As of now is RW top 5 QB?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He's been roughly 4 or 5 on the list for a few years now. His growth has been stunted with RB and OL problems the last two though. He's gotten dumber and dumber since 2015, when he had that streak of 8 games that put him in that top 3 for a bit. It's the only sample there is. OL won't do it alone. Carson is a stud, yes, but he can get injured. RW should get back at his more usual high efficiency at that point.

RW fans take that as a slight. Some sort of underdog follower worshipness sort of shit. Often enough, GB bay fans say the same thing about their QB, needing a running game to take the emphasis off so defenses can't go all out pass rush all the time. Just normal strategy really. Not a slight against the lord and savior. I also say that because we aren't yet paying him 30M. Mmmmhmm.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I really don't get the questioning of Russell Wilson. My god, what does he have to do!?!?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":ywlkmwrw said:
I really don't get the questioning of Russell Wilson. My god, what does he have to do!?!?
Asking top 5 isn't questioning. It isn't a matter of what he has to do to prove...whichever. There is no such thing as unquestionable holiness so don't ask for it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yes. And he could use a good running game. Not mutually exclusive. A not shit-tier OL would help.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Please stop watching ESPN...

They have a top 5 for everything

hawkman

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":nduubrtb said:

Having the ability to throw consistently to the middle of the field would be a great start. Moving up in the pocket and throwing the ball would be cool to.

Steve2222

Reaction score
He’s the #2 QB. He’s a QB who can lead his team to victory despite the talent around them. The Seahawks roster last year was 2 or 3 wins talent wise and he remarkably got us to 9. Could have easily been 11 with a competent kicker.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Lets see

Last year he was

9th in passing yards
1st in passing TD
10th in QB rating
33rd in the league in rushing yards and had over 100 yards more than the next two Seahawk RBs

2 Years ago
10th in passing yards
17th in passing TD
14th in QB rating

Objectively with Stats he is NOT a TOP 5 QB to be honest which sucks...BUT to anyone that knows the circumstances around it, the OL was the worst in the league, he played injured 2 years ago, and he has accounted for a lot of our rushing yards with zero running game. The best RB we have had last 2 years was Christine Micahel with 469 yards.

I think he is a top 5 QB but the stats dont bare it out. Hopefully we will see him return to form this year

sutz

Reaction score
From the department of redundancy department, yes. Yes he is.

hawkman

Reaction score
Steve2222":2sfpwt97 said:
He’s the #2 QB. He’s a QB who can lead his team to victory despite the talent around them. The Seahawks roster last year was 2 or 3 wins talent wise and he remarkably got us to 9. Could have easily been 11 with a competent kicker.

Please tell us your joking :shock:

Steve2222

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1iy43fiy said:
Lets see

Last year he was

9th in passing yards
1st in passing TD
10th in QB rating
33rd in the league in rushing yards and had over 100 yards more than the next two Seahawk RBs

2 Years ago
10th in passing yards
17th in passing TD
14th in QB rating

Objectively with Stats he is NOT a TOP 5 QB to be honest which sucks...BUT to anyone that knows the circumstances around it, the OL was the worst in the league, he played injured 2 years ago, and he has accounted for a lot of our rushing yards with zero running game. The best RB we have had last 2 years was Christine Micahel with 469 yards.

I think he is a top 5 QB but the stats dont bare it out. Hopefully we will see him return to form this year

Curious, in combined yards, where did Wilson rank? Also, stats aren’t in a vacuum. You think Wentz, Brady, Goff, and Brees put up their same numbers with the Seahawks offense?