defenses guessing.

From what I've seen and read, Schotty's offense relies even more on vertical routes than Bev's

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/2/12/17 ... ell-wilson

Doesn't mean it'll be bad, but if the OL isn't better it sounds like it'll be tough to execute. Really hope Schotty is good at adjusting to personnel and gameflow.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 am
  • Is there a stat for being beat on 3rd and long over and over again...and bring up by 10 in the 4th qtr and losing?
    hawksmode
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 am
  • The TEAM was bad quite often last year, not just the Offense. So, we are supposed to just act like the Defense is perfect, and never gives up leads and/or 30 plus points? If not, that makes us homers. Got it.
    Nobody is claiming the Offense was good, they were pathetic, at least in the running game. But to ignore the fact that the Defense had some serious breakdowns in 2017? And having an opinion that the D hasn't been as perfect as they make themselves out to be = we haven't been watching? Thx for the morning laugh. I guess I wasn't watching when the Titans ran up and down the field and the D couldn't tackle anyone. Or the Falcons. Or the Jags. Or the Texans. Or the end of the Skins game when the Hawks it won. And much of that was WITH the Legion. Like someone mentioned, if Walsh didn't kill the team w/missed FG's they win 11 games. Obviously one they lost Kam/Cliff and Sherm, couldn't expect them to be near what they were. But, they were also getting torched at times WITH all those guys.
    Win as a team, lose as a TEAM. Calling each other out doesn't help in the least. Oh well, we all look at it our own way. :irishdrinkers:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 am
  • I love Kam but this is a bad look. I'm not even arguing if he's right or wrong but passive aggressive late night tweets make you look a little ridiculous. Here is my other problem. When these defensive players call out the whole offense they are including guys like Russ, Doug who are producing and pulling more than their weight. The system was garbage, the oline scouting and coaching was garbage, the lack of resources into the offense have been a problem and Pete's old school mentality and putting his finger on how the offense should run have been a problem so Kam really isn't wrong. I'm just not a huge fan of calling everyone out when not everyone is at fault on that side of the ball.

This isn't a huge deal of course but it does look a little odd for Kam to tweet that out now. Maybe he wants the team to invest more in the offense? We've removed two key pieces and haven't done much to replace them. We are supposed to be building around Russ but it doesn't seem like we are giving him the pieces he needs to succeed. Fluker and Arizona's 4th receiver isn't good enough and I liked both signings.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 am
  • For those claiming that there hasn't been current players or ex-Seahawk players who have called Wilson out here's another prime example staring you right in your damn face.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:21 am
  • How is this a call out on Wilson? We've had players name specific people and never once is it Wilson. We've seen them critical of Pete and his role, we've seen them call out Bevell multiple times and we have ex players questioning Cable but not Wilson. I think your anti-Wilson bias is clouding your judgement. Even if I concede for sake of argument its common in NFL circles because of big egos and defensive players, or any player for that matter that isn't a QB to want more credit and to be jealous of the credit the QB gets(and in Wilson's case deserves).

I've actually seen Kam say multiple times that Wilson is one of the best in the league so your take on Kam's tweet is confusing.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am
  • RCATES wrote:For those claiming that there hasn't been current players or ex-Seahawk players who have called Wilson out here's another prime example staring you right in your damn face.

I'll gladly admit this if you can show some damn proof other than just deep seeded bias and hate toward Wilson. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information